Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

In (have no idea how 2 play)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

A reminder: no posting after hammer, no posting in other threads.

Also Hiddenmovement still haven't heard from you.

I live

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_forever

Required reading

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##vote Mills

y not

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hi

I selll vidyo games for a living

I am currently trying to figure out how my pushbikes rear axle goes together

I post a lot in the footy thread

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

He's too insecure.

He's more of a silverbolt

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I have no idea of my role yet due to the lateness of my pm activation

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I think it would be a great shame to lose Grimlock from a transformers game so early

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Oh btw are we allowed to pm each other or does all communications have to be in this thread for all to see

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##unvote

## vote anidav

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

But if someone on town had a night kill, why let coq live long enough to use a night ability? Wouldnt you just take him out asap if you were sure he was scum?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hi

I have an ok ability but no idea how to use it effectively. I'm like a toddler with a handgun in that I'll probably just wind up shooting myself.

I think Coq is probably guilty of something on the grounds he talks way too much when it isn't necessary for him to do so. Anidav had a reason to get defensive (he's captain insecure and everyone dogpiled him). Coq just got all chatty.

I hammered Anidav at the last minute yesterday because someone said it needed 11 votes and he was sitting there with 10 with 1 minute to go so I thought it would be kinda funny.

Everyone else is either playing a good double bluff and I can't see the clues, or they aren't posting at all so there's no real info for me to go on.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm essentially just looking to last in this as long as possible to get a feel for things. I don't think I'm going to be particularly productive.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Gwynplaine posted:

Given how incredibly quiet they are and how they're not voting, do we have anything to lose in lynching bbq?

Rightly or wrongly, I'm not suspicious of Bif at all.

I'm not sure if mr bbq would even notice if he was lynched

EDIT: Wait, so if I was scum and I said nothing, I could fly under the radar and just knife people willy nilly at night. But to be a townie requires more active participation because many of the roles require you to protect/investigate people which requires engagement in conversation, so to not do so makes you a bad townie. Is this correct?

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 18, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I think that the town tore itself apart and the scum just sat back and watched

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Wait I'm reading the rules and I don't see how a player is able to reveal information, do they do it upon death or something?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

black_tangled posted:

There are a lot of roles and ones like watcher or cop show *certain* information which is often obscured in some way by other rules. Basically you are often really limited in the kind of info you get when you perform an investigation. For example tracker would watch a player and know if they performed a night action on someone else. But that may or may not form a complete picture, depending on what else happens that night.

If Coq is not scum, then it's valid, and revealing more will just show scum more about his role, so probably not worth doing.

Yes I get that part. But a scum player may claim that he has this information in order to prevent being killed, yes?

Aren't these roles fairly rare? Limited to one or two players in a game of this size? So if someone claims this, can't we look at the total player pool and guess that there is x chance they have this role and therefore x chance he is telling the truth?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Maybe he's also brand spanking new at mafia and doesn't know it's a poor play

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hi everyone sorry about yesterday, I was super busy and didnt even get a night action in

##vote dj-bbq

gently caress I FORGOT SORRY it was just to bold the damned post

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 19, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##vote dj-bbq

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##vote dj-bbq

:facepalm:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I think that the three votes going his way will already force him to make some sort of a claim, it's kind of moot point isn't it?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

ok i have some free time for the next half hour, ill do a rundown of his decision making

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm fairly sure Milky aint scum based on the way he tried very hard to dissuade Bifauxen from murdering everyone on her own team. If he was scum he would have just shut up.

On the other hand I'm now suss as hell on Gwynpaine

And Dj-BBQ

Mostly Gwynpaine

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Man I nearly hit the edit button again

Also small keating said this somewhere in the mists of time:

quote:

Last minute hammer votes from hidden movement and WFD looking mighty sketch.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

black_tangled posted:

I've been thinking he was town because of the earlier claim about trying to night action Tirade which Tirade backed up. But what do we really know? As for being helpful, he's been pretty cryptic a lot of the time. It *could* be a strategy for cloaking his true views from scum, or it could just be "pretending to be helpful".

He says he has a rare and powerful role for town.

Then there is this:

Followed by:

Really Milky? Smart player like you wants to bet that these guys are the scum masterminds? Is this helpful town play or are you going solo, mission-ing some secret strategy? No one has made a good case on bbq despite his name coming up over and over, and it seems super safe scum play to just keep bringing that up.

We are just going around and around, picking silent players, backing down at the last minute, destroying ourselves, while scum runs pretty rampant. If TOML hadn't been revived, town would have been quite screwed.

So we can't make too many assumptions and continue working off lazy logic. All players (except toml) should be open for inspection.

Tirade- what's your deal? Your posting history looks like SKs.
Milky - anything you'd like to share?

From what I can see you are both avoiding suspicion because you are backing each other up. Is it just me or is that kinda crazy?

Ok but why would Milky be so animated about Bifauxens bomb move? Was it because once she made that play, she had no moves left to undo/redirect it and so he could make a lot of noise without hurting a scum position? It just seems really dumb to talk Bifauxen out of killing TOML when he wouldve known TOML was town if he were scum.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Yes I get that, but as scum it would not be worth backing up a town player position if your animated protestations meant that Bifauxen chose not to blow up TOML, whom Milky would have known to be town if he was indeed scum. That would mean throwing away the chance to get a free kill on a town player just to play a chancy long game.

UNLESS he knew full well that once Bifauxen called out the bomb move the die was cast and nothing could be done to change the situation. Then he could safely back up his position as a scum player by yelling at Bifauxen with no risk of it costing him anything.

Now I don't know the rules very well, but it strikes me that if Bifauxen cannot make a another play (cancel the bomb, direct the bomb to another player) then Milky is probably scum. If she CAN make a change post bomb play, Milky is almost certainly town.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##unvote

##vote Gwynplaine

TOML, that's exactly what I was getting at before. I was asking how the bomb worked, and whether or not a player could withdraw or alter the bomb threat once it was made.

If it were possible, Milky is town

If it werent possible, Milky is scum

Now that I know bifauxen could alter her bomb command once it was made, I'm 95% sure he's town

And seeing as Gwynplaine has been fighting with Milky from day 1 and sounds kinda wishy washy in regards to why we should/shouldn't lynch I'm voting Gwynplaine

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Gwynplaine posted:

I don't know that one more would finish us, but if we have another bloodbath like night two, things sure as slag ain't gonna be looking good for us.

There's been quite a lot of vanilla from memory. Probably not a bad move considering there's some inexperienced player here. Can you imagine how bad it would be if I was a viglante? Or a busdriver?

We need a better suspect than me.

Dinobot player spotted

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

Also, are people really aren't getting how a draw in that thunderdome could have been the best possible result for town?

If TOML was scum and Bif were town, you'd want a draw to ensure that TOML dies and Bif (town) can still use her bomb to pick off another possible scum before they night kill her to stop it.

But, in an absurd twist, the town thunderdomed itself like some sort of surreal performance art.

No I think most of us understand what you were trying to do, I was merely stating that because you were trying to do it and it really would have been an overwhelming good for the town, you must be town.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Another point:

Asphyxious may have just randomized the draw, but I doubt he would put two clueless noobs on the same team. If they both wound up on scum that would make for a lovely game. There are 2 clueless noobs, both by our own admission: Me and Gwyn.

I've had a number of known scummers call for my head, or at least actively cast aspersions in my direction, earlier in the game. Odds are I'm the town noob. Which means Gwyn is scum.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

This white hot pile of inane posts sure has distracted us from scum hunting

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The reason we are seeing the particular transformers we are seeing is because they are the ones that feature in high moons G1 based transformers games. Bruticus and the combaticons feature in the second one. It probably doesnt have much to do with transformers lore and more to do with which characters were available for use.

Having said that, the big fella is probably just Onslaught. Asphyxious may have left Swindle off the table entirely because he obviously has a soft spot for him.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Why did I reply to another Gwyn white noise post

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm glad you're concerned about scum hunting today when you didn't even bother to post or vote yesterday when it was town on town.

It could be, just maybeeeeeeee, that I too have a life, and yesterday it called

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Ok, so I've read through all that and though I'm super wary of doing it, the more experienced players are calling for it including a confirmed town in TOML, so:

I am Ratchet, I am the doctor. I used my move on TOML last night because I thought it was better to just do what more experienced players suggested than my own fly by my arse instinct (although I had a feeling milky was cooked once that was said).

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##vote Gwynplaine

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Oh I didn't see him actually admit it making my roleclaim totally moot.

Tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Lets see night 1 I tried to protect myself but it turned out I couldn't
Night 2 Bifauxen
Night 3 I managed to miss the whole day entirely due to being out and my phone dying
Night 4 Toml

And I could swear I tried to protect Milky at one point but I don't see where I had done that. I probably would have protected him night 3 when he wasnt targetted anyway, so the total waste of a night activity on night 3 wouldn't have been helpful anyway.

• Locked thread