Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hello, I am new to Mafia and transformers, and would like to play in your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Good morning everyone.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mills posted:

Let's just lynch Anidav. :shrug:

This man seems very compelling, and he has a fanclub.

## vote anidav

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

I don't think it works if there is a space between ## and vote

Don't edit your post though, new guy, that's against the rules. Just try again.

Looks like it worked! Science presses on.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

Splode continues leading the dickhead brigade against me :shrug:

See, calling me a dickhead isn't making me feel any worse about this.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bifauxnen posted:

Before this lynch train gets really rolling into hammertime here, how are you Mafia newbies doing? Maybe tell us a bit about yourselves, I guess? (Note: this does not include roleclaims, maybe like, your outlook on life, if you like beetroot and/or pineapple on your burgers, or something innocuous like that.)

Oh, about Urban Smurf, he's a poster in this thread I've been following, about a real-life treasure hunt that's been unsolved for 30 years. He pretty much does straight-up impressions of A Beautiful Mind. Worth a read, there's one reasonable guy at least who's onto a very good lead, and about to go digging soon. (once the snow lets up there in the States, at least)

Hi! I'm the Cumburglar. I like posting about burgers (I don't know what a beetroot is!), posting in chat threads, and being a relaxed dude. I have fun playing with friends on the internet.

I'm happy to be here! :D

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

black_tangled posted:

Also, your cum is not safe so just be aware of that.

Well yeah. If you know a Cat-Burglar, you cats are not safe. If you know a home-burglar, your home is not safe. It's a pretty simple formula.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Tirade posted:

##unvote

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

I am sorry for my ignorance.

This is the burger I had yesterday:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

Yeah it'd be better with beetroot.

I am absolutely certain you are right.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mithranderp posted:

And Cumburgs.

Basically almost half of players that haven't contributed much/at all.

If you don't find my delicious hamburger to be substantial, I can't help you.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

My earlier posts sucked, sorry town.

##unvote

Apology accepted. But you better not be playing us for a fiddle.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenmovement posted:

I have no idea of my role yet due to the lateness of my pm activation

##vote hiddenmovement

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm compelled to agree with the investigative work above.

##unvote

##vote SKY COQ

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

SKY COQ posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo. My girlfriend's taking me out for a nice dinner in a trendy suburb. How dare she. I may not have time for Gaspy-level analysis.

Now you're just running out the clock, friend.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

No actually, we didn't.

Matthew Beet posted:

Hey good idea townie. If scum have a tracker they can keep an eye on you now.

This first day role claiming poo poo is just nuts. First you then coq. It's like you're playing from the same sheet.

drat, Beet. You're spitting out some super hot fire over here.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

I believe Mith and black_tangled were trying to ask me questions after that post. I also have made a few effort posts since. For the record I thought I was going to die at that point so I would leave it at that but I also believe questions directed at me should be answered because not doing so is twice as scummy. I also note that spitting fire at me is a very nice was of trying to sway the momentum back on to me; Matthew Beet.

If it causes you to post like this, it's working.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mithranderp posted:

DJ-BBQ has three posts, no votes, no contributions.
Milky has a few posts, hardly any more than three words, and 2 bandwagon votes with no other discussion.
Cumbags is very similar (though has increased posts since I first mentioned them)
hiddenmovement--didn't have PMs enabled so didn't know their role. Kinda understandable that they've not been able to contribute much; however, they also voted mills before they even got their PMs enabled?
There's also Gwynplaine and whatsfordinner who have posted, but not voted or contributed much or at all.
Katdelacour hasn't posted much either
Freudian Slip has 2 posts, one of which was voting Anidav (FS did say he wouldn't post much)
MysticalMachineGun has posted all white noise, one vote for Anidav
B_T has posted a bit, but without saying much at all
TOML hasn't posted a huge amount either (bit of white noise with the exception of his latest post)

So yeah it's like half the player list, so :shrug:

I'd like to apologize for my lack of posting earlier by confessing that I had to pick up some medicine from the post office, and that I am in a different time zone. But I completely understand your point.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yikes. We're off to a bad start.

black_tangled posted:

Old Dirty Cumburgs - Doesn't know what beetroot is. Was on the skycoq train yesterday.

I know what it is, I've just never eaten it due to lack of opportunity. And my thoughts on Skycoq remain largely unchanged.

Sky talked up his abilities yesterday, tried to run out the clock on the hammer when it seemed he was in danger, and continually pushed a "You'll be Sorry" defense. All of this smells to me like a rat cornered.

However, when today rolls around:

SKY COQ posted:

At the risk of further muddying the waters, I'd rather not say anything until I have something to report. The information I discovered is already public.

I don't think that a wise townie would role-call so heavily, without the knowledge that they were safe from the scum.

Call it intuition, but I do not trust Sky Coq.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Freudian Slip posted:

Edit is not a quote : Is that a modkill Gaspy?

Sorry town

ffs, fs.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I really don't quite understand the "what's for dinner" argument, because it seems to hinge on the fact that he's suss on Coq (I argue, for good reason) and because he has a low postcount (which could be for any reason). It seems like a band-wagon vote, and it's not enough for me.

That said, I feel like bifs makes a good point about FS, mostly because he got so defensive after Bif's post.

Freudian Slip posted:

We seem to be going around in circles Bif.

I didn't lay low last night. I voted for Anidav because at that point there was only white noise and Anidav starting to melt down. I knew I was going out in the evening and wanted to vote before I left. I was happy with the vote then and thought the vote would be over quickly. I didn't get back home till after hammer and was surprised by the amount of posting.

Today I have had more to go beyond the white noise of yesterday. I have been fairly strident that we shouldn't lynch Coq today because of the role claim he has made. I have also shown that a poo poo town of people have him as their prime suspect. If he makes it tomorrow, he will have to clarify his role and then we can see whether someone contests his role. In the meantime, we should focus on finding someone else.

In terms of Mills, yes Mills did vote for me and I said that the whole mafia team would have to be noobs to kill him because they were scared that Mills was on to them. Mills himself talks about the fact that he usually has a good idea who is scum by day 2. I think the scum decided not to give him the chance. This is just a theory though.

As for Mith, I believe TOML's theory now is the best as Mith would have been using her power to watch someone. If they were a paranoid gun owner - that would explain how she was killed. I no longer think bussing was involved - at the time I was trying to link Milky's Tirade post with Mith's death.

ie. Milky tries to kill Tirade, but Tirade and Mith were Bussed so he killed Mith instead and wonders why Tirade was still alive.

The only thing that makes me question the paranoid gun owner theory is that Milky is fairly adamant that Mith was not killed by a townie power.

Freudian Slip posted:

a poo poo tonne of people have him as their prime suspect.

A lot of what FS seems to be saying is contradictory. He's claiming that he's anti-Coq lynch, but the second suspicion falls on him, he makes it a point to highlight (twice!) that Coq is the town's prime suspect. This smacks so strongly of deflection. Which is it, FS? Are you Anti-coq lynch or pro? If it's the former, why are you so keen to remind everyone that he's been the town's prime suspect? If you're for it, then saying you're against it is a pretty poor defense!

Honestly, I'm not buying what you're selling.

##vote Freudian Slip

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
##unvote

##vote whats for dinner

[spoiler]My vote? Tacos.[/b]

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
drat it. I hosed up my joke, and I have no way to edit it. Life is Sad

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Old Dirty Combaticon is pleased with this outcome.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks for a great game, Gaspy, with lots of fun roles, :D

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tithin posted:

My game will be up tommorow at some point.

The flavour is pretty neat. I think a few of you will like i.

It's no transformers though.

I want in on this, please keep that in mind in case time zone differences leave me late to sign up.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Gwyn, it's okay. You can be Vanilla Scum if you want. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

Hey everybody, that was ODC's first game. What a natural, eh?

You were a real asset to the team cum burglar

You're going to make me blush!! :D

I chalk it up to a great team. :h:

• Locked thread