Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Welp that sucks hard, him having ADHD explains a lot actually (speaking as a person with one).

PG still remains one of my fav mmos of all time and I contemplated getting back in, just sucks up too much of my time.

I hope things change for him but yeah, 'murricuh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Game's getting donations and publicity, it might survive after all :unsmith: even if for a little bit longer

They had a donation run, admins enabled +100 inventory slots and +150% exp event until the end of November, perfect time to get back in!

(they also are gonna spawn few event chests for the US crowd, I made easy 600k councils from selling recipe books as a level 7 that just got back in again)

Strotski fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 13, 2023

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ya I started this weekend and it’s a lot of fun. There’s so many skills to explore it’s mind boggling.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, the more I get into this game, the sadder I am it's not releasing in 2023 with all the features and polish it currently has. I am a sucker for games that let me level up a billion things. It's the first MMO in a while where I've thought and planned ahead what I'm going to tackle today, and how I really want to go to that other place but I probably need a few days of prepping before I go, but wait what's involved in leveling Compassion up?? Oh okay so I need to go find a shovel now so I can bury the corpses of my enemies....

It's a time drain that's for sure.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

My main issue with it is also why I love it so much.
Too much stuff to do, so you try and do it all and you fail and you end up being a master of nothing, with your inventory so cluttered that every time you log in you have to ask yourself "what am I doing here what was the plan exactly"
Truly the allegory for ADHD.

I heard the new dungeon has a chest full of penis bones, or something. And that's PG.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Strotski posted:

Game's getting donations and publicity, it might survive after all :unsmith: even if for a little bit longer

They had a donation run, admins enabled +100 inventory slots and +150% exp event until the end of November, perfect time to get back in!

(they also are gonna spawn few event chests for the US crowd, I made easy 600k councils from selling recipe books as a level 7 that just got back in again)

I got in on that but only sold one book. Now I'm stuck with a dozen books that are probably worthless because the entire server used that event to grab as many new skills books as possible.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

I got in on that but only sold one book. Now I'm stuck with a dozen books that are probably worthless because the entire server used that event to grab as many new skills books as possible.
It depends on the rarity, some still sell really well. The key was to sell absolutely immediately because everyone who had 50-300k to spare on one book also had an immediate itch, not so much anymore, due to the player amount that was filled rather quickly.

Animal books still sell well, I guess they drop more rare, but it also depends on the animal I discovered.

Either way I still have 500k and I'm probably not gonna play, I'm more than happy to share my tiny wealth with any goons that might want it, just voice it here, PM, or leave a note at my vendor at E-2.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’d be happy to take your massive fortune (and share it ofc with anyone else itt). I think I have 1500ish councils to my name so that would be nice. I am Garek in game. Is there mail? No, right?

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

LuckyCat posted:

I’d be happy to take your massive fortune (and share it ofc with anyone else itt). I think I have 1500ish councils to my name so that would be nice. I am Garek in game. Is there mail? No, right?
Pretty sure they introduced pigeon mail but I never had an excuse to use it, I'll try, failing that I'll add to the friend list and uhhh not sure the exact logistics after.
The wealth is redistributed, seize the means of production, comrades.

Strotski fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 15, 2023

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's on sale again for :10bux:

Convincing more people to get hooked on VIP might be their best bet for longevity.

OIFY
Jun 1, 2020

im crying. we are gonna be poor. oh fuck oh fuck
:10bux:this is a good game:10bux:
:10bux:buy it right now:10bux:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
ended up buying the year sub for this to support

enamored with other mmos atm but hoping ill get into it sometime next year. I haven't played since like 2015 so im excited to see all the new stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Tanners posted:

ended up buying the year sub for this to support

enamored with other mmos atm but hoping ill get into it sometime next year. I haven't played since like 2015 so im excited to see all the new stuff
There's quite a lot, I think they keep a list somewhere for returning players and the changes since then.
I subbed too, despite not playing, game is cool enough that it deserves it.