Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
This actually looks pretty interesting! I've never even managed to 5 star speed rankings in Lyn mode since I love taking my time waaayyyy too much.

Looking at the story and the rise and fall of dark magic was pretty interesting. I think you were too harsh on Lyn for killing that guy in Chapter 9 since at that point they had to get to her grandfather fast before he was poisoned to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
I generally found that in the GBA games defense honestly doesn't matter after a while since the way True Hit and the Dodge formula work out turn mages, myrmidons an other squishes into perma dodge tanks that can never get hit. I'm guessing enemies in Hard mode have quite a bit more skill though

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
I'm guessing the Fang's reputation probably has to do with them killing off people who were worse in the past.

And chiming in on the rescue chain love; I should've spotted it coming, but didn't and it was glorious. Reminded me of that one chicken/peasant rail gun in DnD. But out of curiosity, why didn't you use the Chest Keys bought earlier?

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
I think the the main effort to make bow actually worth a drat came in TearRing Saga, which was made by the creator of Fire Emblem after he left the company.

There were crazy bow that could do 5 attacks at once and other crazy poo poo. It even had a Bow Lord!

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
Regarding your comments about Pent I always got the impression he was super unpopular in court given his "loving off to other countries at the drop of a hat while being a top military general" but he's the magical combination of

A) being born into an ancient and prestigious noble family
B) honestly be that damned good

that no one can really do anything to him short of assassination, which wouldn't work since he'd just toast the assassins.

Though the entire drama around him marrying Louise never rang that true since you can have Eliwood and Hector marry random mercenaries or in Eliwood's case some random street dancer (as far as anyone else is concerned). Maybe Euturia is more uptight about that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
I just wanted to say that I'm kinda surprised/relieved at the hate Awakening's story/characters are getting. While I enjoyed the game, I thought gameplay and story wise it absolutely tanked the moment Valm popped up and vaguely remember stating this in the LP that occurred and being told I was being stupid/overacting. It kinda seems like opinion has changed on Awakening now?

Also Lute's color scheme in 8 is great, what'cu talking about?

• Locked thread