Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

gay skull posted:

The best part about Deus Ex: Human Revolution was how the game encouraged stealth gameplay and then threw boss fights at you that almost required brute force, so you were hosed if you actually played stealthy.

Did the final boss in that game have that problem too?
A little less, the first form you can use sneaking/hacking (it's mainly rotating turrets), and the second form becomes passive intermittently and involves trapping. That level also has a destructible segment you can use, and you can get use the passkey from earlier if you sussed it out. Unfortunately one of her attacks is spawning a limited few zombies and robots, and they're all a bit in that weird alerted zone. If you put 2 and 2 together you could also use the laser rifle as a Mag Rail to penetrate her barrier in seconds which is another nice touch. I'm unsure what the Director's Cut changed, actually, though I know it added hackable turrets or something to most of the others? It's probably the least of the bossfights that you have to get used to, I'd say (I kind of enjoy exploiting the earlier ones more, but that's after many hours of it. Beaming Barrett with a fire extinguisher in the back of the head never gets dull).

I thought Missing Link's was pretty great, though, pretty much just a not-really-alerted long-range sniper/sentry and you can do whatever you want in a multi-route room full of enemies. It did have a little bit of "idiot hero falls into trap" but not as bad as the Tai Yong saferoom in the non-expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread