Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
My save file was permanently stuck on this stage. Not because I tried to brute force the pirates, oh no, because I won that battle.

That damned Arena. And a whole slew of levels I wasn't willing to accept. So many +1 and only one stat, and nobody even near their caps? Hell no, that's a loving restart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

So assuming archers were actually worth a drat in FE7, is Rath the only one that'll shape up decently? Out of the early-game archers, I've heard that Rebecca gains a lot of speed and luck, but Wil gains more power in the long-run of things.

To clarify I am basically asking who the best archer is.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

Melth posted:

I went over my analysis of Wil, Rebecca, and Rath as the characters were introduced, but I'll summarize some of the relevant bits again now (and I'll add in Louise even though we haven't gotten there):
That's a lot of words about it, but it handily tells me everything I wanted to know, so thanks a lot. I figured Rath would come out on top, but he joins so late in any story it's a little tough to really get use out of him. I'm replaying the game and brand new to hard modes, so I've been trying to decide which one is worth training since I'm not playing with anywhere near the same limitations you're going through for max rank, and I feel like I'm going to need the extra ranged-attack firepower they can bring. I always seem to get extremely unlucky with Erk and he ends up way below average, to the point where any of the archers perform better (but obviously without the 1~2 range).

I'll probably go with Rebecca unless Wil ends up really good by the time I finish Lyn-mode. I may end up not using any of them at all, but it's all at the whim of RNG gains!

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

Geez, what a tedious-looking battle. It's probably a lot easier without restricting yourself to getting Max Rank, but even still it looks like a nightmare.

I never liked the differentiation between water-terrain types. It makes Dart so much less useful since Pirate bonus doesn't apply to Lake tiles for some reason. They should get that bonus on all types of water tiles.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

Masterfully done, meticulously explained, and a fair approach to the challenge (that is to say, the whole bit about not relying on RNG and changing-up a strategy if something went wrong). I've not completed this once, because I keep dicking around reloading files in vain hopes of better stat-gains. I can't bear to see any of the characters get such awful level ups that even when everything else is going well, whoops, someone gained an empty level or a +1 Skill level. This game taught me that I hate RNG-based level ups.

This was a great read, and if you happen to do anything else...well, I'll be on the lookout, especially if you go this in-depth on something else.

• Locked thread