Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I havn't played mafia in a very long time. This looks like a cool theme. I'm in if there's room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Confirmed.

That Chuckie Cheese video is halarious. "Yu be so bliiiiind!" It reminds me of the Hypnovirus musical episode of Aquateen Hunger Force. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CklRqn3O-c

Oh no, Noid is dead? No, wait. Who cares? He was a stupid mascot. It has nothing to do with how bad his pizza was.

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote no lynch

No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Except we will loose a townie anyway, and who knows what powers besides the scum have. Though I suppose too that's countered somewhat by town powers, but still the main strength of town is during the day. Of course if it's getting towards the end of the time and it's still a crapshoot (not at least mostly certain of guilt) I'd say it's better to not lynch, but that's the only good reason I can see of a no-lynch. For now we have 3 days or so to discuss and hunt down scum.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah see what I said about not being pretty close to sure. Of course we shouldn't lynch someone if we don't think there's a good chance their scum, but being so afraid of loosing townies so as to jump to night is foolish, since scum rule the night.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

mr.capps posted:

oh hey foolster

Hi Capps!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Wat. Soberro ignored a fellow mafia player? That's going to make this weird (I'm assuming that was a joke).

Kumbamontu speaks good sense (re: no lynch on d1)

I don't feel confident enough on a read to vote for now. Or even a finger of suspicion.

I have no problem with discussing no-lynch. It seems a pretty solid consensus to not end the day early, which was one of my main concerns with the idea when TT brought it up.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero, sorry. I got your name wrong. :(

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Realtalk, this is the scummiest post so far. Voting Foolster once Rurea is dead and gone for their aforementioned offenses.

Scummiest in what way? Because I find an old chuckie cheese video funny? I think Noid is a dumb character (that's not to say we shouldn't punish the murderer, just it's not a huge loss, and I think others have dissed Noid too)? Or I caution against jumping to no-lynching on day 1 (which seems to be the consensus of the room (making it clear I'm open to hearing a case for it)?

FOS: Somberbero, and I'm considering upping that to a vote. It looks like he's trying to lead lynches on people for no good reason. I could see why he'd vote on Rurea, but I don't see any good reason for him to keep his vote on until Rurea's dead (basiclly calling for his death) except they got into a petty pissing match against each other.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Foolster's first mafia game.

First here in a long time (I said it above, I think twice.), but I've played quite a few games (even modded a couple). Pay attention, man. :P

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

(I'm willing to admit I might have missed something between Sumbrerro and Rurea, I'm going to look back).

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Conversation is always productive,since it's in the town's best interest, even if it's not immediatly useful.

Maybe it was awkward, but I came a little late and so I was trying to catch up to like 30+ posts. *shrug*.

Somberbrero posted:

I would have felt better about you if you just straight voted me right there, but your hedging looks like scared scum.

I tend to be somewhat cautious about voting. Also, like I said, you do seem scummy for your insistance on voting Rurua to death (as opposed to just voting) over what seems like silly nothingness (looking over, I have no idea, but feel to make your case, if you have info you should share it.).

Trust me, if someone more scummy doesn't come along, I'll vote for you. Your saying you want Rurea dead again without giving reason does bump my suspicion a little more.

Foolster41 posted:

First here in a long time (I said it above, I think twice.), but I've played quite a few games (even modded a couple). Pay attention, man. :P

Corrction: first time playing mafia here, and I used to play on another forum (Mafiascum.net actually), but it's been a long time. I somehow managed to mangle that in the last post.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I believe that's 4 on Somber with 3 to lynch. I'll hold back from voting to avoid a mafia quick lynch, but does this mean we're confident enough in his scummyness to get a claim?

Truth be told, he is my best suspect so far, but I don't really have any sort of read on anyone else so that's not saying much.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

Is this your first game

For I think the fourth time time now, no, but it's been years so I'm rusty (so, people can stop asking/saying this now). Why? Did I say something incorrect? IIRC generally when someone starts getting votes it's because there's enough suspicion on them, and then they make their claim.
Like I said in my last post, I don't have a super strong scum read on Somber, thus why I didn't vote and I asked about claiming, but he is my best suspect.

Thinking about it, yeah, it's really not time for Somber to claim yet.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

mr.capps posted:

im not allowed to kill foolster

he holds too much power

:)

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Rurea posted:

What is this?

What is what? Having trouble reading?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Hey new guys, my vote on Rurea was just a joke. Voting me because I want another player to die is silly as an aside.

Foolster is clearly scum but if you all won't vote for him then I guessssss Hiipfire? His vote was the sketchiest out of all the votes one me, definitely tried to slide into a serious vote with a joke.

It was a joke? You said you not only was voting on Rurea, but said you were refusing to move it off until he was dead. I might have taken this as a joke if you had not repeated this again with no explination.

Like I said, I'm not convinced Somber is scum, but it seems fishy he repeats he wants Rurea dead for no info and then backs off. (Though to be fair, he did nack off after votes starting backing off him, which helps me think he isn't scum, so I don't know).

As for me, why do you think I'm "clearly" scum? I mean, maybe I'm over-reacting to Somber, but I haven't really been pushing hard for Sombers's death or anything, because all I did was point out something kind of fishy Somber was doing. (I even noted it wasn't even big enough to warrant a vote, just something to point out).

I kind of like Hal's reasoning towards Met. At the very least this might prod a townie to stop lurking if he gets some votes, so I'll Vote: Met

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Nijna'd? I voted for Met

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Oh yeah. Oh well, since you talked (one of the main reasons for my voting you) I'll hold off.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Met posted:

Hiip has half the posts I do. With that logic you should be all over him.

Good point. ##Vote: HiipFire.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Neither is scum

You know that how?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Looking back TT has only a few pretty short posts, that seem pretty low-content. i'll ##Unvote ##Vote: Tremendous Taste. I don't get a very strong vibe from either met or Hiip, but Mushroom has a good point on TT.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

i'm scum obviously duh

I didn't mean to say that shows you are (That'd be pretty stupid for scum to do), just that I'd like more info.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

pmush is probably scum

Again, reason?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

for those of you that are here and not voting Met, I would like to hear why you would prefer a no lynch than Met (other than TT who is just being contrarian)

I guess I was holding back because I don't have a super strong vibe on met (or anyone for that matter). I'm just kind of afraid of voting out a townie, it feels like we didn't have a lot of time to really discuss, but hopefully we'll have more stuff to talk about day 1.

Ah, what the heck. ##Vote: Met

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

these are completely arbitrary

i wasn't active enough on a quiet game with a weekend deadline is stupid by itself, but i found scum today. foolster is absolutely scum, no question.

Again, why are you definitely sure I'm scum? Last time I asked I got no response (I even looked back). Because I was a little suspicious about how you insisted Rurea die, and then instead of saying it was a joke said it again as if you're serious?

Like I said, you started backing down after people unvoted you, so it didn't seem like you did it because of pressure, so that makes me a bit less convinced your scum. It seems your pushing for my death awfully hard though for no reason.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Darn. As much as I was dissing Noid before, Wendy and Ceaser were good ones. Lets avenge them!

Now that day's started I'd like to hear why Somber thinks I'm "definitely scum". I've yet to hear any sort of reasoning besides maybe I misunderstood a joke by him was a joke (and his repeating it made it sound like it wasn't a joke to me)?

Kumbamontu posted:

also I have to admit I think Met was right about Hiip as much as it pains me to say it

##vote hiip

Why do you think Hiip is scum? I see Met's vote was in response to what sounds like a joke ("Somber was maf in the last mafia game I played with him, clearly he'll be mafia again right?"), and then says that Hiip doesn't tend to make good discisions on D1 and unvoted him.

To the Subject of who I suspect, as it was pointed out Met did give good reasons, perticularly passively supporting and then backpedeling from no-lynch.

Other than that, I don't know. I think I need to go back and re-read.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

*inspects newbie pass, frowns*

##vote Foolster41

Huh? You're being really cryptic when asked for information. It's getting on my nerves.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

To the Subject of who I suspect, as it was pointed out Met did give good reasons, perticularly passively supporting and then backpedeling from no-lynch.

Wow, that was confusingly written. I meant Kuba brought up good reasons for suspecting Met. I need to pay more attention when I post.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

So right now, Somber is pushing for my death for no explained reason.

Kumba brought up some good points on Met
and Kumba has also brought up good points on good sir.

All three of these look pretty good.

The rest I don't really have much a read on either way, though I got a good pro-town vibe from Kumba.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah sorry, I've been stretched pretty thin. If there's anyone who has clicked this and still doesn't understand why Foolster the Forty-First is Mafia, let me know.

Yes, you quoted it before. And then I asked for clarification you refused to give it. Clear to clarify now, or are you just going to contenue to be obstanently vague?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

What?

This isn't a real role madness.

We only regain power charges by dunking scum.

So actually yeah, it's exactly in their interest.

So, it's not part 3 on my quote when I say nolynch is a bad idea. That narrows it down. :smug:

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

awkward! forced content, like commenting on the noid. "no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."

Like I said I was catching up to a bunch of posts. I said it sounds bad bit I'm willing to hear counter-arguments since I hadn't played in years. I didn't say it isn't in any way. Big difference! You're misrepresenting what I said!

Somberbrero posted:

'who knows what powers besides the scum have' is an incredibly weird thing to mention and it's not motivated by town perspective

Huh? Yeah, cautioning the town that the scum might have extra powers in a power-heavy game sure sounds scummy! (Yes, that's sarcasm). Also, notice the context of this is arguing against a no-lynch. Something a majority have said is a bad idea, and which you yourself said is a bad idea.

Somberbrero posted:

forced content! Foolster has nothing important to say here. in fact he actively reduces the amount of useful content by bringing up the no-lunch discussion again.

Huh? People were Still talking about it Literally the last non-mod post before mine mentioned it. Honestly, there wasn't a lot to talk about anyway (I have a feeling if I hadn't posted you'd accuse me of lurking!), most of the conversion up to that point had been about no-lynch and joke stuff (ignoring people). This was page 4.

Somberbrero posted:

huge overreaction to a single vote that is probably the worst OMGUS I've ever seen. Foolster doesn't even vote me here, he uses a finger of shame.

Do I have to keep going?

Maybe I over-reacted, but I guess I was getting annoyed. I saw your joke "vote until dead" (that again, was repeated, so I didn't see it as a joke) and then jumping onto me with a vague vote and quote with no commentary. Yes, I didn't even vote you because honestly, you seemed too erratic to be scum, thus why I didn't vote. IDK, I keep going back and forth in my mind about you.

Also you accuse me of over-reacting, but I think over-reacting would have been to vote you and insist you die. I didn't do that, because despite your pushing for my lynching, I'm still willing to consider you might be a confused town. I'm interested in finding scum, and hearing clear explanations of reasons for accusations, not back-biting against people who accuse me.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Met posted:

Elaborate?

He's making a joke about the fact that I'm his GM in a RPG I'm running.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I hope people are at least considering my post above. Somber pretty clearly misrepresented what I said ("no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."), is blowing some things out of proportion (brining up no-lynch which was discussed literally in the previous post, and complaining I'm not talking about much on page 4, when there hasn't been much discussion).

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Hal be honest, have you actually read foolster? In no way could that possibly be construed as misrepresentation.

I'm phone posting but I guess I'll do this again tomorrow!

Let's look back.

What I said:

"No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia."

You represented as:

"no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."

Yeah, there's no way that could be construed as misrepresentation! (sarc)

I didn't say I had a reason why I thought no-lynch might not be bad, and then hold back a reason. I said I was willing to listen to people who tell me I'm wrong. I don't even understand how this is hard to understand.

Doubling down on misrepresentation is suspicious.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Also, he complains I'm bringing up conversation about no-lynch, but also refusing to talk about no-lynch? This is the sort of no-win arguments he's making against me that I'm talking about.

##Vote: Somber. I don't know, as I said he strikes me as confused town, but some of his arguments are pretty fishy.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I'd really like people who are lurking to stop it. Perticuarly I notice Capps hasn't posted much lately, or really at all this game.

Negetive Read
Somberbrero - Rediculously attacking me. Pretty clearly misrepresented what I said and the doubled down on it.
Met - Passively supported no-lynch, backpedeled?
Capps - As above, not much posting.
Good Sir - A little bit of hedging. I still see that as a little suspicious, though no huge sirens going off
Dr. Hurt - Not posting much, lots of one sentences posts.

Neutral Read:
Hal Incandenza
HiipFire
Met
Mr Tastee
Rurea

Positive Read:
Kumbamontu

CCKeane posted:

I'd like a brief rundown of the cases on the top three as I go through the game.

I'd like Met's case on Somber
I'd like Mr. Tastee's case on Good Sir
I'd like Somber's case on Foolster41
I'd like Hurt's case on Met.
And I would also like a delicious hamburger, yum yum.

Hello. Please re-read my response. Much of Somber's case against me is based on complete misrepresentation, and exageration.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Met posted:

You have me in there twice. Someone paying attention would have noticed that. Someone who might be trying to deflect what they can is less likely to do so. You're copy pasting other people's cases. I also don't recall backpedalling on no lynching Day 1. I'll tell you not lynching on Day 1 is a good move for townies in Role Madness and a great thing to discourage as scum by any means necessary.

Nope, not copy-pasted from anyone's notes, though I did take into account arguments by people. I might be being lead along by Kumba, but he seems be pretty townish to me, and is making good observations, that is what I am basing that on.

I based the list of names off the OP and was sorting them and forgot to remove your list as I sorted it.

We're back to the no-lynch argument again? I got the impression that it was a very bad idea to do, especially in role madness on D1. Disagreement about no-lynch D1 is fine, but the idea that townies would want it and scum would clearly want to discourage it is rediculous since there's no way there's that many scum this game. (I'm pretty sure you're in the minority here). I can check back and see how that stands.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

CCKeane posted:

##vote Foolster

Okay.

May I ask, why? I assume you caught up with the thread?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somber doesn't understand how the edge of incredibility works. "He seems like confused town" BUT divides it to why I don't think it is.

Maybe I should be more clear. Up to recently I thought Somber was annoying confused town, but he keeps making strange, outright false and contradictory claims that I can no longer make that assumption.

Happy, Somber? Nope, he's already made it clear no matter what I say it's an argument against me (see: talking both too much and not enough about no-lynch).

I'm surprised no one's called him on his misrepresentation of what I said. I think that's pretty blatent, and he insists that's completely fair. Read it again for yourself. I in no way say what he claims I said. That's pretty damning.

Also, if i think Somber is town Why dfid I put him in the negetive list?
Go home Somber, you're drunk.

The points were:
1.A simple mistake from copy+pasting from the OP's list I was sorting from "neutral" reads.
2.My post was not a copy+paste from anyone's notes, so that was false.
3.No-lynch is good for town on D1. (And I note you said it's "solid")

[quote]
taste. if you have bothered to read this setup you would know that a no-lynch is clearly stupid because our powers are one-use. so now we have to either hold onto them, potentially wasting them, or target them with zero information.[/qupte]
Know who said that? You. You're not making any sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Well, considering Somber's terrible logic (which I don't understand how no one else can see). I'm pretty sure Somber is scum.

[qupte=Foolster41]No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia.[/quote]

Somber posted:

"no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."
I would like people to explain to me how this is a fair representation of what I said, and if not how someone could honestly defend this position?

• Locked thread