Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I'm am in. I guess I'll have to do what you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Gentlemen.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

there are women in here too mate

Them too.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Something about this seems fishy, but I'm too stupid to put the pieces together. I think Mills is up to something.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Anidav's and Mill's earlier posting could all be an elaborate faux conflict. For all we know, they're on the same side, which might explain Mill's suddenly changing his vote as we approached hammertime. It could be a double bluff on both of their parts.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

90 minutes can be a long time. Nobody panic.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If we string up Anidav and they are scum, I'm still convinced Mills should probably be next. If we do that, that will be two scum in two days. Minus whoever gets night killed. Which I am suspecting at this stage, will be me.

If Anidav is innocent we can definitely string up Coq the next day. A guaranteed scum lynch in two days of play seems like a good deal.

Either vote will be productive in my opinion. Probably going to flip a coin, personally.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Gaspy got all the brains.

## vote Anidav

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Mills posted:

I think lynching Anidav will be a mistake.

Naturally.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Mills posted:

I honestly hope Gwyn flips scum down the line and it was a big joke post.

Sorry dude. Just thick.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Anidav posted:

Splode is just fishing at this point. Please calm down.

Also Mills usually starts off by voting for someone first thing when the game opens because it's the strongest method of getting a reaction immediately. It's a good town move, a surprise attack; even.

You two are certainly looking out for eachother.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Anidav posted:

I'm just familiar with what he does, are you?

Not really. So it'll look really bad if I'm right, but I think it's safe to say I'm not. It's day one and this beats a coin toss.

erm. even though that's why how I picked between you and coq.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tirade posted:

Quiet players - hiddenmovement, gwynplaine, dj-bbq - speak up. What are your thoughts about yesterday? Who are you suss on?

I think given how worthless my insight proved, I'm much better off just watching a little longer.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

Aw, no don't be put off by people being jerks, get involved :)

It's not being a jerk if someones absolutely right. I'll be involved, but I need to be less eager.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Part of the problem is that even when I suspect something, I can't find the words to explain it. Something neglected to mention is that my suspicion of MIlls was based on the idea that his actions were some sort of elaborate triple bluff.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tirade posted:

Also rule #1 of mafia, beyond any tips about how to be a good townie etc, is don't take mafia seriously or personally. Which, incidentally, anidav clearly hasn't learned yet.

I take it personally when the sidewalk has the unmitigated gall to trip me up. Games like this are helping immensely with that.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I should mention well in advance: I'm working a night job, but its going to be a short shift with either no break or assuming there is one, I'm probably going to have to work through it. If we have any revelations in the last hour or so before hammertime, I probably wont be able to act upon them and will have to vote early.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Given how incredibly quiet they are and how they're not voting, do we have anything to lose in lynching bbq?

Rightly or wrongly, I'm not suspicious of Bif at all.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

Considering the last Auspolformers game that is a very dangerous position. I don't necessarily think Bif is scum either but I'm still suspicious.

Yeah, it was much easier to get a feel of things when I wasn't caught up in it myself. Once you're actually in the cave, your compass starts spinning, I guess.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Coq says his information, if revealed will only benefit scum. I realise I am both a new player and not a great thinker but I can't think of what that information could be, nor how much of a difference it could make given that we have no real edge or leads on the scum anyways.

The revealing of information, and how people react to it will move things forward, might even turn something up.

If it might stop him getting lynched, it'd be worth a shot, right?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah it's literally some of the same stuff Gaspy posted in his flavour text this morning. Picked too popular target last night, etc etc.

I'm really sorry, but I genuinely don't understand. If it's just me who still finds this too cryptic I will absolutely drop this.
I don't actually particularly suspect coq.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If we eliminate coq from the lynch list, who would our next best option be?

Some people are still too quiet. If they're note voting and not actually helping us with theories, we really may as well take a chance on them.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

dj-bbq's post levels are so low that I can't believe any scum would do that.

Maybe that's what they have in mind.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

dj-bbq posted:

I still haven't figured out the :justpost: strategy yet

Every previous game I've played I've been in a faction with a group document to talk in, now I'm all alone

Well, I'm the only person whose vocalised any real suspicion. So it's not like you're going to be lynched. Even with that in mind, if I get nightkilled that will hardly implicate you either as no one would think someone would be foolish enough to nightkill their only detractor.

Which as actually quite comforting, as that puts absolutely no value in me being killed. Between my wild theories and inexperience I'm probably more good to them alive. Honestly, I'm worried for bif and fs.

I hope coq survives another night honestly. See where that goes.

I have a sinking feeling I have out done myself in terms of stupid posts.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Barbecue's behind it all!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Or combaticons, even.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Reminding people that coq was the towns prime suspect when the town has an unusually high newbie count might actually be a pro-coq point.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Off to work with me.
No one is safe. The safe shall die.

##vote dj-bbq

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Barbecue's behind it all!

vote dj-bbq

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

dj-bbq posted:

You tried this yesterday

True. It didn't work, though.

Then more died

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I'm too dumb to know what to actually look for. But barbecue is too quiet. Now I realise they're known for this but they keep on springing up only when directly challenged and offering little in the way of insight or scumhunting.

I'm not offering much either, but bbq's meant to be an experienced player.

For all I know they're a roleblocker and just quiet and stoic and good at their job.

I'm just not sure what else to go with.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

We've swung and missed twice with our lynching is there any one person who made compelling arguments towards both lynchings?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Given how often people have said I'm either doing a brilliant imitation of being a hopeless newb and am actually scum OR that I'm actually the worst player ever, I actually kinda wish I was scum at this point.

Fact is, I am just that bad.

Now, I realise that is probably a hugely scummy thing to say. I wouldn't know.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

kinda paranoid?! That's a very munificent diagnosis! Thanks.
I hope for everyone's sake that I never end up as a vigilante in one of these games.

But yeah. You're bang on. I want to contribute, or even help. But I am wicked outta my depth. Still having a ball though.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

The set up against toml reminds me too much of the last two lynching we had.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If bif and beet were scum in cahoots this would be a pretty good smokescreen.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If they're scum I don't think they're trying to throw eachother under a bus. I think they're hoping to lead us to a confused town that votes for no one. No lynching. More night kills.

It seems like an obvious thing to mention, but for people who have been useful and had good theories about multiple people. It seems weird that they haven't been killed. If they're not scum, then we may need to consider anyone they haven't suspected.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

It's not weird that they haven't been killed. If they're suspected people who are scum, and get killed, then it becomes another argument against those suspects..

I think they've been suspicious of enough people that they're death wouldn't mark any one person.

Milky Moor posted:

I don't know why, but this sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

In what way?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

This whole situation.

##vote Those On My Left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tirade posted:

Least scum: Milky Moor, TOML, Beet, probably Splode, probably FS
Most scum: bif, gwynplaine, probably SK, probably dj-bbq.
Unsure: black_tangled, hiddenmovement

Suspecting me of scum at this point can't help your credibility.

• Locked thread