Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.

A misanthrope posted:

Listen to Last Podcast on the Left

it is the best podcast if you like serial killers and laughing and are a gross person

is it about wes craven? is it hosted by wes craven?

replies for OP:
radiolab
joe rogan (no but seriously)
the moth
mysterious universe (weird poo poo, transhumanism poo poo, etc, you'd like this one)
inspiring minds (sciency stuff from motherjones)
pseudopod (short horror fiction)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Ape Fist posted:

I'm not a fan of Rogans comedy or any of the shows he's ever been on but he sure as gently caress does have some straight up amazing guests on his Podcasts. Usually they're either MMA fighters/spectators, Comedians, or Web personalities. Doug Stanhope's appearances on the shadow are pretty much amazing. Also it's not a podcast, but I'm a big fan of TYT.

Doug Stanhope is one of the funniest people alive (how is he still alive??) and I don't know how he is friends with that dumbass Rogan.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

epoch. posted:

is it about wes craven? is it hosted by wes craven?

No it's a horror/comedy podcast and they all worship satan and talk a lot about horrible poo poo, so Last House on the Left kind of fits their vibe I guess.

Henry Zebrowski of "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell" on Adult Swim is one of the guys on there and he is really funny.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I you haven't listened to Walking The Room you are just a straight up chump.

Telling it like it is.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeUREZDlSbo

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
the guy behind monster house, community and rick & morty has a fun podcast called Harmontown

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm always amazed people think Joe Rogan is worth listening to when the man has obviously fried his brain to a crisp

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

A misanthrope posted:

Doug Stanhope is one of the funniest people alive (how is he still alive??) and I don't know how he is friends with that dumbass Rogan.

I think even Doug Stanhope is surprised that Doug Stanhope is still alive.

LethalGeek posted:

I'm always amazed people think Joe Rogan is worth listening to when the man has obviously fried his brain to a crisp

Usually he's smart enough to let his guests speak, although when his guests are really super duper smart he does look like an idiot. He had Brian Cox on the other week and Rogan was literally like a drooling ape talking to him.

Ape Fist fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 17, 2015

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFJ-hFFdI8

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

haha this owns

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
sounds like you'd really enjoy the mega64 podcast

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

I think even Doug Stanhope is surprised that Doug Stanhope is still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrrca_PmViw

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

a starwar betamax posted:

just log onto uhhyeahdude. com and download all 446 hours of free podcasts

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
All of this poo poo that isn't UYD sucks and is for nerds

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Ape Fist posted:

Usually he's smart enough to let his guests speak, although when his guests are really super duper smart he does look like an idiot. He had Brian Cox on the other week and Rogan was literally like a drooling ape talking to him.

I liked when he had Louis Theroux on and went into this unprovoked ten minute tirade about Wesley Snipe's tax situation and how much he loves the Blade series, and you could tell Louis was just loving befuddled. Or when he recently got all weird about demanding the director who made Cocaine Cowboys admit that false rape allegations are common. He's great if you enjoy cringing.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I just got into podcasts myself, after a friend of mine demanded I listened to "Serial" about 9 weeks into the series. I liked it over all and my job allows me to listen to whatever I want all day. Never knew there was forum for this. Thanks!

I don't subscribe to much. Joe Rogan is OK. I don't think he's that good of a comedian, but I'm a huge mma fan so I like when he has fighters on. I LOVE comedian podcasts.

Bill Burr's podcast is probably my favorite. There's something about him just rambling and not knowing how to read that gets me rolling.

The History of Rome sounds pretty cool, so I'm going to start that as soon as I hit post.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
Snap Judgment is pretty good. It's kind of like The Moth or This American Life. Each episode is a collection of stories organized around a theme. One of my favorites was on a cave diver trying to recover the body of another diver.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
history of rome is really good as someone said who i am giving no credit to

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

I like MMA and comedians so I'll listen to a podcast featuring one of those kinds of categories as guests every now and then, but I hate listening to Joe and Eddie drone on forever about drugs for the millionth time like anyone gives a poo poo. I also hate it when Joe tries to talk about science because he's so incredibly clueless. I give him credit for TRYING to educate himself unlike a conservative talk radio person, but he does a bad job of educating himself because he doesn't know how to find reputable sources, and he's into conspiracy poo poo anyway.

boom boom boom posted:

It's really hard to find good ladyboy podcasts

They're called ladyboy poundcasts, you've been searching wrong

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
OP, I'm not trolling here but...did you try a simple google search?

I'm in the same boat as you --not knowing where to find podcasts on subjects that interest me-- so I searched on:

"javascript podcasts"
"web design podcasts"
"classical music podcasts"
"cat owner podcasts"

For each one I got tons of hits, including "best of" lists.

So...try google I guess? v:shobon:v

1K Dollar Chair
Nov 20, 2014
two pages of reccomendations and not one mention of Comedy Bang Bang smdh

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't know any transhumanism podcasts and the only psychology podcast I know of is Invisibilia, which sucks. But some good all around podcasts are:

Uhh Yeah Dude
Comedy Bang Bang
How Did This Get Made
Planet Money
Very Bad Wizards
The Partially Examined Life
Rationally Speaking
The /Filmcast
Norm Macdonald
TBTL

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

Invisibilia, which sucks.

Invisibilia is such a disappointment. You'd think it would be a better show, given the hosts' pedigrees & the premise, but it's not. It's a knockoff of Radiolab, as presented by a couple of 13 year old horse girls having a sleepover.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Just run a search on the Podcasts or Stitcher app if you're on an iPhone, or maybe Stitcher or iTunes if you're on a computer. Maybe Podcast One?

They're basically radio shows, a good deal of te stuff you already know you like probably has a podcast already.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

mysterious frankie posted:

Invisibilia is such a disappointment. You'd think it would be a better show, given the hosts' pedigrees & the premise, but it's not. It's a knockoff of Radiolab, as presented by a couple of 13 year old horse girls having a sleepover.

It's a cross between Radiolab and This American Life, and it's never as bad as those shows can be

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

It's a cross between Radiolab and This American Life, and it's never as bad as those shows can be

I 100% disagree. It's definitely cribbing an amalgam of those shows' voices, but everything about it- from production right down to the narrator's affable-to-the-point-of-precious delivery- feels forced and off key. I'm only sticking around for now because the topics are interesting and it's new, so it might get better once it finds its footing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

mysterious frankie posted:

I 100% disagree. It's definitely cribbing an amalgam of those shows' voices, but everything about it- from production right down to the narrator's affable-to-the-point-of-precious delivery- feels forced and off key. I'm only sticking around for now because the topics are interesting and it's new, so it might get better once it finds its footing.

I wasn't calling it good at all, Radiolab and this American Life can be loving terrible.

I agree that the announcers are bad. They admit that they sound identical, but then try to make a joke out of it? No, that's a genuine problem, it doesn't go away just because you acknowledge it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I wasn't calling it good at all, Radiolab and this American Life can be loving terrible.

I agree that the announcers are bad. They admit that they sound identical, but then try to make a joke out of it? No, that's a genuine problem, it doesn't go away just because you acknowledge it.

I'm just disagreeing with the sentiment that Invisibilia does anything better than the shows it steals from, because someone might infer it's good in some way.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

sawbones is good if you like old doctor poo poo and finding out about bloodletting and drinking urine (i knw you are)

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
No Such Thing As A Fish
How Did This Get Made?
Caustic Soda Podcast
Monstertalk
The History of English Podcast
The British History Podcast
Skeptoid

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The history of rome guy also did a podcast after history of rome called "Revolutions" and its p good from the 6 episodes I listened to.

Also yeah caustic soda is good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I stopped listening to Skeptoid when the guy went to jail and they switched to a rotating line-up of hosts, all of them terrible

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the things you like are bad. there are no podcasts. gently caress you

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

yeah but what about joe rogan?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is good.

Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanaugh eat and review snacks.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I stopped listening to Skeptoid when the guy went to jail and they switched to a rotating line-up of hosts, all of them terrible

Well, I thought the guy from Monstertalk did a good job with that one episode...

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Steve warner dark weekend is one of the better paranormal/ufo casts I listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

doug stanhope podcast is good

judge john hodgeman is john hodgeman from the daily show presiding over petty disputes, its pretty twee and the wes anderson of podcasts but i like it for some reason, and i hate wes anderson. it has some funny jokes

lefty politics stuff,

this is hell! is a chicago radio show thats also a podcast, it's 4 hours long and has pretty good guests, the host, chuck mertz, is good at doing radio

behind the news with doug henwood is another lefty interview show that wont make you want to kill yourself (looking at you democracy now)

• Locked thread