Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Trill I am genuinely impressed with how good you are at scum for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Trill I am genuinely impressed with how good you are at scum for what it's worth.

I am good at scum, but I'm not scum in this game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

Anyway, I think this is a scum post. ##vote Ernie

nothing about that post is a scum-post

not a single part

it's just you going 'haha people who think rolefishing is scummy are scummy' fighting policy with policy and ignoring the context

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The context of you looking at it from a scum perspective? No, I think I got that pretty much nailed.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

okay i'm going to try and fully embody my new playstyle if you're ready

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

the worst loving part of mafia games are people pretending they're sanctimoniously upholding their lovely reads as if they're the most perfect thing in the universe

good job there are truly no holes in your logic, here is your award

ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You were around when I gambited but did not participate. You immediately assume that I am lying. You only consider it from the power role aspect (something I expected scum to attack) as the only part worth addressing when in fact its results were catching you as scum, showing that Mills is playing either insanely disengagedly or carefully, and providing more interesting reactions from Somber.

Somber, fwiw, I thought you were town at the time I said I thought you looked bad and just wanted to press you further.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

You were around when I gambited but did not participate. You immediately assume that I am lying. You only consider it from the power role aspect (something I expected scum to attack) as the only part worth addressing when in fact its results were catching you as scum, showing that Mills is playing either insanely disengagedly or carefully, and providing more interesting reactions from Somber.

Somber, fwiw, I thought you were town at the time I said I thought you looked bad and just wanted to press you further.

actually i wasn't but thanks for making up things as you go

and the reason i assumed you were lying is because my new playstyle involves channeling parts of peta and uranus and spacebutt always says 'ignore private day actions'

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

"Everyone knew you were making it up"

That sounds like you were there.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

"Everyone knew you were making it up"

That sounds like you were there.

or it sounds like i've read everyone's opinions because forums exist outside space and time and archive things for future readers

like woah

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

or it sounds like i've read everyone's opinions because forums exist outside space and time and archive things for future readers

like woah

Two people responded to my gambit. You were not among them.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

Two people responded to my gambit. You were not among them.

yes ............ because i was not there at the time

what a surprising admission you've made me come to in this post

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i swear i will stop being unnecessarily dickish to you the minute you drop your unnecessary schtick of sticking to bad cases because you think they help advance games

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm surprised that you're willing to maintain two different scenarios at the same time, too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I did add the "fake private day actions for interesting results" tool from watching Derp mess around, though. I didn't let this one go too far nor do I preclude or eclipse previous content.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somber, are you around?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm back.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

True and Real posted:

I did add the "fake private day actions for interesting results" tool from watching Derp mess around, though. I didn't let this one go too far nor do I preclude or eclipse previous content.

I was the first person to do this on SA. :3:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Then they made a rule saying it was against the rules.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

ernie frustrated
diqnol unreadable
somb mixed

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What, an actual fake day action? Yeah, I can understand why it's against the rules to do it in thread.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What you did is the same thing imo.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It's a thin line, but if mine is against the spirit of the rules, then faking any day action probably is. idk.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think it is!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I pretended to vig someone. It was awesome. Mafia 4 I'm pretty sure.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote somb

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

ernie frustrated
diqnol unreadable
somb mixed

i'm not frustrated

i just think that diqnol's style of play >here< essentially relies on exclusively the worst part of mafia

merk does the same thing where he will pretend that the tiniest fluffiest case he has is the strongest thing in the world ... until the next thing comes up

and i think it harms games

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

i havent bothered pushing the point because who cares but i think we're actually at the point where merk harms games

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

i'm not frustrated

i just think that diqnol's style of play >here< essentially relies on exclusively the worst part of mafia

merk does the same thing where he will pretend that the tiniest fluffiest case he has is the strongest thing in the world ... until the next thing comes up

and i think it harms games

It harms games? I don't see how getting reactions out of people is ever a bad thing. That's pretty much the purpose of everything I do.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

Somber, are you around?

I'm watching Fargo, it's so good!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

i havent bothered pushing the point because who cares but i think we're actually at the point where merk harms games

oh god this isn't the intent of my post!!

and it harms games only that it makes someone unreadable. there's no point going back to D1 in this game only to see the golly gee diqnol sure was sure about that thing, but in the moment it happens it really can sway things unnecessarily

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

ernie you are too nice :3:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

oh god this isn't the intent of my post!!

and it harms games only that it makes someone unreadable. there's no point going back to D1 in this game only to see the golly gee diqnol sure was sure about that thing, but in the moment it happens it really can sway things unnecessarily

I think I broadcast my alignment pretty strongly no matter how I play :3:

Of course, the broadcast always says "town" so maybe you're right

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am...a mystery. I am mafia batman.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

two :3: in response to one of my posts

a new record

:3:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think the hardest people to read on SA are probably merk, me and Diqnol but :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You could add Gulag to that list but he doesn't exactly play.

This is all a tangent though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i find hal harder to read than all three of you put together

because i feel no guilt when i mis-flatline one of you

but i feel it hard with hal

so i shift the entire weight of my reading hal into the dreaded gigantic 'but what if i'm wrong zone'

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal can be tough to read but he kind of falls halfway into lurker zone. It's not really fair to compare your Hals/bowmores/Big Nothings/etc to high volume posters. PMom can be tough to pick too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

I think the hardest people to read on SA are probably merk, me and Diqnol but :shrug:

I think, as with everything, you just have to know what to look for with certain people. Hal used to have this secret tell on me when I was scum and was the sole reason I got lynched 3 games in a row, leading me to nk him really unnecessarily early.

You know, this brings me back to when Hal copped me as scum in a game where the flips happened a day later and I got him lynched by fakeclaiming cop in response :laugh:

• Locked thread