Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

512x386 is x2 the native resolution of the game boy advance. 543x399 is something that you shouldn't be doing as it's not an integer multiple and thus looks like blurry rear end. Speaking of blurry rear end, GBA games don't have the resolution or color depth for .jpgs. .png is much crisper and a must for a sprite-based game like this.

Examples!

VBA can record itself losslessly if you need a recording. Not like lossless GBA video should be that large anyway.

Follow this advice.
As the images are they are quite an eyesore. Also use nearest neighbor resizing, never anything else.

But jesus that's a lot of text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Level 14 and already at 15/15 str/speed?
Gatdam. It's like he's a FE8 character.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You could just use lpix.org/sslptest then share the link.
Otherwise you can mirror it on your forum of choice.

Failing that tell them to pony up :10bux:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

You may not like the way Funds ranking makes you play, but the game would be trivially easy without it.

Some of us aren't tactical FE savants :colbert:.

Especially since I play FE like a gambler, just rolling those to-hit dice.

What I'm saying is FE hard mode is hard for me.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 21, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

I think I might have tried that with my first version of the table of contents. That's what ended up only linking to the top of the page instead of to the actual chapter post. But possibly I just don't understand what you mean, can you give an example?

Click on the Link that is on the quoted user's name.

Melth posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=441877689#post441877689
Link to your latest update ^
Same as clicking your username in this quote

Quote your update, preview, copy link on your name and blammo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Prism posted:

I don't either. It's dumb as hell.

I appreciate your dedication to actually trying a new strategy after a random crit rather than just doing the same thing again and hoping there's no crit this time.

There are ingame ways of manipulating the RNG. It involves 90 degree turns in unit moves.
So Malth could've just done the same thing with a bit more RNG randomizing moves and not got a crit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to upload batches of screenshots to lpix.org at once?

Tech support thread it's in the OP, in short get Rightload with the Lpix plugin.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

vilkacis posted:

Tempted to emptyquote.

But yeah, we could definitely do with more non-swordie lords. Hell, even if they are awful, a bow lord could be kind of interesting since you'd have to find a use for them instead of permabenching them like you would any other archer :v:

...I wonder if people would like Hector as much if he came with bows instead of axes...

If he retained his amazing growths and got another weapon out of the plot-promotion then by all means yes.
I'd imagine he'd gain axes, he'd be like a reverse Fighter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr Pepper posted:

Hahahah you're right.

Let's compare an Iron Bow to the other ranged weapons.

An Iron Bow costs 540 gold for 45 uses.

A Hand Axe 300 for 20 uses.

A Javelin costs 400 for 20 uses.

Let's divide this to cost per attack.

Iron Bow: 12 gold per attack

Hand Axe: 15 gold per attack

Javelin: 20 gold per attack

But is a bow even going to be used 45 times?
In fact I think archers are the only class that you can just give a better-than-steel weapon and just forget about it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

About Ephidel, there was a fanhack that tried to deal with what would happen if he did survive, horribly maimed, burnt and even more insane and unstable. It was covered in the FE megathread and iirc it was a pretty good hack.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

IF there is one thing I hate and like about Awakening it's the Art.

Pegasus Knight Minerva.
Hah.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr Pepper posted:

If a Swordmaster has a Wo Dao I never let it attack pretty much. Always snipe that thing.

Or park a unit with Defense and laugh at the 3 damage crit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

13 is an abomination.

Elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:stare: