Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm curious to see how many times I can get dunked in a week, count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm conflicted, because I got a great character during a bad run.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I can see it. Flavor probably has at least a minor connection to role. There was no reason to post in character or flavor claim, other than it being funny.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Throwing a vote on pig day one seems like the ultimate cop-out, even a jokevote. It's so safe.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey, can we talk about good comics while we're not playing mafia? Saga continues to be really drat good. I've had a few friends accuse it of perpetual deus ex resolutions, but they're dumb. I guess the worst criticism you could level at it is that the storytelling isn't as good as the worldbuilding and that there could be more Robot Sex, I guess.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I like Sex Criminals.

Ah yeah, Matt Fraction is a good writer that people should like. I'm wondering how much story there is to actually explore there but I guess I don't care so long as it continues being funny.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

What a coincidence. I just read through the fourth volume of Saga yesterday. I feel like if I was really keeping up with the series I'd be bothered by pacing, mainly because the plot seems to meander around a lot. Reading it in trades is fine, although I always feel like I'm just missing something. Like there's some missing element that is keeping me from going head over heels insane enjoying it. Prince Robot IV continues to be the best, although I know there is not a good ending in store for him.

I've only read the first volume of Sex Criminals. I liked it, but I'm just going to wait until a lot is out and binge. Right now I'm hooked on Southern Bastards and it's killing me that it takes so long for the issues to come out.

Well, that's sorta BKV. He always gets there in the end though!

Dr. Hurt posted:

Uhhhh Copra exists.

Hell loving yeah it does.

I dunno if this game will be harder to read with taste on ignore but i guess we'll find out!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

bkv always loses his grip in the early mid stages of his works

-.-

there's no way you are an actual person

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

That's true. I read Y the Last Man in trades and same for Ex Machina so I think his stuff just gets better as a completed project. Mainly because you don't have to wait forever to get to where he ends up going.

:whatup: Copra possibly has some of the best use of colors and panels. It's just an all around great comic.

Even though it's just Suicide Squad But Better, or maybe explicitly because of that, I am so glad I read Copra. I was thinking about trying to turn it into a Mafia game, but how could you convey spirit of Copra? There should be a word for its unique brand of gritty surrealism.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, that's exactly it Hurt. The art is such a labor of love. Once your eyes adjust to it, everything else looks a little weird.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Eh, I dunno. I thought it was a bold decision to completely reboot the Nightcrawler character, but I was hoping that Jake Gyllenhaal would at least discover his mutant abilities in the tag instead of that weird news channel subplot taking up the entire movie.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Glockenapfel's lurker callouts are scummy. We had a weekend start yo. It's a good way to look like you're contributing without actually doing anything.

Rurea used that one emoticon so he's scum. I'd prefer a more interesting dunk but I'm preoccupied writing my own game.

##vote Rurea

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Glock is pretty new, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

This post is the only voteable offence I've seen so far. Resisting attempts to move out of jokephase with only hours before deadline?

##vote rurea

This is also a bad vote. That's pretty clearly not what Rurea is saying, you're misrepresenting a simple position.

##vote Pinterest Mother

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yeah i'm leaning that way too. I dunno why Byers thought it was a great idea to single out a high volume, newish player for a thunderdome.

Rurea you should claim.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Why would scum have a role that put them permanently on the chopping block, it'd never be used!!

Well, it plays off of our community biases and it could force a no-plorp at the last second since it resets votes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rurea is there a reason you haven't claimed?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

All votes are hereby cleared.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rurea posted:

I am The Hood.

Hahaha what the gently caress.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rurea did you seriously claim to have 'the lamest flavor?' The Hood is ~awesome.~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Hood is a villain.

But maybe if I'm remembering correctly, he can see Skrulls?

yeah that seems right

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sorry that's kind of big.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
rureaaaaaa are you an investigative role?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
or maybe it's his hood.

seriously rurea come on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i would generally appreciate the discretion but we have to vote byers or you, so if you have an important role it's better to claim and survive today, even if it means being less effective.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Really? That seems especially weird to me, but flavor speculation is dumb anyway.

Hider is a verifiable role but yeah, I'm a little bugged by how long it took to get this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rurea it was twelve minutes from when I asked you directly to claim and you made multiple posts inbetween then and claimed flavor so yeah, it is weird.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Bleh. ##vote Rurea

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rurea posted:

I don't see the point in arguing over a few minutes time. I

Whatever, Nixon.

I'm sorry to plorp you but between you and Byers it is a rough call.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

exactly, so why did byers do it?

>:\

irrational play isn't necessarily scummy play :\

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha

okay so obviously this was a poo poo thing for byers to do

i accept that

however

i do have some doubt that Rurea is a cool guy who loves planet earth

and a hider is sorta useless once it has claimed

so v0v

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah i would have been so much more willing to play ball with a survivor claim.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Rurea

I AM BATMAN. Little Mac didn't put two of us in this game. It's not Batmen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

:ghost: Someone take care of Lucky for me. :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The posts that Punt killed me over were me breadcrumbing my flavor. It spelled out Hawkeye, using some morse code.

• Locked thread