Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I wasn't going to join more games but I'm joining this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Also: I'll accept Billy Kaplan as my role, thank you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gillen/McKelvie's run on Young Avengers.

It's mostly self-contained and doesn't intersect much with the broader Marvel Universe (outside of Kid Loki being turned into Sexy Teen Loki, I think?), so it's not so much a jumping-on point.

But it's very good and beautiful and clever.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I am vanilla town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

good character, good colour.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm happy to see Effort Taste is among us

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

Are you Mr. T from the A Team? Is that a marvel character?

Please don't troll :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

IT WAS A JOKE WHY DID YOU DO THIS

? why are you so upset

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I like Sex Criminals.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Ah yeah, Matt Fraction is a good writer that people should like. I'm wondering how much story there is to actually explore there but I guess I don't care so long as it continues being funny.

Oh, I guess Matt Fraction writes two of the three comics I regularly read. Huh.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wow

this is the worst thing you've ever said

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's one of the few opinions backed up by actual knowledge

has anyone called you Terrible Taste before

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dr. Hurt posted:

But you just said you liked Sex Criminals. Taste are you a . . . liar?

sex criminals, not Sex Criminals

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

good new comics released in the past 5 years

-

way to poo poo on your secret santa

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

i mean i like things that aren't all that great don't get me wrong

but the last new series i think was really GREAT was probably scalped

you said good though

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

You know what.

You know what!

This is actually so bad it makes me think Hurt is scum.

Because this post is 100% correct and I would expect Hurt to know this. We have talked about this many times. We have talked about this in scumdocs together.

This is not what is happening in this game and there is no way he could possibly believe it is.

Okay, plorp vote real vote.

What this is insane reasoning.

Hurt is saying who he would like to be scum, not who he thinks is scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Taste is really good at making people believe his ridic claims.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

See also the endgame in CS:GO mafia: he was a complete lurky non-entity the whole game, and then came out of nowhere in the endgame with a dumb claim, controlled the agenda, and won for scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

are you the jokephase police?

This post is the only voteable offence I've seen so far. Resisting attempts to move out of jokephase with only hours before deadline?

##vote rurea

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

Resisting attempts? It was a joking question. "Attempts" implies that it was more than one. Plural. Rethink your poopy vote.

nah, i'm feeling it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

This is also a v scummy post. The point of going after a lurker right now isn't because it's to fake content. It's because there's no content. I feel like this is the kind of post a scum would make because they don't have access to the townie perspective (i.e. lack of information), so they feel like there isn't a problem. Also it's awkwardly joke-y.

Yeah.

Somber, why did you vote for the guy you made a jokecase on instead of the guy you called scummy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:siren: THUNDERDOME :siren:

i'm staying where i am

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if it's not, byers is about to get modkilled.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

2. After I realized I forgot, I figured it was for the best because if we could get to a situation where I wasn't dead at the end of today, I would most DEFINITELY be Hiding. If scum knew that hiding had a disadvantage for me, it gives me a lot less leverage with my role.
Why would you hide if you survive? You wouldn't be a likely NK target if you're town, and given yourself a disadvantage seems bad!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm really surprised that Somber visited Asii, the World's Most Obvious PGO.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

catching up~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Semantic point:

Ernie. posted:

Diq is town. Hiipfire is town.

Why rarity? And I can confirm to everyone now that it's unlikely that there is a 3P in the game. My investigation gives me two results 'Earthling' or 'Skrull'. I was trying to bait TT into claiming 3P to see if he were scum that'll take the opportunity at a low point in the game.

"Earthling" isn't the same as "Earth-aligned". I don't understand Asiina in this game unless she's 3p. She's having too much fun for scum Asiina, but is caring too little for town Asiina.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Besides the accidental self-vote being hilarious, I really don't like this post:

Glockenapfel posted:

You've hardly posted, and now you suddenly come out with a fully formed case on me? What prompted this?

Umbrage at being cased, rather than addressing anything Punt said?

Puntification posted:

I'm gonna shame myself and nerd-out: I don't think there was any earth-born humans that were skrull-aligned, canon would actually be Skrulls that were earth-aligned being 3P. 3D-man killed them anyway iirc.

Well I'm implying that it's semantically possible that there are Earthlings who are neither Earth nor Skrull aligned. Loki or something, idl.

I'm specifically looking at Asii's behaviour around Somber dying - she seems to be kind of gloaty/revel in it, while semi-claiming the kill?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

Pmom, this seems like the kind of thing someone who is scum would say given their knowledge of the game thinking town has probably caught up to the same conclusion. Three scum picks?

Glock, Taste, Hurt.

Hurt did some weird posturing around the thunderdome with reasoning that I don't understand, that's why he's on there.

Dr. Hurt posted:

record scratch noise

Dr. Hurt posted:

Reposting for posterity. This is soooorrrt of convincing me to switch to Rurea.

He's acting like someone who is engaged and has seen something and is thinking things through, but I don't see evidence of real thinking there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

How does me saying "I didn't do this" translate into "I did this"?

If the game ever gets to a point where we're trying to decipher night actions I don't want people to think that I did this and it screw up analysis.

Well, you acknowledge that he visited you, and we only had one kill night 2, and you're trying to get people to visit you. I don't put a lot of stock in "I'm not a PGO".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(Posturing was on my word of the day calendar)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I definitely read these posts as bait when I first saw them - Asii talking about how great her role is, deliberately arousing curiosity about herself.

Then Somber visits her and dies in the same night.

Asiina posted:

I got a cool role it is the best.

I feel bad for the rest of you because I am the greatest.

Asiina posted:

Look I am sorry that you are jealous that I am the greatest at everything ever, but this is just sad. Let it go, man.

Asiina posted:

That's rude. Everyone needs to talk to each other.

How else will you all talk about how great I am?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

This is a real question, what would I have to gain if I was either scum or town or even 3P? Can you think of anything? If I'm lying it must be for a reason that is beneficial to me.

and I read these posts as suggesting you got something out of Somber:

Asiina posted:

Thanks for visiting me though Somber. :sun:

Asiina posted:

I'm really not a PGO.

I'm much, much better. For I am the greatest.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We should dunk Glock
##vote glock

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

diqnol's fishing for a claim to corroborate mine

anti town af

your confirmed masonry claim that you drop half an hour before deadline when in danger of being dunked?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

i had two votes on me, get real

so if you weren't in danger of being dunked, you claimed because

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

!
##vote taste

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote trill

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

HiipFire posted:

Diqnol was miller I guess

No - he would have said something about that if he was.

Another possibility:
When Ernie examined Krell, that changed Ernie's power somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've never seen someone unaware of their miller status on SA.

• Locked thread