Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Gaspy hasn't confirmed poo poo in this thread. It's a loving scam. Vote bif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Wrong.

He wouldnt' confirm a cop's claim or a doctors claim would he?

Of course not. I meant that whole "answer my PM, gaspy" crap. Complete hail mary and a good one too, but I'm not moving.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
:v

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
:v:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

So, are we still suss on DJ?

I also think we need to look at the silent players because I'd bet they're content to let us kill each other at this point.

DJ and Gwyn are at the top of my list.

I'm up for either. Besides the fact that I was dead wrong on Bif (sorry Bif!) I went over toml's megapost and my scumlist and can't find much wrong with it.

Unfortunately it was a town vs town showdown so apart from Gwyn's multiple scummy posts I didn't get much out of last night's clusterfuck, but he was high on my list anyway.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

dj-bbq posted:

Well, sorry about my doubt in you TOML.

This is correct. I don't know if Gwynplaine knows for sure, or just guessed. I was thinking it might have been a hint to me, hence me thinking they're town, but whatever.

If you're role claiming, list exactly who you've targeted each night so that we can confirm or otherwise.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
While you're at it, the reasons for choosing each night's target.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Is this still wise? Are we at the point yet where we should be forcing roleclaims?

I took his post above to be an explicit roleclaim. Verifying it would help us piece together what's happened the past few nights, or alternatively catch him in a lie.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
How many votes do we need to lynch?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

If you're role claiming, list exactly who you've targeted each night so that we can confirm or otherwise.

Given that bbq isn't answering this, what's everyone else's view on pressing him for this info? Good idea, bad idea, or no idea?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

Oh yeah, sorry. Missed that.

Yeah I think both me and bbq are clear.

Honestly, no one really noticed SK much during this game. We need to stop looking for obvious scum and think whose been quiet. Maybe manipulative.

:facepalm:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Unrelated to scum hunting but

Asphyxious posted:

Blast Off: "Those plebs down there don't even know what living is. They're all scurrying about like ants, eating cyber-weeds off the sidewalk and making waste deposits in the g-"

Gaspy your flavour text has been top notch again.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

Tirade- what's your deal? Your posting history looks like SKs.

Genuinely curious about this claim - in what way has my posting history been like SKs?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

I wonder if anyone actually spotted that message?

He's poked his head out today to respond to being called out then nothing.

I'm here, just as always phone posting during business hours so not too chatty.

Toml is bang on with the secret message bizzo from yesterday. I'll give a proper account for it after work but the short version is that I was positive bif was scum and tried to be clever about milking it for additional info.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

Now that TOML has explained it it makes more sense. I initially thought people were supposed to genuinely pick up on it!

Yeah, message was supposed to stay hidden and a counter train started on toml. It made deliberately crap arguments against toml but hopefully seemed strong enough that some of bif's scum friends could jump on board. Then at 8:30 I post my pre-written dramatic reveal, bif the scum dies and we'd have a solid list of suspects for today. But then toml and bif did their power battles and bif flipped town so it was all for nothing :(

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

That was the only reason I voted TOML. I figured they were both innocent

Your one saving grace might be that you can't be getting advice from a scum doc and yet continue to post this badly.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Ok, I'm home. As a heads up I've got maybe an hour and a half of solid gold posting before I head out to dinner and a play with the gf. Let's get to scumhunting.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Ok Milks / TOML. You two are the only ones I trust 100% not to be scum.

Now, a post for the newbies.

There's a few things that you might not have picked up on. I'm going to assume that you aren't both scum, and so putting this info out in the open helps town - because scum can fill the newbie in on this in the scum doc.

1). There's probably 2 or 3 more scum left. Other option is two and a serial killer.
2). There's a lot of roles in this game. I've counted one vanilla town, one vanilla scum. It makes it harder for everyone, but particularly the newbies.
3). We still have a doctor out there. If it's one of the newbies, you need to keep your head down and keep TOML alive, since he's the one town we can all trust.

Anyone got anything else to add?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

gently caress this phone.

If you're town, you just told scum you're the nurse.

I can't believe somebody would be this bad at mafia, I think it's an act. " What me mafia?"

I'm about ready to cry. And I thought I was doing a good thing by spelling it out. Maybe I should have bolded the you need to keep your head down bit.

Or it could be an amazing ruse. I just don't know.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

hiddenmovement posted:

This white hot pile of inane posts sure has distracted us from scum hunting

Don't let me stop you, champ.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
toml, milky, what are your thoughts?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

I'm still digesting a few things.

What do people think of Beet's behaviour during the gladiator bout last night?

Haven't looked at it. I'll take a look now.

I'll post my updated scum / not scum picks in a sec.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Before that I'll add a few thoughts on dj-bbq.

All of us except for beet have voted for him at one stage.

D2: Splode, Gwynplaine, (FS), black_tangled, Tirade, (WFD).
D3: Tirade, (SK), Milky, Splode.
D4: TOML, MM, HM.

I'll be perfectly honest and say I'm not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be scum.

He's claimed roleblocker. Could well be true but even if it is it doesn't make him town. He's said he didn't use his night action on n1 and used it on toml night two, and will say who he blocked on night 3 if toml asks.

I'm kind of tempted to go for him anyway since at this stage it's highly unlikely he's our doc.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
From before:

quote:

Least scum: Milky Moor, TOML, Beet, probably Splode, probably FS
Most scum: bif, gwynplaine, probably SK, probably dj-bbq.
Unsure: black_tangled, hiddenmovement

Now:

Least scum: TOML, Milky Moor, probably Splode, probably Beet.
Scum or anidav in anidav's first game: gwynplaine
Unsure: black_tangled, dj-bbq, hiddenmovement.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

If it was based on soft spots gaspy wouldn't have put Skywarp in the last game.

*pushes you down stairs*

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Ok, I'm home. As a heads up I've got maybe an hour and a half of solid gold posting before I head out to dinner and a play with the gf. Let's get to scumhunting.

I wasn't kidding about this btw. The play starts at 8:30pm and I'll cop a bollocking if I'm loving around on my phone during it.

I'll vote for anyone on my "unsure" or worse list. For now as a placeholder I'm gonna ##vote dj-bbq

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Splode, how do you feel about beet?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I reckon that we've got enough power roles left that we probably have a lock on this game if we're smart, particularly now that scum lost their roleblocker.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

similar to TOML, he's sort of inscrutable.

He hasn't done anything that I've picked up on as suss, but when we're down to 6 players with one confirmed town, anyone who's still alive is obviously suspicious

I think the most suspicious thing about beet is a player of his quality is still alive, but so is TOML and milky only died last night, so that doesn't mean as much as it usually wood.

I've got my eye on him, but the weird slip ups and gambits from gwyn seem more suspicious for now, what do you think?

I don't know. I'm trying to think whether we've got enough to lay-down misere and figure out how to game out the rest of the days.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
As in we've got a doc, a known town, it's clear that I've got something that can help town a bit, my guess is that almost everyone else has a role as well. If there's only one or two scum left we could game theory a solution that would guarantee town win.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

I see what you're getting that but a plan that hinges on gwyn actually being the nurse and that not being a scum trick is inherently risky. Especially because if we actually come out and so "ok so you protect HM and you can do this" you've literally told the scum who's protected and who isn't.

Was it you that told the nurse to protect TOML last night? Because that probably sealed milky's fate.

Again, it really depends on what other roles are out there. If people don't think it's a good idea then that's fine. But I'm pretty sure gwyn and hidden have both made unsubtle roleclaims. If they or any of us have any useful information I reckon now's the time to speak up.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
And I stand by the choice to protect toml over milky.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Gonna wait for toml to weigh in on this, but I'm pretty sure we can almost guarantee the doc and toml to live through tonight. But that's not going to be great unless we lynch a scum today, because it will likely be 2v2 which is a scum lock unless there's some final hosed up power that can be used.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
TOML, give some thought to my mass roleclaim proposal. The more I think about it the more I like it. If I claim I can prove almost beyond doubt that I'm town. Assuming that there's two left, that means today's lynch is 50/50 whether we hit a scum or town. If others claim they could either prove themselves town as well, or gently caress up and be caught out in a lie.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
More importantly, if our doc claims and no-one else counterclaims, that makes it 67% chance of a correct lynch even before we get to look at post histories. If there is a counterclaim, one of them will be scum and we get the day to figure it out.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
One other thing I'll put out there: right now I've got nothing. I'm slightly more suss on the newbies than beet and splode but it's no sure thing. Someone has gotta have something that can either help them clear their name or else drat them in a lie.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

I have been dropping subtle hints (subtle for me, that is) as to my role in all this but slag is just a cybertronian swear.

I didn't wanna just out and out say who I am. I figure that's probably a stupid or scummy or both thing to do.

Go back and show where you dropped subtle hints to your role.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
That's a really poo poo excuse but whatever.

So we have confirmed town toml. We have a doc. We have my power which allowed milky and I to agree on a likely truce since d2. Going back over the night actions I'm almost certain we have one other role in play as well. If so, I'm almost certain we have a lock on this.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

Remind me how we know there's a cop?

Not cop, doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
A nurse died but no doctor. Unless I've missed that somewhere.

• Locked thread