Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Our new employee handbook forbids video games.

How is it 2015 and gamers are still being repressed like this? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Because most employers want you to be focused on making them money, OP.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

curse the capitalist regime

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
quit working and play video games full time imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pointy-haired boss: No more video games, because I read that in a management book!
Dilbert: Much like talking to women, that is highly irrational.
Point-haired boss: What the--?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Just take your 3ds / vita and go sit in your car and play during your lunch break, that way you get to miss out on all that lunchtime socializing that will help you climb the corporate ladder and you will be a lowly gaming clerk all your life.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunixnerd posted:

Just take your 3ds / vita and go sit in your car and play during your lunch break, that way you get to miss out on all that lunchtime socializing that will help you climb the corporate ladder and you will be a lowly gaming clerk all your life.

this but also weed and you're living the epic good gaming life

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lunixnerd posted:

having less responsabilities and more gaming is actually a good trade

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Lunixnerd posted:

This obviously won't work in a 20 people firm where everyone socializes with the hot young marketing women with the big tits at lunchtime in hopes of getting laid because there is no ladder to climb otherwise.

I still take my gaming mobile to the toilet while everyone else sits around the hottie. My priorities are kept straight.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
for many poor souls trapped in the gaming-industrial complex, video games are work OP

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pointy-haired boss: No more video games, because I read that in a management book!

i liked your post FAU

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

for many poor souls trapped in the gaming-industrial complex, video games are work OP

Instead of just FEELING like work, you mean?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lunixnerd posted:

somehow one of my friends does this and he's beaten half of heart gold and gotten up to manager at his job in the same timeframe

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Lunixnerd posted:

Who cares if people see you gaming during your lunch break? I play in my cube everyday on lunch break.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

play zork, from a distance it looks like you're doing work

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

why can't i play video games while driving?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

uhhh... excuse me? i'm playing poyo poyo tetris here

but doctor, the liver transplant needs to happen right away!

*sigh* does anyone even listen to me?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
download one of those games that work in an excel spreadsheet

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ANGRYGREEK posted:

I still take my gaming mobile to the toilet while everyone else sits around the hottie. My priorities are kept straight.
Power-shits are the objectively correct answer to this conundrum yeah

I mean, if you don't have a 3DS handy you were gonna just browse on your phone while taking a dump anyway

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

download one of those games that work in an excel spreadsheet

Eve online?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
you can OP, you just gotta do it carefully.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lunixnerd posted:

Climbing the corporate ladder is poo poo. It's not like a video game where you get a high score. It's where you do work so you have to do more work. Capitalism is hosed up.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Silver Striker posted:

Climbing the corporate ladder is poo poo. It's not like a video game where you get a high score. It's where you do work so you have to do more work. Capitalism is hosed up.

no the game is, see how many secrets you can copy and sell to rivals. come on, wwjd (james [bond])

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Get a job in supported housing like me where you have to do 24 hours every other weekend and have a lot of downtime, plus are effectively 'free' from 11pm as you are only there on call.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I guess you could also aim to be a technician in a data center. The positions I've heard of have you work 12 hours a day / 3 days a week but when things work you have nothing to do and can probably play games if your employer isn't awful. The downside is when something breaks you have to do a ton of work.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Silver Striker posted:

The downside is when something breaks you have to do a ton of work.

When in the middle of playing.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
You can, and you will.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
I had a job a while back where I'd play my Nomad for a good chunk of the day.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Casanova posted:

I had a job a while back where I'd play my Nomad for a good chunk of the day.
No way the Nomad had that kind of battery life.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

No way the Nomad had that kind of battery life.

Had an adapter, the battery life on that thing was beyond awful.It was a pain even with the rechargeable battery pack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

play zork, from a distance it looks like you're doing work

Do you work in 1989 or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

uhhh... excuse me? i'm playing poyo poyo tetris here

but doctor, the liver transplant needs to happen right away!

*sigh* does anyone even listen to me?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s07tukudBIyu

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I ordered a stromboli from there but if you live in the Bay Area (Tampa Bay) Westshore's got a pretty sweet Lasagna, Stromboli, or Sriracha Rooster Sauce Pizza with your name on it this evening.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I ordered a stromboli from there but if you live in the Bay Area (Tampa Bay) Westshore's got a pretty sweet Lasagna, Stromboli, or Sriracha Rooster Sauce Pizza with your name on it this evening.

Is it worth driving for? Always heard about them, but didn't want to drive to Tampa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
pizza hut added sriracha as a marinara replacement along with like fifty other new things at once and it pissed off a friend of mine who runs one

• Locked thread