Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

yes in please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:siren: :siren: Hidden Movement :siren: :siren:

shoot an email at [redacted] and I'll give you a certificate for platinum

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 16, 2015

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbIEamupKLw

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Hello friends

Hi Kat, I'm glad you're playing mafia again :)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

Gentlemen.

there are women in here too mate

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Day 1 is always hard.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

haaahaha, and here I thought you were playing more serious early on, what with the helpful reminder of avoiding roleclaims

##vote Mithranderp

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

So I guess it's between Sky Coq and Anidav. Well, I think I've gotta vote for the guy who posted

Anidav posted:

-Last post of the day-

and then subsequently went on to make 16 more posts

##vote Anidav

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

No actually, we didn't.

No poo poo. Go and look at the posts he made after that, a few of them are answers to questions from black_tangled but the rest are just unprompted poo poo like

Anidav posted:

Mills is posting as usual and is probably town but I would love some pity from him for once.

I'm not going to pretend to have any solid reads on D1. Sky Coq's posting is a bit spray-and-pray but he's marked himself sufficiently that I expect him to get investigated at some point, and in subsequent days town is going to have very little time for him if he fucks up. But honestly I just don't really want to have to wade through too much more pants-making GBS threads and subsequent "Okay guys sorry guys I'll start posting for real now guys", so if we could dump that poo poo into the airlock on D1 I'd be okay with that.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

We need 3 more votes to lynch Sky Coq
and 4 more votes to lynch Anidav

There are 4 people not voting at this stage (dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Tirade, whats for dinner) and hiddenmovement has a vote on Mills that he'll probably move at some point.

So chances are we're going to lynch Sky Coq. Whatever, that's fine, but if you didn't vote for Anidav today you're kind of waiving your right to complain about his posting later on.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Honestly I am looking forward to seeing the results of the lynch, but not as much as I am looking forward to seeing whether someone gets modkilled for talking about Mafia in the chat thread after hammer. :v:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Ugh I genuinely don't know

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

No I think I've gotta stick with Anidav

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Coq's play just reminds me of my internal monologue as a townie on D1. Can definitely see why it seemed suss posting but suspect it came from an honest place.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

nah im with mills. coq is the bigger risk as scum than anidav is a bigger risk as town.

loving, fine

##vote Sky Coq

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

Alright, so, who protected Tirade?

##vote Tirade

Waiting to hear this one explained before I share my suspicions.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

:ghost: You guys got double killed power roles for the second Transformers mafia in a row. Bad luck :ghost:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/petulant

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Also Anidav, get out

Asphyxious posted:

- No Deadposting.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

That didn't happen.

OK Boss

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

Also worth noting: if there was a townie with a nightkill, I'd almost certainly be dead.

Could be a nightkill that works only on even nights.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Small Keating posted:

As for Mills' posts: a lot of anti-Anidav sentiment early, a couple of unofficial votes for FS and Coq that I have to assume Mills knew were not going to be counted by vote finder and may have been designed to draw out posters quick to jump on the bandwagon. Later in the evening, there was some argy-bargy with Gwyn over newbie posting and a joke about Gwyn flipping scum later, and finally there was a big push for Coq that didn't pan out.
I think Mills was going pretty hard after Coq.

Mills posted:

I think lynching Anidav will be a mistake.

Mills posted:

I see a lot of declared votes for Anidav. Is there any point in me arguing for Coq still? Will anyone change their mind? Or can I go have a pot noodle and a wank.

Mills posted:

Just because I like the case on Coq and don't like the case on Anidav, doesn't mean I'm aligned with him. Just because Coq is the other main contender, doesn't mean he has to be scum if Anidav flips town.

Mills posted:

Look I'm not ROCK HARD convinced that Anidav is town or that Coq is scum but I think the Coq case has merit and I think Anidav very clearly just looks like his usual retarded annoying self (which is NOT an indication of alignment).

I'm happy to re-hash the case on Coq again.

Mills posted:

Coq has jumped around flinging poo poo trying to get stuff to stick. He's gone out of his way to quote me out of context to try and discredit me. And he's supposedly at a romantic dinner but he can't get off his phone because he cares too much. That sounds like scum to me.
So we're left with the usual WIFOM scenario. Either Coq is scum and contributed to Mills' death because he didn't want Mills to continue to lead the charge against him, OR ... *sigh* ... that's just what the scum want us to think.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

So I've done a bit of homework on Bifauxnen.

Bif made this post encouraging Coq and Anidav to elaborate on their roleclaims:

Bifauxnen posted:

I would be happy with getting a lynching on a lurker instead of either Coq or Anidav. I think they both deserve the attention they're getting, but that'll just leave us some more business to get to on D2. Are enough people around to switch your votes in under minutes, though? I guess it'll have to be the other way around - see who's still lurking by D2.

Anidav has gone a bit further with pushing the roleclaim, but both of you have already let the cats out of the bag to say "oh gosh, my role is just so important and useful," so I'll ask both of you - do you believe your role is probably worth keeping around more than what the other guy might have? Keep in mind that roles may not exactly be uncommon here anyway.
Mills (confirmed town) said this was a bad idea:

Mills posted:

na, dont do this
Beet also thought Bif's idea was not just bad but scummy.

Matthew Beet posted:

My suss detector is going off the loving charts
Small Keating's analysis points out that Mith threw some shade on Bif before getting nightkilled. (Personally I don't think this is particularly determinative.)

Small Keating posted:

Going back over Mith's posts: Bif and TOML copped a bit of heat, as did Beet briefly, and more generally there were a few DATA posts in there regarding post counts from the silent players. There was also suspicion about Tirade and Coq voting in a bloc to silence Beet.
For what it's worth, Bif doesn't appear on Anidav's suss list.

Bif's posting this game is really ***helpful*** and overall just smells a bit like her posting last game.

Not voting yet, got 8.5 hours left.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I should point out that when I say her posting smells like her posting from last game, in the last game she was scum.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not going to actually OMGUS vote for you cause unlike those two, I'm not nearly as fussed about being wrongfully lynched. But I think your saying my posting smells like last game couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm experimenting with a very different approach so far, on top of the work thing.
It's true you're not spraying your votes all over the place like you did early last game, but your current posting just seems kinda like your posting from the middle of last game.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

So for the people better at this game than me, was the flavour text Saw Too Much and Watcher flip just Gaspy being cute or can someone watching die as blowback from certain other roles? Because working out who Mith was suss on that hasn't flipped could ID a scumrole.

It did make me worry about this: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Paranoid_Gun_Owner

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Wait I'm reading the rules and I don't see how a player is able to reveal information, do they do it upon death or something?

A player "reveals" information when they post something like "I'm a cop, I investigated mills, he was town"

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I'm going to be moderately quiet from about 5-8, so I'm trying to work out who to vote for before I leave work.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

This is why I'm not voting for Coq. Seems to play straight into scum hands. Plus I can believe he was just being stupid. ;)

Yes, this is a pretty sound argument.

I'm a bit less suss about Bif right now. It was interesting to see Beet talk me down from that rather than piling on.

I've had a quick look through the post histories of those who've been posting a bit less.

dj-bbq's post levels are so low that I can't believe any scum would do that.

what's for dinner is still on board for lynching coq and has only really made one substantive post, and that was in self-defence.

##vote whats for dinner

Now heading to dinner and drinks, may or may not be back before hammer.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I've got a bit of a bad feeling about this whats for dinner case, (unless he shows up soon to start scumming up the joint in defense), but it might be worth chasing if we got nothing else. If he did flip scum, that'd at least clear that nagging voice out of my head about why TOML and b_t are both sold on it.

I'm not 100% sold on it, but I'm not 100% sold on anyone. That doesn't matter. In Mafia, town's main tool is the lynch. Always lynch. Always be voting.

As I don't really buy the vote on Coq, it's my responsibility to put forward an alternative. I've done the best I can - I tried to feel out some other suspicions (including a suspicion of you, Bif) and wound up on WFD.

I see a bit of a train has happened on FS. I'm going to eat some dinner now (turned out my dinner/drinks engagement was just for drinks, and so I have a bit more spare time on my hands than I expected). Once I'm back I'll read the case on FS and see if I want to switch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Great that everyone who wanted to vote what's for dinner has been able to participate this evening despite what was for dinner.

:lol:

we are skating pretty close to a no-lynch

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

After everyone is looking elsewhere you want to bring it back to coq? why?

trying to dodge a bullet

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

A bloodbath.

Looks like I was wrong about Dinner. Sorry folks.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Still tipping the presence of a paranoid gun owner.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

I don't think gaspy has used a paranoid gun owner before
I don't think he's used a bomb or a governor before either, but here we are

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

Good point.

How do you think the PGO thing went down, then? Like, it's possible, but a few vigilantes (maybe one shots) explains it just as well. PGO is a pretty specific role to get out of additional night kills.

There were 4 deaths. One of those was due to another killed player being a bomb.

We then have three deaths to explain.

I think it's unlikely that any of these is down to a town vigilante, because there's really not enough for any town vigilante to sensibly pick any scum yet. (That is, hey, if there is a town vigilante, and you're responsible for one of these deaths, I'm now saying "Jesus, could you maybe wait until you've got a better read before you off another loving townie.)

I also think it's unlikely that scum has the power to off three townies in a single night.

Hence PGO.

This is backed up by how N1 played out. On N1 there were two deaths, and one of them suggested some sort of reaction kill that first made me think of the PGO.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

town vigilante explanation is reasonable, but auspol are bad at this game, maybe somebody was convinced coq was scum?

The rest of your theory doesn't really make sense

If on night 1 there were two deaths and one came from a reaction kill from a PGO, and the other from scum, then why were there 3 kills on night 2? One PGO, one scum, one bomb, and one unexplained.

I just don't know why you're pushing this so hard? It's odd.

The one you're saying was "unexplained" could be either a second scum team, or a scum traitor with a night kill ability. It could also be a town vigilante, but in that case I'd really like that vig to holster its loving gun and chill the gently caress out because it clearly doesn't know what it's doing yet (which is fine, there's not enough info, but spray and pray is just killing townies right now).

Either way, whether there's a second scum team, a scum traitor with a night kill ability, or a town vigilante, PGO is a viable explanation for the other death, especially in light of N1 flavour text.

I'm not pushing this hard, because ultimately it doesn't really matter (short of encouraging town to be careful who it performs its night actions on), but my theory makes sense.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Small Keating posted:

Bloody hell. Utter chaos.

Sorry folks, didn't get back into the marina until 9:30pm, too late to assist in the vote.

It turns out I was dead wrong on the Coq. RIP, sweet innocent Coq, taken from us too soon.

Milky's survival, given his reputation as World's Greatest Mafia Player (sorry Millzzzz), in the midst of all this blood letting, makes me very suspicious, but it has now been proven my scumdar is for poo poo, so who knows what the gently caress is going on.

Yeah, I'm similarly a bit clueless at this point.

Here are the currently living posters with their post rates. I was going to do more of an effort post but have some work to do atm.

Bifauxnen
49 posts (2nd highest post rate)

black_tangled
42 posts (4th highest post rate)

dj-bbq
14 posts (lowest post rate)

Freudian Slip
30 posts (equal 6th highest post rate)

Gwynplaine
28 posts (7th highest post rate)

hiddenmovement
19 posts (equal 2nd lowest post rate)

Matthew Beet
79 posts (highest post rate)

Milky Moor
22 posts (3rd lowest post rate)

Small Keating
19 posts (equal 2nd lowest post rate)

Splode
43 posts (3rd highest post rate)

Those On My Left
35 posts (5th highest post rate)

Tirade
30 posts (equal 6th highest post rate)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Nothing you'd worked up over the course of the night, TOML? I see you posting a lot of stuff about mechanics and roles and how maybe there's a 2nd scum team, but not a whole lot of actual casing about what person could be a scum.

Those On My Left posted:

I was going to do more of an effort post but have some work to do atm.

chill out

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i am cooking up a truly magnificent post

it'sa gonna be a spicy meataball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Post counts are from the start of the day.

Bifauxnen
- 49 posts (2nd highest post rate)
- On D1, suggested turbolynching Mills or Anidav, both since confirmed town.
- On D1, accused Anidav (proven town) of OMGUSing (I really didn't understand this then and don't now either).
- On D1, encouraged new posters to come forward, almost too friendly.
- On D1, encouraged delaying the lynch so as to get more conversation going to start some leads for D2
- On D1, analyses the kinds of choices Gaspy might have made when assigning players to alignments.
- On D1, accuses both Anidav (town) and Sky Coq (town) of being scummy, but shifts the vote to Sky Coq (which has the effect of delaying the lynch of Anidav).
- On D1, seemingly (but ambiguously) discourages role claims.
- On D1, suggests abandoning the lynching of Anidav & Coq. This would probably have led to a no-lynch.
- On D1, accuses Small Keating of leading us into a no-lynch.
- On D2, supports a lynch on Coq (town) but also wants us to look at WFD (also town).
- On D2, quickly resolves her concerns about WFD (town) but suggests looking at Coq (town) and Tirade. This seems a bit too neat. I would have expected Bif to push this harder.
- On D2, casts doubt on whether Milky is even telling the truth about having targeted Tirade.
- On D2, keeps up the pressure on Coq. (hurr hurr)
- On D2, impugns me and Freudian Slip but doesn't vote for me because doesn't want to be seen to be OMGUSing.
- On D2, makes a very accurate prediction about scum letting Coq live through D1 only to be offed on N2.
- On D2, makes some observations that impugn Tirade but is at pains to say "I'm not impugning Tirade". This looks scummy to me.
- On D2, posts a comprehensive description of the lynching of Anidav (town) and the reprieve granted to Coq (town). Said that if Coq turned out to be town, scum was probably "not well represented" in a group consisting of me, Kat (town), Tirade (town) and Gwynplaine.
- On D2, suggests, quite sensibly, that FS nightkilled Mills because Mills was suspicious of him.
- On D2, says she's got a bad feeling about the WFD case but will probably jump on board anyway. Seems like arse-covering.
- On D2, votes for black_tangled, impugning her "weak case but best we've got", despite having used exactly the same logic in the "I've got a bad feeling" post. Also casts doubt on me.
- On D2, once people have already identified the voting for FS as a bandwagon, Bif comes late to the party and voices the same opinion.
- On D2, says that guessing about the number of scum teams doesn't get you any closer to working out who the scum are. I agree with this, but don't think that means it's worth shutting up posters who want to talk about it, as it could become relevant later.
- On D2, continued to cast doubt on Coq (town).
- On D2, votes for WFD despite her misgivings, but pretty clearly places the responsibility for it on Beet and me.
- On D2, casts doubt on Beet.
- On D3, is weirdly hostile to me posting a post count and saying I'll come back later.
- On D3, throws shade on anyone who is discussing how many scum teams there are.
- On D3, takes what was clearly a joke post by Beet and uses it to have a go at Beet for not posting more about me.
- On D3, says she thinks DJ BBQ is scum, and votes for him.
- On D3, says BT and I are scum, but then inexplicably votes for Beet, saying he's make a lot of posts but not saying much. This doesn't bear out in my analysis.

black_tangled
- 42 posts (4th highest post rate)
- On D1, a lot of jokey / white noise posts, but desisted when the Anidav lynch really got rolling
- On D1, keen to grill Anidav.
- On D1, goes after Anidav but in a substantive way, pointing out inconsistencies in his posting.
- On D1, accuses Anidav (town) of engineering the lynch on Coq (town). (I still don't really get this.)
- On D1, makes an effort post encouraging a lynch on Anidav (town).
- On D2, seconds Bif's queries about WFD (town).
- On D2, does a run-down of all the players, naming the following as suss: (dj-bbq, hiddenmovement, Kat (town), MMG (town), Coq (town), Small Keating).
- On D2, suggests incorrectly that scum will leave Coq alive for a while.
- On D2, refuses to vote for Coq, saying it plays into scum hands.
- On D2, votes for WFD, saying (fairly) that the case is light but it's the best we have.
- On D2, abandons the vote for WFD to go vote for BBQ on the basis that BBQ isn't posting and that's just bad form. An understandable move

dj-bbq
14 posts (lowest post rate)
- On D2, incredibly low content posting, throwing shade on Tirade.
- On D2, reasonably fairly casts aspersions on Hidden Movement (although doesn't go to any great lengths to make his case).
- On D2, says he doesn't have anyone to chat to about the game - i.e. isn't in a masonry or a scum group. A fairly blatant "I'm town" post.
- On D2, white noise.
- On D2, votes for FS, quite low content.
- On D2, votes for WFD pretty clearly just to stay alive.
- On D3, casts doubt on me but can't commit to actually voting for me. Scummy.

Freudian Slip
- 30 posts (equal 6th highest post rate)
- On D1, very very quiet.
- On D2, posts what turns out to be a horrifically wrong theory about Coq being scum.
- On D2, has a reasonably good answer to Bif's allegations. I am still not sure about this one.
- On D2, says that he thinks that encouraging the lynching of Coq (town) is a scum move, I think?
- On D2, correctly suggests that Coq is a dead man walking, and will be night killed shortly.
- On D2, makes a reply to Bif that frankly I am too tired to properly parse, I welcome other people's input on this.
- On D2, seems to get kinda angry that people are still voting for Coq (town). Either a nice scum play or a genuine town reaction.
- On D3, casts doubt on Milky just because Milky is still alive. Weird.
- On D3, understandably wants more out of Milky re: Milky's vote for BBQ.

Gwynplaine
- 28 posts (7th highest post rate)
- On D1, first post is incredibly low content and just impugns Mills (now known town)
- On D1, posts a, uh, *weird* theory about Anidav and Coq.
- On D1, more awful noob theories.
- On D1, votes for Anidav (town) with no content.
- On D2, comes out with more posts explaining why they won't make useful posts.
- On D2, largely silent newbie says he's not suspicious of Bif "at all".
- On D2, tries to get Coq to reveal information.
- On D2, says he's suss on Bif and FS.

hiddenmovement
- 19 posts (equal 2nd lowest post rate)
- On D1, makes a no content post voting for Mills (confirmed town)
- On D1, more white noise.
- On D1, throws previous posting into doubt on the basis that he hasn't received his PM yet.
- On D1, more white noise.
- On D2, responds to suspicion by saying he hammer Anidav for a laugh and thinks Coq is hiding something. Says he has "an okay ability" that he doesn't know how to use properly. I have no idea what that could be.
- On D2, white noise.

Matthew Beet
- 79 posts (highest post rate)
- On D1, backed up Kat's (now proven incorrect) suspicions about Anidav.
- On D1, very quick to vote Anidav (since proven town)
- On D1, calls Bif on making bizarre OMGUS calls (I agree with Beet on this one).
- On D1, backed Bif's call to not turbo lynch Anidav just for comedy value.
- On D1, helped WFD work out who was staying silent.
- On D1, became super suss of Coq (confirmed town) very quickly in response to a wishy-washy Coq post.
- On D1, complains about Anidav and Coq roleclaiming (both town).
- On D1, points out inconsistencies in Anidav's posts.
- On D1, is vocally suss about Bif. I agreed with this.
- On D1, makes what was, for me, the single most effective argument about whether to vote for Coq or Anidav.
- On D2, makes a post that just doesn't seem like Beet to me.
- On D2, walks back his suspicion of Bif (but not entirely), and gets suspicious of HM's posting and voting. This is reasonable.
- On D2, agrees that there are holes in Bif's theories.
- On D2, points out that HM appears as soon as mentioned, which is scummy.
- On D2, implores MMG (town) to post theories and make a call.
- On D2, says he thinks the case on FS is weak, and he'd rather vote for Bif.
- On D2, continues to accurately identify weak cases.
- On D2, possibly bandwagoning WFD, but I dunno, the post seems genuine.
- On D2, points out that Bif is misconstruing his posts and ignoring things he says.
- On D3, says he's still suss on FS and Bif and castigates Bif for trying to get Milky and Tirade to roleclaim.
- On D3, makes a reasonable case for FS.

Milky Moor
- 22 posts (3rd lowest post rate)
- Suggested on D1 he'd be flavour posting as he did last game, has since dropped it.
- On D1, voted for Anidav (confirmed town) with a content-free post.
- On D1, shifts his vote to Sky Coq (confirmed town) with another content-free post.
- On D1, tries to justify his quietness. Again, is not flavourposting.
- On D2, accuses someone of protecting Tirade. Never really explains this in any depth.
- On D2, says he has "an incredibly accurate hunch" that the two N1 night kills were not caused by town.
- On D2, says he is sure that Tirade wasn't bussed. I have no idea how he knows this.
- On D2, says he thinks we have two scum teams. Bif has later suggested it's not helpful to think about this. I doubt that.
- On D2, in a low content post, votes for Freudian Slip.
- On D3, says he's looking at BBQ or FS
- On D3, doesn't need much encouragement by Bif to vote for BBQ.

Small Keating
- 19 posts (equal 2nd lowest post rate)
- On D1, breaks a long silence to make a reasonable post accusing Coq (confirmed town) of scummy posting and votes for him.
- On D2, shares Tirade's concerns about WFD (town) and HM trying to protect Coq. This post seems opportunistic to me.
- On D2, a minor effort post that doesn't really go anywhere (i.e. culminate in a vote).
- On D2, encourages Coq to post theories and says he intends to vote for Coq.
- On D2, follows through and votes for Coq (town).
- On D3, claims he has no idea what's going on, tries to rouse the silent posters. I think this is effectively white noise.

Splode
- 43 posts (3rd highest post rate)
- On D1, hedged bets on Anidav (who has since been proven town) saying he was dumb, but suss
- On D1, one of the first people to explicitly encourage voting for Anidav (proven town) on the basis that "less Anidav = less Anidav posting" (I have a lot of sympathy for this attitude)
- On D1, threw shade on Mith (confirmed town).
- On D1, justifiably accuses Coq of OMGUSing Beet.
- On D1, consistent with his own posting, votes for Coq (town).
- On D2, continues to discourage roleclaiming.
- On D2, agrees with my suspicions about Bif.
- On D2, says he thinks HM's mistakes are just down to HM being new, and suggests BBQ is scum for trying to paint HM as scum. Also implores Coq to say more things.
- On D2, is the first to jump on board the train I started on WFD, describing my frankly laughably flimsy case as "pretty good". This is scummy.
- On D2, unvotes WFD, admitting that the case is lousy.
- On D2, makes a reasonable case about BBQ jumping on bandwagons and votes for him.
- On D3, gets into an argument with me about possible explanations for the kills. I don't think this matters, overall.

Tirade
- 30 posts (equal 6th highest post rate)
- On D1, Joke-voted Milky for flavourposting.
- On D1, voted for Old Dirty Cumburgs (confirmed scum)
- On D1, instantly echoed Bif's calls to not lynch Anidav too quickly, to allow more time to chat and set up D2 leads.
- On D1, sensibly took Anidav to task for doing the idiotic thing of ... *sigh* ... voting for himself.
- On D1, also criticised Anidav for roleclaiming.
- On D1, eventually became a particularly passionate advocate for not lynching Anidav without getting other things underway first.
- On D1, accurately picks on Beet for a different playstyle, also criticises Kat (now known town) and Milky for lazily joining the Anidav bandwagon.
- On D1, seems torn about whether to vote for Coq or Anidav (both town)
- On D1, justifiably loses his mind at Anidav.
- On D2, accuses WFD (town) and hiddenmovement of trying to scummily protect Coq (town). I think this is an okay theory that wound up being wrong, but was made in good faith.
- On D2, tries to encourage the quiet players to speak up.
- On D2, posts a reasonable theory about why Scum might be happy with how all this is playing out.
- On D2, says he's having trouble posting because of network dropouts.

So what do I take from all this?

D1:
- Beet seemed to capitalise on reluctance about the Anidav lynch by shifting suspicion to Coq. The end result of this was we lynched Anidav (town) on D1 and came close to lynching Coq (town) on D2.
- Tirade's behaviour actually seems quite town to me. Voted for a scum, yelled at Anidav for playing badly, tried to delay the Anidav lynch.
- Bif's posting is almost too friendly. The idle musing about Gaspy's set-up choices is funny given her criticism of me for pondering how many scum teams we might have.
- Hiddenmovement's posting levels are awful. At first blush you might think this makes him town, because scum would be encouraging him to be less suss, but I actually think any smart scum wouldn't have meddled with his style, because that difference would be noticed.
- Dj-bbq, wtf bbq.
- Beet seemed to let himself be guided about the final decision between Anidav and Coq. This seems like a move designed to shift the blame for the eventual decision onto Mills. However, I'm less certain of this, because Mills got killed immediately, so if Beet were scum he wouldn't have gotten what he paid for (i.e. more suspicion on another Townie: Mills).
- Splode strikes me as town.

D2:
- Small Keating becomes, to me, increasingly suspicious.
- I think Black Tangled's scumdar is off but I don't think she's actually suss. If she's scum, she's being way too obvious in impugning townies.
- Beet comes across as less suspicious, Bif as more suspicious.
- Would love to know how Milky is so sure that neither of the two N1 night kills were caused by a townie (but don't want Milky to roleclaim). It's eating at me.
- Bif's theory about FS nightkilling Mills because Mills was onto him is the most persuasive thing Bif has posted.
- I am not too suss on Milky yet.
- I feel the same way about BBQ that I did about HM. Posting style is distinctively scummy, to the point where you'd expect scum to tell him to knock it off. But maybe scum is telling him to keep that style? Or should I choose the Wine In Front Of Me?
- Splode described the case on WFD as good one minute, terrible the next. This is scummy.
- However, Splode correctly picks that BBQ is jumping on bandwagons. This is a town play, but, also, it seems not to take much for Splode to move his vote.

D3:
- Bif is weirdly antagonistic towards me.
- I think that Bif is technically right that discussing the number of scum teams doesn't get you closer to identifying scum, but there are a lot of newbies in this game (as well as players who are only on their 2nd or 3rd game) so I don't think there's anything wrong with canvassing all the possible setups.

Overall, my Town picks are Tirade, probably Beet, probably Splode, probably Black_Tangled.

My scum picks are Bifauxnen, dj_bbq, hiddenmovement and probably Small Keating.

Genuinely unsure on: Gwnyplaine, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor.

##vote Bifauxnen

• Locked thread