Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
Aion seems to know about Kishuna, though. It's a tad implausible that Marquess Araphen would know of him unless Marquess Araphen was working for the Black Fang the entire time, and even then, he was for the most part away from any of the locations Kishuna appears in anyways. It doesn't matter at the end of the day I guess, but it would be pretty cool if it were true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Worthleast posted:

Because I hate myself I've dug out my old FE7 and am attempting an Archers/Lords only run. It's miserable even on Eliwood Easy.

That's...precisely the kind of playthrough on my cartridge too. Sweet, I'm not the only one who's crazy! (I had this weird obsession with mono-class playthroughs back in the day)

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Ragefest competitions? I'm not at all familiar with the Serenes forums.

Those were contests to create really really hard FE maps. Like, imagine an SRPG version of Kaizo Mario World. Needless to say, quality varies heavily, but we got some really nice ones.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Melth posted:

This really is an FE4 shout-out. Look at how many Cavaliers there are! Now all we're missing is the surprise Wyvern floods.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Zore posted:

I also don't see how people are lumping in arena use with any of the other poo poo they're mentioning. Its a deliberately placed mechanic and completely intended by the developers. Its been a thing in many Fire Emblem games, especially FE4.

Just because it is really good and useful doesn't make it a 'glitch' or 'cheating' :psyduck:

This is true, but for some players FE is a game where everything is limited. Your characters, your weapons, even the amount of EXP you can get, so even though FE1 had an Arena, using it negates the challenge of managing EXP for those players. In FE4 the number of Arena fights is limited to 7 per character per chapter, and in FE8 too much encounter abuse leads to the player having a lot less items available unless they get lucky with item drops. Or use another glitch. The good news is you can beat any game without going to the Arena or optional encounters at all, so the choice is all up to whoever's playing.

• Locked thread