Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

...Nope...darn it! Turns out you need 33,000G in order to get the White Gem! Why does FE7 have to be so annoying about this?! It may be a good game, but it's got SO many weird quirks :sigh: ... So, it seems that Angelic Robe + Energy Ring is the way to go. Because even if it is possible to use the Knight's Crest, it seems like the required Funds are just too strict.

Serenes Forest lists these requirements
White Gem Requirement: 33,000
LHM S Rank Funds: 35,008 (80% of the sum of the table)

Repeated and summarized on a GameFAQs thread too.
Essentially, it's possible to get the White Gem without actually S Ranking Lyn Hard Mode.

The example earlier in the thread, now also posted in Serenes Forest forums is likely mistaken, While extremely impressive in how it shaves turns off each level, it ultimately does not succeed since it only attains 32678 in funds.

It's easy to make this mistake because the Battle History screen doesn't update with the rank of the last playthrough. I noticed this after attempting to obtain (my first) S Rank by following that guide. In the end, I had to pass on both the Energy Ring and Knight's Crest.

TL;DR. The requirement for LHM Funds S Rank is ~2000 higher than the White Gem requirement. You can use both Knight's Crest and Angelic Robe and get the White Gem, but it seems unlikely to get a genuine S Rank while using both.

NeoRonTheNeuron fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome! A little penny-pinching and XP splitting go a long way. (Remembering the lockpick helps too :))

• Locked thread