Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm addicted. In please.

Wednesday and Friday morning are going to be busy for me. Lunch posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mills posted:

The best way to congratulate Anidav for his achievement in the last game is to turbo-lynch him D1 in this game.

I'm still bitter about my tragic demise last game so, /\ this.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm a nurse and protected mills last night.

:colbert:

waiiiiitt aa miinnniiittt

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Good morning, guys. I unfortunately had some real work to do for once! However, I have been thinking about who would actually be a decent choice for a D1 turbolynch.

We have a few unknown factors here from new posters, but it would be nice to see some actual input from them first, I think. So I'd be most in favor of lynching anyone who's just too quiet. Or on the other hand, possibly these two:

Anidav - I agree it would be a fitting full-circle tribute, to lynch him not for his annoying roleclaims confusing everyone, but to celebrate how dangerous and successful those claims have now become.

Mills - Purely for tradition's sake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I hope posting radical transformers gifs isn't considered flavour text posting. That would make me sad.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Why would celebrating the glory of our noble leader Optimus Prime be regarded as a negative thing, fellow Autobot?

Don't you start...

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Splode posted:

What does this mean?

isn't it obvious?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

But to the contrary, 49 is an Angel Number

Mills is Town.

An angel number you say! Sold.

##vote Anidav

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

I dunno, this is written in a way that infers an external perspective - that you are a separate entity to the town and pleading to them. It could be a subconscious slip. Also happy to admit I may be reading too much into it, it just twigged something for me.

Not another forensic linguist!! :)

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Hi! I'm the Cumburglar. I like posting about burgers (I don't know what a beetroot is!), posting in chat threads, and being a relaxed dude. I have fun playing with friends on the internet.

I'm happy to be here! :D

Also, your cum is not safe so just be aware of that.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Can you guys calm down and let me live :v:

Not after what you did.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I always wondered if teams were chosen randomly.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

you mean who are scum and who are town? they are.

i think last game though gaspy hand picked some roles for some people.

So Anidavs "I was scum last game" argument is bullshit... I see...

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

SKY_COQ, while I do appreciate your hospitality, I can't help but notice your lack of desire to find alternatives yourself.

And what of your alternatives?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Mills is posting as usual and is probably town but I would love some pity from him for once.

I was joke voting to begin with but stuck with it when the ball got rolling to see what poo poo got stirred. Then you were dropping hints about being able to fly and generally having a mini meltdown so still seems like as good a vote as any.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Huh, so where's that good posting you did last game? You seem very :shrug: for a town.

This is deeply ironic when compared to

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

Which is it? Effort post D1 or enjoy the jokes and go along for the ride?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

With a timed day what happens if without a hammer - do we just forfeit our coin flip lynch?

Yep.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

This whole thing has been manufactured by Anidav which is super shady IMO

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Did you just do an Anidav unironically?

Now even you are coining it. Gold.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

So I guess it's between Sky Coq and Anidav. Well, I think I've gotta vote for the guy who posted

and then subsequently went on to make 16 more posts

##vote Anidav

Yes.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (8): Anidav, Anidav, Mills, Small Keating, Anidav, Bifauxnen, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Milky Moor, Splode, Mithranderp
Anidav (7): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Anidav, Splode, Anidav, Mills, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Mithranderp, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, SKY COQ
Mills (1): hiddenmovement

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 57 minutes.

We are going to need either some unvotes or some people to show up.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Oh btw are we allowed to pm each other or does all communications have to be in this thread for all to see

Mills is that a new contender for best newbie post?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mills posted:

Nope. Simple rules misunderstanding.

You are no fun.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

If anyone was on the fence, here is a quick best of Anidav from today:

Anidav posted:

SCUM HERE
##vote SKY COQ

this was the basis of initial vote for sky coq

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

kinda seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black

Anidav posted:

Day 1 is full of jokes and white noise and I thought my angel numbers post was pretty funny. I'd be worried about Auspol if Day 1 wasn't full of poo poo.

lol its all jokes

Anidav posted:

Looks like Gaspy's mafia games are cursed.

##vote Anidav

This will be the second Transformers Mafia where you guys have done this. It is a bad move.

self vote, very town

Anidav posted:

Joke killing me is anti-town a death that will mean nothing. For one, yeah I know you guys from the last game have a loose voting finger to vote for me where you failed to do so before but do you really thing Gaspy would make it that easy for you? To make me scum twice in a row? Realistically, it isn't the case.

Look elsewhere or make a bad day one move. the choice is yours.

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

GUYZ I AM SUPER IMPORTANT

-Last post of the day-

No, no it wasn't.

Anidav posted:

Gaspy's games have traditionally handpicked roles.

Erm... k?

Anidav posted:

Speaking of nightkilling, Can I get a protector so I can fly?

HALP ME, I really have a great role I promise

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

anyone else

well yeah exactly. they're both equally appealing and unappealing targets.

do you think one is worse off? would you risk coq as a town and be stuck with anidav as a town? or vice a versa?

7 miuntes.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Oh poo poo, two watchers.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Splode posted:

I'm also concerned by whats for dinner and hidden movement charging in with the hammer when it looked like people were going to switch for Coq and change the lynch in the last minute.

Yep good point.

Milky I don't get what you mean by protecting Tirade?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

so Coq's looking way better for a lynch mob now, but I'd like to look at this as well:

looking forward to hearing this soon. it better be good, when you were absent for hours to finally swoop in and conveniently make that decision only 3 minutes before hammer, right before I could switch to Coq.

I'm offline until 12, looking forward to this.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

If I had to guess on the no-result from Milky's supposed night action, it would be that Tirade was voting Matthew Beet last night /\. Maybe someone thought Beet was scum and was going to target Tirade. That person protects Tirade creating the no result.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

I think given how worthless my insight proved, I'm much better off just watching a little longer.

Aw, no don't be put off by people being jerks, get involved :)

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen- Seems to be trying to post helpfully, TOML is suspicious. Just posted a bit of a look how town I am post :/
dj-bbq- Unknown, new player. 4 posts so far, just chat.
Freudian Slip - Contributing to discussion.
Gwynplaine - New player, was harshly put down by Mills. Probably killed Mills for revenge. (jokes)
hiddenmovement - Hammered anidav at the last minute.
Kat Delacour - Unknown, other seem happy to have her playing again.
Matthew Beet - This guy kills me, can't get a read. Drove the vote on SkyCOQ so interested to see how that plays out.
Milky Moor - Tried to run a play on Tirade with no result. Despite poor form role claiming so early, I think he is town. Consistent play from last match so far.
MysticalMachineGun - got nothing on this player.
Old Dirty Cumburgs - Doesn't know what beetroot is. Was on the skycoq train yesterday.
SKY COQ - Definitely sus plays yesterday. Now role claiming saying he gathered information.
Small Keating - Mini effort post today, a bit out of character.
Splode - Shimmying things along, low content high volume.
Those On My Left - Good effort posting. Personally I think going after Mills as SkyCOQ is a bit obvious.
Tirade - Milky presumably thought he was scum and tried to kill him. I think someone else thought he would be targeted. I think that play would be a bit obvious as well.
whats for dinner - I thought he made a good post on voting anidav. He is now pushing for coq and maybe tirade if I am reading that right.

Bold ones are best suspects IMO mostly due to not knowing more about them.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

My above post assumes that we didn't get two trackers or watchers.

The fact that two out of three townies had roles, and there has been two more claims on d2, makes me think this game has a high proportion of roles.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Wait I'm reading the rules and I don't see how a player is able to reveal information, do they do it upon death or something?

There are a lot of roles and ones like watcher or cop show *certain* information which is often obscured in some way by other rules. Basically you are often really limited in the kind of info you get when you perform an investigation. For example tracker would watch a player and know if they performed a night action on someone else. But that may or may not form a complete picture, depending on what else happens that night.

If Coq is not scum, then it's valid, and revealing more will just show scum more about his role, so probably not worth doing.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

tl;dr - since I've pretty much already roleclaimed, I'm a wasted lynch as I'll probably be nightkilled. Focus on other suspects, and I'll give you info when I get it.

Not necessarily.

Scum may not target you- because you've been top of the hit list for a while, the longer you are in the game the more they can keep that flame alive, plus if people believe your role claim it's possible you will attract protection which might scupper an attack.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Here's my take on yesterday.

Up until the end I was not convinced that either anidav or coq were scum, and I'm still not too suss on coq.

The buildup was way too fast on anidav, and then the votes switched way too easily to coq. It's hard to avoid throwing a scum under the bus on d1 if there's no other alternative (rip me last game). But Anidav's massive flameout, yet again, meant that it would have been easy enough holding a vote on him on the grounds of him being a poo poo townie. Instead we saw coq get brought from nowhere right up to one or two votes from being hammered in what, half an hour? Unless we had almost all town convinced that coq was the better vote, it means at least some scum flipped off anidav the townie to coq the scum, which is incredibly risky when lynching Anidav was easy enough to do.

My guess is that half an hour from hammer, scum couldn't have believed their luck. It was lynch anidav, lynch coq, or lynch no-one and have the same shitfight over again on d2.

The only thing that throws this theory into doubt is the quiet people piling on to anidav at the end, which is why I've asked them to get more vocal.

This is why I'm not voting for Coq. Seems to play straight into scum hands. Plus I can believe he was just being stupid. ;)

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm out for dinner for the next couple hours, getting a vote in now in case I can't later.

I had a read through What's For Dinner and although there is nothing amazing standing out to me, it seems he's our best bet for a lynch today, and I think coq is being genuine about his role.

##vote whats for dinner

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##vote whats for dinner

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Alright, I'm back. I'm going to read over these votes for FS.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe you should try stating what your own picks have been during the day instead, or explaining the WFD case better if that's really your favorite one. I suppose I'll leave my vote where it is.

I admit a bit of lazy voting due to wanting to get something in in case I couldn't do more tonight. Low posters (see my earlier post with list of thoughts on each player) was where it was for me. I felt bad for picking on newbies so I thought TOML's argument made sense- WFD is experienced enough to play better. Perhaps that isn't great logic but I am having real trouble picking any standouts in this game and so far all my gut is telling me is it's not coq.

I think two mafia teams makes sense and is a more simple answer to the two night kills question than those floated so far. Mills makes sense as a scum target, and Mith doesn't make sense for a vigilante. (I think FS said this)

Working through FS posts, seems very much in character from last game.

I also think this is really relevant

Freudian Slip posted:

I do find it interesting that some of the quietest players have also come out to bandwagon this post.

I'm going to have another read through to see if anyone else presents.

• Locked thread