Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Melth posted:

You may not like the way Funds ranking makes you play, but the game would be trivially easy without it.

Nah dog. Plain ol' HHM is a decent enough challenge for anyone.

Plus, the real reason Funds ranking is stupid is because it penalizes you for promoting characters.

Also, the 0 turn requirement chapters in Hector Mode are due to a glitch, which means by proxy Tactics ranking is also stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Well, according to Serenes Forest, 5 star ranking the last 2 chapters of the game require getting 3500 exp (in normal) or 3000 exp (in hard) within 10 turns.
So technically 5 star ranking exp is a bit easier in Hard than Normal, not mention easier in Hector mode since he gets several 0 requirement chapters where you can really crank up the EXP (which I'm assuming is much harder to make up than shaving off turn counts).

...but yeah, that's a shitload of EXP for the final chapters. Even on Hard you need to get the equivalent of 3 full levels PER TURN. I don't really see how that's feasible in Eliwood's mode without going into the final chapter(s) with a raging surplus.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 10, 2015

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Salt water being easier to float in?

But then again, the waves and currents still should make swimming in the ocean much harder.
Unless pirates/corsairs have a secret way of turning the currents their way to make sea travel faster (much like mages being able to magically move sand from their feet in deserts)?

Or maybe pirates are meant to actually WALK on water like in their battle animations and the waves help them go faster?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

I don't know, Hard5 mode in Shadow Dragon gave me a lot more appreciation for Jeigan...though even there he's STILL not even worth using after 3-4 battles or so.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Well, that's just perfect.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Great job on the final battle, although I'd like to point out that there IS a chance of the Fire Dragon having 20 Str in HHM, meaning he does 40 damage, meaning he oneshots Athos (without an Angelic Robe).

It happened to me on my first and only (so far) HHM run, and certainly stifled my strategy since I ended up with a very slow Hector :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Melth posted:

Y’know, the closest Roy has to a canonical parentage is being ½ greatest knight in all of Lycia (and ¼ his even stronger father), ¼ dragon, and ¼ second greatest dark wizard who ever lived. It’s too bad he takes after his lame grandma Eleanora.

Roy's grandpa is Canas?!!! :monocle:

Anyway, fantastic work.

I didn't really mind all the words. It's always nice to see more discussion about FE7.

Even if I didn't always agree with your opinions or assessments, you're 100% right that FE7 is by far the best FE and one of the best games ever.

• Locked thread