Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

What'd you see?

theory of everything! though i really wanted to see inherent vice.

i 'get' why theory of everything got rave reviews, but it really, really had me laughing uproariously at some of the contrived dialogue

they really, really botched a-character-with-a-functioning-brain-but-little-ability-to-speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah the idea seemed inherently problematic on a couple levels, kinda glad I missed that.

Hey everyone can we talk about how the Fargo TV series is masterful?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just got my pm back from Byers. My day hack action came back. Looks like Somber is able to perform night actions.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:O

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you have something to share with the class, beet juice?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

Do you have something to share with the class, beet juice?

Nope, I'm vanilla!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Somberbrero

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Please vote for Somber. He just outright lied.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, either something is wrong with your results or you're lying. I think the thing is, why would Byers put an intentionally fucky role in a small game like this? So you must be lying. Good job though, this gambit will probably pay off.

##vote True and Real

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Man, you're good scum.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm disinclined to believe Diqnol because Byers said standard roles, but I also don't see why he would persist if it's just a gambit.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Somb sounds like he's overplaying though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

Somb sounds like he's overplaying though.

Yeah. I'll say right now that I just made that up to see what would happen. I think Somber looks bad in his response.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mills posted:

I'm disinclined to believe Diqnol because Byers said standard roles, but I also don't see why he would persist if it's just a gambit.

Well he definitely won't get lynched tomorrow, even when I flip town. So then he just has to survive another day, presuming one scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
like ~think~ about a role that could eliminate 33% of all suspects on DAY one.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mills posted:

Somb, we cool, if you don't do something really stupid again.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
goddamnit not twice in a row.

mills you're bad at mafia.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somber, do you think Mills is scum?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I've always had this rule that when you mislynch a townie it's your fault no matter what the townie did. In Chic's game, you seriously challenged that rule.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No Mills isn't scum because I've guessed when Mills is scum on day one in 100% of games I've played with him and I'm not guessing that here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That game is ongoing, Mills, and there are multiple people still alive in it that are a part of this game. Please desist.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

No Mills isn't scum because I've guessed when Mills is scum on day one in 100% of games I've played with him and I'm not guessing that here.

Can you base any of that on content?

Secondly, would you be so kind as to explain what you think of my "gambit" now that you know I made it up?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm not going to argue with you about this Diqnol. There's a pretty clear limit on not talking about ongoing games and it's not a surprise to anyone reading that game that I thought Somb was scum. That requires zero setup knowledge, of which I have none anyway. Everything else is off limits. Anyway, my piece is said.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's going to get a townie mislynched, so if you're town then I guess you suck! But I guess you're probably scum still.

No, I don't think I need to give a content read on Mills.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This conversation is frustrating me. I'm going to take a break from SA.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dammit Kanye.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

Can you base any of that on content?

Secondly, would you be so kind as to explain what you think of my "gambit" now that you know I made it up?

everyone knew that you made it up

i'm just curious why part of your gambit involved pointing scum at a potential power-role for targeting?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

i'm just curious why part of your gambit involved pointing scum at a potential power-role for targeting?

I don't think there are any power roles in this game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It's going to get a townie mislynched, so if you're town then I guess you suck! But I guess you're probably scum still.

No, I don't think I need to give a content read on Mills.

You don't need to, but I'd appreciate it if you did.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh, in addition Ernie, Somber responded to it seriously. Are you saying he faked all of that?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Well, either something is wrong with your results or you're lying. I think the thing is, why would Byers put an intentionally fucky role in a small game like this? So you must be lying. Good job though, this gambit will probably pay off.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Much as I hate it, it's a meta read. What has Mills done today? He just pays a more active game as scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He leaped to the conclusion I was scum for lying, though. Do you think so too?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lunch all liars.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

He leaped to the conclusion I was scum for lying, though. Do you think so too?

i don't see the possible payoff for the gambit at all

it doesn't make you scum

but i don't know you as a player that plays empty gambits just to see if it sticks any way

that's generally my thing

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A silly rule today as it ever was.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

i don't see the possible payoff for the gambit at all

it doesn't make you scum

but i don't know you as a player that plays empty gambits just to see if it sticks any way

that's generally my thing

I do it enough. You clearly don't know me as well as you think you do =^_^=

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Anyway, I think this is a scum post. ##vote Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why am i so afraid of my vote, others have voted today

i should be less afraid of using this thing

##vote somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##unvote

You were -2 lmao wow