Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's uncanny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
With all the supposed reports of Bray vomiting everywhere, I have to say, if he did I doubt he was sick. He's just finally going full Exorcist on us. I'm fully expecting his promo next Monday to be his head rotating a full 360 degrees as he projectile vomits nonstop for 30 seconds straight.

But really, dude vomited in front of like a thousand people and not a single one of them pulled out a cellphone and recorded or took pictures of it? Sounds really likely to me.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

jake the snakes claims to have pissed himself, vomited, and poo poo in the ring in the same match after being stretched by a guy who looked like santa claus, but he has multiple versions of how he got into the business that i do not believe

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

kdrudy posted:

So I was trying to find a data set so I could do some data analysis and see how often the PPV loser wins on the go-home show and I found http://www.profightdb.com/ which has some great data but no API I can easily work with that I can see. Great looking site, in searching through it I found that El Torito has the highest winning percentage in the WWE of anyone in it's history: http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-highest-wwwf-wwf-wwe-win-percentages.html

I'm a huge geek and did this last year. It's true about 43% of the time, 64% of the time if you remove neutral endings (i.e. last night's Roman vs. Bryan beat down which didn't have a 'winner')

edit: actually this was just for end of Raw segments so a bit different than what you're saying

http://imgur.com/gallery/HXjSO

...i had time to kill at my job at the time, shut up

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 17, 2015

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Piss in my rear end posted:

jake the snakes claims to have pissed himself, vomited, and poo poo in the ring in the same match after being stretched by a guy who looked like santa claus, but he has multiple versions of how he got into the business that i do not believe

He also claims the DDT was invented in an accident when the guy he was trying to suplex tripped and they both fell over. If I'm not mistaken, literally everyone around that time says that story is complete bullshit.

So of course it's on his DVD from a few years ago.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that was len the grappler denton and jr recently interviewed him where he seemingly confirmed jake's story. bill watts says it is bullshit but bill watts is a garbage person.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

that was len the grappler denton and jr recently interviewed him where he seemingly confirmed jake's story. bill watts says it is bullshit but bill watts is a garbage person.

Watts also loathes Roberts.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

jake the snake was supposed to get a huge payout for going to wcw but bill watts made him go get his bicycle in a rain storm and he was struck by lightning and drowned in a ditch. i might have this mixed up with another story.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I haven't watched more than a segment of RAW here or there in months, but I still talk to a security person at the building I work at all the time about wrestling. She keeps up on some online news but is still a pretty huge mark. I asked her last night about RAW and she said she hasn't been watching the past couple of weeks because the shows are so boring. I feel this is a great sign heading into Wrestlemania.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jake the snake was supposed to get a huge payout for going to wcw but bill watts made him go get his bicycle in a rain storm and he was struck by lightning and drowned in a ditch. i might have this mixed up with another story.

I kinda like your version, it has panache

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DeepDickPizza posted:

I haven't watched more than a segment of RAW here or there in months, but I still talk to a security person at the building I work at all the time about wrestling. She keeps up on some online news but is still a pretty huge mark. I asked her last night about RAW and she said she hasn't been watching the past couple of weeks because the shows are so boring. I feel this is a great sign heading into Wrestlemania.

Hmmmmmmmm well how would she feel about an extended Kane vs Big Show feud?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Vince still gets to totally heterosexually slobber over how BUFF AND TOUGH a big guy is, and most importantly PTP Remains A Thing.

Alex Greenfield shared a story recently about being in a writers' meeting with Vince and Steph and co. and having Vince out of nowhere just start talking about "can you imagine Brian Kendrick... in prison?" and how much of a pretty, pretty man he was.

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK

pressedbunny posted:

Has Cena ever actually tapped out?

What does his towel say?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Alex Greenfield shared a story recently about being in a writers' meeting with Vince and Steph and co. and having Vince out of nowhere just start talking about "can you imagine Brian Kendrick... in prison?" and how much of a pretty, pretty man he was.

Paul London and Kendrick also told stories about how JBL used to come into the showers and watch them soap up and try to touch them, so Jibbles has been Vince's avatar for a while.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pressedbunny posted:

Has Cena ever actually tapped out?

The last time he submitted was the Big Show/Angle/Cena triple threat match at No Way Out 2014, almost exactly 11 years ago

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

The last time he submitted was the Big Show/Angle/Cena triple threat match at No Way Out 2014, almost exactly 11 years ago

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i hope john cena becomes kayfabe paralyzed when he refuses to tap out and has to retire

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it sends a bad message to children that you can and should refuse to tap out when caught in an inescapable hold, as tapping out is something people do, not because they are pussies who lack the sticktoittiveness of John Cena, but to avoid severe damage to their brain, spine or limbs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tezzor posted:

it sends a bad message to children that you can and should refuse to tap out when caught in an inescapable hold, as tapping out is something people do, not because they are pussies who lack the sticktoittiveness of John Cena, but to avoid severe damage to their brain, spine or limbs

That's what someone who doesn't have intestinal fortitude would say.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tezzor posted:

Wrestling is fake.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

The Landstander posted:

I'm a huge geek and did this last year. It's true about 43% of the time, 64% of the time if you remove neutral endings (i.e. last night's Roman vs. Bryan beat down which didn't have a 'winner')

edit: actually this was just for end of Raw segments so a bit different than what you're saying

You're doing the Lord's work.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Alain Post posted:

Wrestling is fake.

Wrestlers routinely no-sell being actually injured anyway.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Wrestling is fake.

Pro Wrestling is real.

People are fake.

-Mr. Anderson

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Tezzor posted:

i hope john cena becomes kayfabe paralyzed when he refuses to tap out and has to retire

I hope rusev is a shoot Russian spy, and legit paralyzes Cena

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

I feel this is a great sign heading into Wrestlemania.
Look serious and point to it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope Cena gets shoot injured but is kayfabe fine and they have various jobbers carry him around the ring like a marionette.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Landstander posted:

Oh wow, nice work. It's close enough though to what I was looking for to give an idea.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Tezzor posted:

I wouldn't be the man I am today if I hadn't learned this important valuable life lesson from Hulk Hogan:

Whenever you're knocked down, just get up on one knee, spazz out a little, then get up and shake your finger "no" at whatever was getting you down.

Never Give Up, brother.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Well to be fair, Brian Kendrick IS a pretty, pretty man.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Can you imagine what he'd be like in prison? Huh? A beautiful guy like Brian? Huh? Oh he's gorgeous. Huh?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That's "former WWE Champion Brian Kendrick".

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gonz posted:

That's "former WWE Champion Brian Kendrick".

That's "former WWE Champion The Brian Kendrick."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

Vince is bi a lot of things, but lingual isn't one of them.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
If Vince—or JBL, for that matter—was caught shagging rent boys in a worn-down motel it would surprise me significantly less than if he was caught with a top-dollar prostitute in a 5* hotel. Of course he'd zone out in meetings fantasising about The Brian Kendrick.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope Cena gets shoot injured but is kayfabe fine and they have various jobbers carry him around the ring like a marionette.

I hope Cena realizes Alcohal is NOT the way to go. NEVER EVER GIVE UP! Especially NOT on yourself. Get outta that Illuminati if you really are in it. That aint the answer you seek. Seek Jessus Christ, & ye shall be saved. Illuminati cant touch you if you truly give your life to Jessus Christ, the one true savior of all humankind.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Wrestling is fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_vzu_oe0P4

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Although the Stardust gimmick is just piggybacking on another Rhodes family gimmick, I liked Cody's reasoning for wanting to get away from the family name. Have there been other examples of a 2nd/3rd/Nth generation wrestler disowning his family because the name hasn't brought him success?

Of course this angle only works if Stardust gets a legit singles push, but at least it's something for Cody other than losing to the same tag team for 6 months.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Didn't see Raw but it sounds like Wyatt vs Taker at Wrestlemania will be a thing?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He's been hammering coffins and talking about dragging someone out of Limbo, so it's either Undertaker or a metaphor for his career post-Cena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cole: And WWE's own John Cena will be appearing on next weeks Parks & Recreation! Thats one of your favorite shows, isnt it JBL?

JBL: HAHA I LOVE AMY POLLER MAGGLE.

• Locked thread