Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Can I please play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Mills posted:

you and everyone else

:pusheen:

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

good morning autobots and decepticons

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Mills posted:

I don't know what that means but I found 4 of the 5 scum by D2 in Kommando's game. :shrug:

Upselling what an awesome scumhunter you are on day one seems like a pretty good way to get night killed, man :ohdear:

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

This isalready looking less like a Mafia game, and more like Urban Smurf on a treasure hunt

I don't get it :confused:

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Tirade posted:

You need to turn on your pms so that Bif can invite you to the scumdoc.

Angling for another d1 lynch, eh?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

I'll all for D1 lynch on anidav but are there any other posters who haven't checked in yet?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Sorry, coaching newbies.

##vote anidav

I'll effort post on this tomorrow morning

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

so Coq's looking way better for a lynch mob now, but I'd like to look at this as well:

looking forward to hearing this soon. it better be good, when you were absent for hours to finally swoop in and conveniently make that decision only 3 minutes before hammer, right before I could switch to Coq.

Pressure's on

I voted for anidav because I was really suss on how he seemed to be begging for people to expend night actions on him using vague, flavour-y roleclaims.

He could've had a cop investigate him, a doctor protect him, a vigilante try and kill him and who knows what else with how many roles there could be. And a single scum watcher would've been able to see all of those people and had a great list of night kill after night kill for the scumdoc, from one night action.

He might have flipped town, but even then, who knows which power roles were planning on investigating him that could've been seen by a scum watcher. Yes, it sucks that we've lost a watcher (and also one of the coolest characters - rip starscream), but a number of other potential power roles have been protected by him not being an option for night actions.

As for the lateness, I was coaching and noticed at the very last second. In the future, I'm going to make a more considered vote earlier in the day and if I don't get swayed I'll just have to stick with it. Sorry :(

I have no special role insight that I needed overnight to write this post for, it's just that I had to phonepost at the death knell.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

same here, I started reading that flip thinking, "Haha! Suck it Starscream! ...wait, what?"

WFD, that sounds surprisingly reasonable - time will tell if that was your true intent, but in any case it's still Coq on the block for now if it was him you were trying to protect. I'm also interested in this Tirade business though, as the day is young

I'm totally down with lynching Coq

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Morning all.

So wtf happened last night? The last minute double on anidav raised my eyebrows. As did the double night kills! No one has mentioned two kills?

I've skimmed over your response WFD.. I'll have to read back later to find a post, I thought someone already called him on the 'asking for protection thing' yesterday. then again i could have imagined it. Anyhow what's your opinion on Coq's behaviour yesterday?

I'm off to a meeting now but should be back on to catch up by lunch. Hopefully Milky has elaborated by then, without anyone else loving roleclaiming.

Looking over Coq's posts, Coq called him on it but he kept doing it?

Coq's flipping and making mistakes is really weird. He's either town trying a new play or scum, but then there's that YOU WILL REGRET THIS style post which is another one of those really vague roleclaims that encourages people to expend their night actions on him. I'm not going to blame him for having dinner sprung on him (you need all the entertainment you can get in canberra).

Other thing I'm interested in is Tirade's bit about beet "not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth" which is weird because to my eye he clearly was?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, my play thus far has been quite scummy, I've got no defense. It just hasn't been a good couple of days to sit down and play mafia.

I admit that I'm focusing pretty hard on Coq because of the role stuff, but Mills was also suss on him early in the piece. I don't know if the scum nightkill was to try and put more shade on Coq or just a case of wanting to get to him before he got too persuasive.

The other reason I'm leaning toward voting for Coq is because Mills and Bif were both leaning pretty hard on him and they drew some connections that I didn't. I'm still no good with the whiteboard and red string but I'm trying!

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

I don't think FS is suss enough for a vote honestly. If I had to choose out of either of you I'd vote you first, to be honest.

That said, the speed at which this vote has grown is interesting and FS getting lynched would be an interesting test on flip to see who voted for him and how quickly they did so.

Why Bif?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

But they are basing their vote off Bifs now retracted argument. DJ-BQQ voted after Bif came out and said she no longer thought it had legs.

might not be refreshing the thread fast enough?

I dunno where black_tangled's getting 'experienced enough' from, I was scum in game one, and a cop in another that died on night three.

I realised I haven't really thought about the two night kills. There's a lot of roles that get separate night kills, right? And it could well have been a one-shot vig who thought that they were dead meet sooner rather than later, or a one-shot strongman. I realise it's really dumb to read into flavour too much but seeing as it's decepticons and autobots working together, supposedly, would it be too far a stretch for a serial killer to be about?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

There's storms rolling into Queensland, and my brain has been stuffed full of humidity and regret. (for missing out on the vote-flinging fun I should have been having yesterday)

One thing that does still bother me though, is that the Coq case hasn't got off the ground at all now for today, and you'd think the scum would've at least tried to get their claws into that juicy roleclaim if he's town. Part of the reason I've gone all conspiracy theory on you FS, is that my theory helped explain that sheer absence of votes. Maybe Coq's just scum after all, but that looks like it will need to wait for resolution later.

why?

It's a good argument to make, especially as we get closer to deadline you'd think scum would try and attach to townie desperation to use our only method of defence.

##vote SKY COQ

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Tirade posted:

Motherfuck. Close to zero network data all afternoon. No chance to properly look at posts but I'll help on either djbbq or wfd.

Voting for bbq right now cause ive had a slightly higher feeling of suspicion on him but will flip if needed.

##vote dj-bbq

wind's blowing more in my direction, honestly

okay, should I survive another day I'm gonna have to start a spreadsheet or a document or something because this poo poo's hard to keep track of

there's two trains running at the moment, one on me and one on dj-bbq. his posts have been kinda noisy with just agreements and votes

Freudian Slip, you were right and it slipped my mind because I was thinking about too much other bullshit, I'm happy to see what happens with coq's role and play tonight; I just can't shake it from my head that role claiming and asking for defence is super scummy

##vote dj-bbq

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Good game, scum. You probably wouldn't have needed night kills at all. Sorry about my lovely play, town, but at the very least my role wasn't wasted! :unsmith: I also think I learned a thing or two about better town play, for next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Thanks for running a good game Asphyxious :)

• Locked thread