Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Because I just realized something

what's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the suspense is killing me

:f5:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

wall monitor posted:

Morning comes. A grisly sight... not just for who it is, but how they were killed.

Somberbrero, Colonel Sanders (Armorer), was killed N4 as the result of a time bomb placed N3!

(mod note: note the 'single source' bit :v: Sorry Somber)

On closer inspection, it looks like he died by having something shoved forcefully down his throat...

"Holy poo poo, someone called the health inspectors on him!"

The identity of the final enemy has been made clear: the enemy of all fast food, federal health inspectors. The only question remaining is... where are they hiding?

Day 5 begins. There is no deadline currently set.

See this?

SINGLE SOURCE and all?

I wanted to have a BIG OL' DUEL with you because I thought for sure you were scum.

I'm a bodyguard against scumkills, not vig kills. I assumed I protected against both, but my wording only says scum kills

PMush and Taste were going back and forth.

What if Taste killed PMush?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So your situation computes - town could behave as you did.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I, of course, have a case on Met as well. If we'd like to start, though, check out his last post:

Met posted:

Reason suggests CCKeane is scum while my gut is telling me it's Kumba. I guess we have a few days. I'll probably go through the thread again.

It's a case THAT CAN GO EITHER WAY.

I don't think you were scum from our mason chats, you seemed straightforward, especially in the time sensitive stuff where scum would have a pause before answering. You didn't need to keep your story straight so you were on top of everything.

I am still FINISHING THINGS UP (Work ended early due to snow, I'm doing some paper work now) but I think it's Met.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

I, of course, have a case on Met as well. If we'd like to start, though, check out his last post:

I don't think you were scum from our mason chats, you seemed straightforward, especially in the time sensitive stuff where scum would have a pause before answering. You didn't need to keep your story straight so you were on top of everything.

I am still FINISHING THINGS UP (Work ended early due to snow, I'm doing some paper work now) but I think it's Met.

I didn't make a case there.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I agree Met has been scummier than you, but that clarification to your Bodyguard claim seems awfully convenient

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also you changed your flavor claim, though I can't tell if that Chipotle comment you made near the time you replaced in was supposed to be a joke

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

Wait a tick, this is the first time you mentioned anything about masons. What's up with that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

Also you changed your flavor claim, though I can't tell if that Chipotle comment you made near the time you replaced in was supposed to be a joke

It was clearly a joke, c'mon man.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I also really dislike Met's flavor defense, as making McDonald's a fakeclaim and not an actual role is something I'd totally do as mod to be a dick and gently caress with people who think flavor arguments are a good idea

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

Wait a tick, this is the first time you mentioned anything about masons. What's up with that?

Pretty sure we mentioned it before but Kumba and I are masons.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

We're the second scum team, Met.

We're just toying with you, Met.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I mentioned capps got another mason recruit off but I don't remember if I actually ever said who it was

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

Pretty sure we mentioned it before but Kumba and I are masons.

Before we start voting willy nilly, let me go through things. This is news to me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

oh? ##vote: CCKeane

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
We didn't start as masons and it's not a confirmed masonry so it's a moot point

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

I agree Met has been scummier than you, but that clarification to your Bodyguard claim seems awfully convenient

Yeah, it stinks. I blew through the PM with a "yeah yeah I got it" as usual.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Made the right call.

##vote: Met

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumba confirmed town~~~

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

haha what is this? is this the vote from someone who knows scum aren't going to quickhammer because they themselves are scum??

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
"Give me a while, I need to re-read"

"Actually gently caress it I'm going to throw down a vote immediately in 3 man LYLO"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Before we start voting willy nilly, let me go through things. This is news to me.

Met posted:

like holy poo poo these two posts are a minute apart, lmbo

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If I'm being toyed with, I'll throw out my best guess and let you guys do whatever you're going to do. It's just not fun to me to try-hard if CC is being honest there.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

If I'm being toyed with, I'll throw out my best guess and let you guys do whatever you're going to do. It's just not fun to me to try-hard if CC is being honest there.

being honest where

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

being honest where

I think he means being honest when I said we were the second scum team and Met freaked.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kumbamontu posted:

like holy poo poo these two posts are a minute apart, lmbo

Made a post before CC's post. Noticed CC's post. Said "gently caress it", that's no fun.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Made a post before CC's post. Noticed CC's post. Said "gently caress it", that's no fun.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

This post, Kumba.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Right, I know that, but why the hell does that post matter like what is going through his head that makes that post make him think "hmmm.. that's a real scum claim. VOTE"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Especially when I've been at or near the top of his scumlist for basically the entire game

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The only thing I prepared was:

wall monitor posted:

Foolster, Burger King (Power Conduit), was killed D1!
Foolster, who was actually Impostor Mascot (Impersonator), was killed D1!

Kumbamontu posted:

I am the Burger King Power Conduit that Foolster flipped as

This was compelling enough to me to prove Kumba's innocence. The only way it wouldn't work is if the Impersonator role worked differently than described, but I don't think wall monitor would do that. Though that does work great as a way for me to incorporate a role I've been meaning to find a way to make work.

I'm also hesitant by anyone who agrees with me on a point.

CCKeane posted:

This is actually some good points.

Not enough to vote for Hurt though. He let other people take care of that.

I had all this ready to go, but then CC made some comment (joke?) that you're both scum anyway. I'd be wasting my time going through the thread for anything to help me figure out which of you is scum if that's true. If it's just a joke, well, me and CC are voting for each other and Kumba has yet to make a vote. A scum would have instantly voted for the townie in this situation and won the game, so I'm convinced CC is scum in either situation. My vote is on the right place. Now either Kumba is scum playing mind games or a townie I have to convince. :sigh:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If we were both scum, the game would already be over

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

Now either Kumba is scum playing mind games or a townie I have to convince. :sigh:

I can work hard at it just to find out I'm wasting the effort, but in my position there's no other choice. That's not a fun position to be in.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met sounds like defeated scum here.

Which he should be. Defeat him!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Once you take your time and are comfortable with your decision.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Okay well if I'm wrong, sorry town!!

##vote met

:redhammer:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

And that's hammer! Results post coming shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Met, Ronald McDonald (Recharger), was killed D5!

quote:

You are Ronald Mc Donald, a Recharger!

Power: Super Size It

You're one of the oldest hands in the mascot game. Mascots have come and go in your time... in fact, even other mcdonalds mascots have been concepted and faded away within your years. Your experience means you know what the people want, and what the people want is MORE. When you use Super Size It you give the target one more charge of their power. You don't get any information when you Super Size someone, so be careful, else you might end up powering up Scumteam instead.

You are town-aligned, and win if all threats to town are eliminated.

McDonald breathed his last. Not a disguise, not a costume. The Clown had fallen at last.

The two remaining, the Arby's Oven Mitt, and the Burger King, slowly turned to look at each other, expressions briefly unreadable as they processed the situation.

All around them, through mob justice or hidden blades in the night, all the rest of the residents of the Fast Food section of Mascotland had fallen. The golden entrance arches, once bright, welcoming, and proudly advertising ninety nine billion sold, were now stained red with the blood that had been shed this week.

It was the oven mitt that made the first move. "You make me sick," he said, advancing. "You really thought you could get away with what you've been doing? All the deaths you've caused?"

There was terror writ across the Burger King's face, but this then gave way to confusion as he realized something. "Wait, wait... Are you still saying you're a loyal subject of Mascotland? But that doesn't make sense, there's just two of us left, and I know I'm loyal...?"

"Oh, no, no... not these deaths," said the Oven Mitt, advancing. "I'm talking about all the deaths you and your kind have caused. Salty, fatty food... empty calories... mechanically seperated chicken 'product'! Advertised to children! Children! Won't someone think of the children!"

The oven mitt came off, revealing the suited, briefcase-holding federal employee who'd been using it as a costume.

hiipfire CCKeane, FDA (Time Bomber), has won the game for Scumteam!

quote:

You are FDA, a Time Bomber!

Power: Dispatch Health Inspectors

Filthy reastaurants. Vile greasy food. Advertising to children with these funny dancing mascots. Children. Children! Won't someone please think of the children! Use Dispatch Health Inspectors to target a player and sic a clipboard-weilding health inspector on him. He'll die the next night as if he was vigilante-killed.

You are scum aligned, and win when all non-scum players are dead, or it is impossible for this to not happen.

You can communicate with your other scumteam members via link redacted

The besuited man snapped his fingers. Within seconds, ninja-suited health inspectors popped up from hidden spots around the neighborhood and descended upon the Burger King before he could react...

Kumbamontu, Burger King (Power Conduit), was endgamed!

quote:

You are Burger King, a Power Conduit!

Power: Have it Your Way

You're the king. You're regal as gently caress. That clown that everyone immediately thinks of when they think of fast food mascots? He's just the court jester. You're the real deal, you command respect... and others respect your command. Your power lets you choose two players, one as the source and one as the target. You then get to use the source's power on the target immediately (if the source player's power also needs two targets, you are named as the second one, this is usually beneficial to you). You don't get any information on what the source player's power is neither before nor after you use Have It Your Way, but you might be able to make an educated guess based on the results.

You are town-aligned, and win if all threats to town are eliminated.

Mod Document

Mafia Document

Mason Document

Thank you to all players! This was my first time running/designing a mafia game, so feedback both positive and negative is appreciated.

I'll post a flavor epilogue later tonight, and some notes on what roles worked well/didn't work well either here or in the mafia discussion thread later on.

• Locked thread