Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Kyoto, Japan

"Find them," Elektra Natchios growled under her breath, "kill them. Then bring me their bodies so we can make them Hand."

A small team of Avengers had arrived in Japan to deal with a personal issue with the Yakuza-connected mutant known as the Silver Samurai. In the days after the Superhuman Civil War and the death of Captain America, these underground Avengers could not afford to be too reckless in their actions. However, the Samurai had turned out to be in league with the Hand, a group of ninja who can resurrect the dead as new recruits. Elektra, a former ally of the heroes, seemed poised as the new leader of the Hand.

Wolverine, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, and Ronin felt out of their league at first. They had come there to save their ally, Echo, from the Hand, but were now surrounded by hundreds of ninja. Echo, however, was enraged from her captivity and struck at out at her captors. Elektra screamed in pain as Echo drove her sais through her chest. Finally, the leader of the Hand fell to the ground, motionless. Having lost their leader, the Hand quickly evacuated, but one of the Avengers immediately noticed something was off.

"Wait," Luke motioned, "look. Look at Elektra."

The fallen ninja was dead, that much was certain. The problem was when her corpse shapeshifted into that of a green alien.

"What the hell?!" Spider-Man cried. "What does that even mean?!"

"Means I can't trust any of you," Luke replied. "Means if they got their fingers here, who knows who else they got."

"This is a Skrull, Luke," Ronin replied, "they're aliens. Are you trying to say they're invading or something? Why would they want to start a war?" Wolverine leaned down and sniffed the dead Elektra and angrily thrust his claws into the cement.

"Naw, Clint," he grunted. "Luke's trying to say we might have already been invaded -- and we might've already lost the war."

quote:

Westchester, New York... Some days later...

The Illuminati. Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Professor X, Black Bolt, Namor, and Doctor Strange. Perhaps six of the most influential men on the planet. For years they have worked behind the scenes to help guide the superhuman community along its proper course. Some would say they've abused their positions, but that is not what is at hand at the moment. Iron Man had called a meeting.

"It's been awhile," Tony Stark began, "since we've last met. After the Civil War, Cap's death, and what happened with the Hulk, I wasn't sure if you'd meet with me again."

"What do you have to tell us, Stark?" Namor asked, his arms crossed.

"Spider-Woman of the... outlaw Avengers delivered this to me," Stark replied. He motioned to something in front of him, shrouded in a sheet. "This is Elektra Natchios. Some of you know her. She was killed earlier this week." Stark unwrapped the sheet, showing the corpse.

"A Skrull?" Reed Richards replied, stunned. "Elektra was a Skrull? For how long?"

"Don't know, Reed. That's the problem we're facing. They replaced Elektra and who knows since when. It could've been years ago. And yet here we are, unable to detect such a high-profile Skrull. They're saying she didn't set off Spider-Man's senses, and that Wolverine couldn't smell anything different about her. It was a perfect decoy."

"You're trying to say, then," Professor Xavier chimed in, "that we may be under attack?"

"Perhaps. After our past altercations with the Skrulls, they might finally be striking back. Everything is starting to make sense. Don't you understand? Think about the past year. The Avengers destroyed. We're fighting each other. The mutants are all but gone. Atlantis... Nick Fury... Captain America... think of all of that! Doesn't it seem like we're being worked over? Everything is upside down and this is the key!"

"Calm yourself, Tony," Reed replied. "We just need to start planning. We cut it open, dissect it to the molecular level. We find a way to detect them. We plan for the worst. How to hunt them. How to stop them."

"Actually," Black Bolt, the silent King of the Inhumans suddenly interrupted, "I have a better idea. I take the body, and your people die so that my people can live."

Quickly the other five members of the Illuminati were on guard. Black Bolt rose above them, shifting his shape. They knew quickly what he was: A Skrull. An infiltrator. Their group, their secret cabal, had been infiltrated and for God knows how long. Stark's sensors, Xavier's telepathy, and even Strange's magic... it had gone hidden throughout all of it. The Black Bolt Skrull rained repulsor rays upon the group. He had the powers of all six Illuminati members.

The battle was quick and swift, with the heroes barely pulling out a win. However, they knew what this meant. War was coming.

War was coming and they couldn't even trust themselves.

The Illuminati went their separate ways, never to meet as a group again.

quote:

New York, New York... That Same Night

"My Empress," said the short, older, balding man, "it is done. They know of our presence here. Dissent flows among them. They are more divided now than during their little civil war. They do not know who to trust."

"Superb," the woman cloaked in shadows replied, "Stark will be unable to lead them. His paranoia has left him vulnerable. The Captain is dead. Thor has vanished. In days, we will strike at the heart. Ships will arrive soon, carrying warriors bearing the powers of Earth's superhumans. We will take New York. It will be the capital of Tarnax V."

She stepped forward a bit and the light swung, revealing countless others in the room with her.

"My subjects," she continued, "after the years of defeat and humiliation, the Skrulls will no longer be the laughing stock of the universe. We will have revenge for Galactus consuming our homeworld. We will have revenge for the fall of our species in the wake of the Annihilation Wave. We will have revenge for the suffering inflicted upon us countless times by Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four."

She clenched her fist in front of her, "the prophecies were correct. There would be an attack upon our palace, our homeworld would be destroyed, there would come a wave of devastation, and we MUST take a world of blue as our home. We are right here. We are true. Earth is religiously and rightfully ours. We are right. He loves us."

"He loves us," a hundred voices reply in chorus.

The Secret Invasion had begun.

Welcome to Secret Invasion Mafia, a game for eighteen players. The rules are normal, but please note that this is a role madness-esque game and there are some unfamiliar, but also very fun, roles! If that's not your thing, then there's like fifteen other games going on so, like, look around. Also, please note that while I am a big fan of adding flavor, flavor will NOT necessarily indicate alignment. See regular rules below:

• Day phase will be 2 days, night phase will be 1 day. Day phase may get shorter towards the endgame.
  • Deadline will always be 8:00 PM EST. If this is a bad time for you, please do not sign up.
  • Lynches will require a majority vote
  • No out-of-thread communication unless your role allows you to do so
  • No quoting mod PMs
  • No fake day actions
  • The thread will be closed at night
  • Order of night action receipt MAY effect how certain actions interact
  • No talking after the hammer
  • Nuff' said

Lurker Rule: Please do not lurk. I know how easy it is to lurk, trust me, however other players do not appreciate it. If you find that real life is taking up too much time, please request a replacement! It's okay - replacements are good people and so are you!

Player List
  1. Allen Wren
  2. Asiina
  3. Byers2142 True and Real
  4. CapitalistPig
  5. Dr. Hurt
  6. Ernie.
  7. Glockenapfel
  8. Harold Krell
  9. HiipFire
  10. King Burgundy
  11. Opopanax
  12. Pinterest Mom
  13. Puntification
  14. Quidnose Rarity
  15. Rurea
  16. Sandwolf
  17. Somberbrero
  18. Tremendous Taste

The Dead
Rurea - The Hood (Earth-Aligned) plorped Day 1.
Somberbrero - Ronin (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 1.
King Burgundy - Thor (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 1.
Sandwolf - Veranke (Skrull-Aligned) plorped Day 2.
Opoponax - Captain America (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 2.
NO PLORP - Day 3
Tremendous Taste - Venom (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 3

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tremendous Taste posted:

this isn't the league 2

Summer at the latest. It's too big to run while I'm working. :/

Admittedly this is pretty big. But League 2 is way bigger.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

rhu-rhea

You're mispronouncing MY name then! Croo-uh.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Roles are going out very slowly. Thread will be closed until they're out. Thank you for joining!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

New York City, Stark Tower

"My name is Tony Stark," Iron Man says grimly into the monitor. "Some of you might not trust me. Some of you... some of you probably hate me. I need you to trust me now. I need you to listen to me. Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Alpha Flight, MI-13, whoever is getting this message hear me out. We've been infiltrated. Hell, we've been invaded. They could be your teammates, your friends, your spouses - they could be any one of us.

"This is a warning. We're at war. We can't go quietly into the night. Iron Man, out."

Stark shuts off the monitor, smiles, and heads out of the room.

Down below, the Avengers' butler Jarvis opens the door for Tony Stark as he enters the tower.

"I need a breather, Jarvis," he sighs. "I'm going up for a nap before- whatever's next."

"But sir," Jarvis responds, alarmed, "you went upstairs an hour ago..." Jet boosters fire on boots from a briefcase. Stark flies up the tower and when he arrives he finds it startlingly empty. From the shadows a figure smiles.

It is now Day One. Deadline is Tuesday night at 8:00 PM EST.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (18): Allen Wren, Asiina, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, Dr. Hurt, Ernie., Glockenapfel, Harold Krell, HiipFire, King Burgundy, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, Quidnose, Rurea, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 24th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom posted:

I like Sex Criminals.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

Little Mac, could you put the player post history linked player list in the OP? That's a huge tool of mine in these games.

My bad! It is done!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers bursts through a door and oustretches his arm toward Rurea.

"I don't trust you, scum!" he exclaims. "Either YOU go, or I go!"

For the rest of the day only votes against Byers2142 or Rurea will count.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 24, 2015

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm going to go back an edit that as there was no way to easy clear the votes in Votefinder without it acting screwy. Assume votes for Rurea and Byers do not count. Past votes will stay. I apologize for confusion.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

An Apartment In Hell's Kitchen

Parker Robbins enters his home and slumps down into an easy chair. He pulls down his hood and runs his fingers through his hair before sipping on a flask that sits near the chair. He can hear the sounds of someone making something in the microwave in the other room. There's a pang of guilt in the back of his throat as Madam Masque comes through the door and not his wife. She doesn't know about his double life, she has to worry about their baby. He's doing this to provide for her, right?

Masque sits on his lap and caresses his head.

"Rough day, love?" she asks, her metal mask leaning on his forehead.

"They don't trust me, Whitney," Parker grunts, taking another sip. "The Avengers I get. They probably shouldn't trust me. But my own men? I'm out, I think. I think I'm out."

"Shh," Masque whispers, unbuttoning his shirt. "There, there. I'll make it all go away. I'll make it all feel better." She loosens a golden clasp on his chest and his red hood falls to the floor. Parker leans back as the world starts to get a bit fuzzy. He thinks of his kid, of cousin John, of everyone. He leans up and can barely make out Whitnery's face morphing into a lumpy green visage. Once blue eyes glow red and an optic blast pounds his skull into hamburger meat before he can even think to draw his guns.

"He loves you," the Skrull laughs.

Rurea, aka The Hood (Earth-Aligned) has been plorped Day 1.

It is now Night 1. All night actions are due within 24 hours *8PM EST*. Please note priority of some actions may be affected by the order of submission so get those actions in ASAP!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Final Votecount for Day One:

Votecount for Day 1

Rurea (10): Byers2142, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Asiina, Sandwolf, Glockenapfel, Glockenapfel, Somberbrero, Allen Wren, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Glockenapfel, HiipFire, King Burgundy
Byers2142 (4): Rurea, Rurea, Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Rurea, Dr. Hurt, Ernie., King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Rurea
Lynch No One! (1): Rurea
HiipFire (1): Quidnose, Asiina, Asiina, Asiina, Asiina
Tremendous Taste (1): Allen Wren, Harold Krell, Allen Wren
Ernie. (0): Byers2142, Byers2142
Somberbrero (0): Rurea, Rurea
CapitalistPig (0): Glockenapfel, Ernie., Glockenapfel, Glockenapfel, Ernie., Glockenapfel
Asiina (0): Rurea, Rurea
Dr. Hurt (0): King Burgundy, Asiina, Asiina, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, King Burgundy
Pinterest Mom (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Somberbrero, Rurea, Rurea, Tremendous Taste, Somberbrero
Glockenapfel (0): HiipFire, Opopanax, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, Ernie., Ernie., HiipFire, CapitalistPig, Opopanax

Not Voting (1): Puntification

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 24th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Daily Bugle: Morning Edition

Page 2 details how Somberbrero visited Asiina last night.

quote:

An Alleyway Outside Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum

"What the hell happened here?" the reporter asks, ducking under a line of police tape. "That you would have so much police presence, I mean?" There were cops for miles around the alleyway, blocking any pedestrians who tried to pass.

"You mean you don't know?" Captain Watanabe asks. "Your rag posted an expose' on the victim just this morning, Urich. We don't need any Bugle leeches pining for stories about a major crime scene."

"I don't work for the Bugle anymore, Captain," Urich responds. "I'm with Front Line. What do you mean expose'? What are we dealing with here?" Watanabe sighs and then parts a group of investigators to reveal a body in a black and green outfit in a pool of blood. Various bits of weaponry surround the body. Urich recognizes it immediately.

"There's an Avenger down, Urich," Watanabe sighs. "Killed in cold blood in the middle of the night. Word is he isn't the only one. Clint Barton dead in a New York alleyway and now Thor-"

"Thor!?"

"Murdered in his own home. We're dealing with something big, Ben. Two Avengers are dead"

"Well," Ben says, cleaning his glasses, "I guess now they've got something to avenge..."

Somberbrero aka Ronin (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 1.

King Burgundy aka Thor (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 1.

Additionally: Rarity replaces Quidnose and True and Real replaces Byers

It is now Day Two. With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to lynch. Deadline is 8:00 PM on Friday.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Savage Land

"Listen, Jessica," says Shanna the She-Devil, "I just feel like we've had enough with SHIELD business. The thing with Sauron and the prison break a few months back was more than enough. I feel, and this is no offense to you, that we need to stay out of this."

Spider-Woman looks at Shanna sternly.

"It's not that we don't trust you, Jessica. We do. Kevin and I are allies of SHIELD. Right?" Ka-Zar, standing behind her, merely nods. "I'm just saying we want to be left alone." Ka-Zar stands tall next to his wife and places his giant hand on her shoulder. Spider-Woman turns to leave.

"There's a war coming, Shanna," Spider-Woman mutters. "You're going to be involved whether you want to be or not." At that moment, the doorway is blocked by Zabu, the trusty sabertooth tiger of Ka-Zar. The cat looks somewhat worse for wear, bloody and bruised. In the yard behind him Shanna notices another tiger, bleeding out on the ground. Zabu leaps high, slashing the throat of Spider-Woman. Her eyes go wide and she falls to her knees. Shanna screams in anger but the tiger doesn't stop. He jumps and pounces on Ka-Zar, digging his massive jaws into his stomach. Ka-Zar screams but Shanna notices the voice coming from her husband -- is not his own.

Twirling through the air with the grace of a gymnast, Shanna outstretches her spear and drives it through Ka-Zar's skull. She quickly turns back and pops it through the back of Spider-Woman with a sickening plorp. Both of them cough green blood onto the hut's floor. Ka-Zar, his jaw hanging loose to one side, shifts back into the form of a female Skrull. She gags on the blood and coughs it at Shanna and Zabu, who can only glower down that the thing that had replaced her husband.

Alone, Veranke the Skrull Empress dies, trying desperately to whisper to herself over and over again: "He loves you."

Sandwolf aka Ka-Zar Veranke the Empress (Skrull-aligned) has been plorped Day 2. It is now Night 2. All night actions are due within 24 hours *8PM EST*. Please note priority of some actions may be affected by the order of submission so get those actions in ASAP!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Final Voutcount

Votecount for Day 2

Sandwolf (8): Ernie., CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Rarity, Allen Wren, Glockenapfel, True and Real, Puntification
Ernie. (1): Sandwolf
CapitalistPig (1): True and Real, Harold Krell, True and Real
Harold Krell (0): CapitalistPig, Glockenapfel, Opopanax, CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Glockenapfel
Asiina (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (5): Asiina, Dr. Hurt, HiipFire, Pinterest Mom, Tremendous Taste

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 27th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Daily Bugle Morning Edition

Page 2 details the exciting life of someone who goes nowhere, with a special interview with Tremendous Taste!

quote:

The Daily Bugle Offices

J. Jonah Jameson screams at his assistant to grab him coffee and a cronut. It's at that moment that Ben Urich walks into the room.

"You!" Jameson cries. "Traitor! Benedict Arnold! Sam Peterson!"

"Sam Peterson?" Ben asks, sheepishly.

"Bet on the Super Bowl with me twelve years ago and welched on the bet. Urich, what the devil would bring you to my office - without an appointment, might I add?! I've got news to cover and I can't spend time talking to someone with no journalistic integrity." He presses a button on his intercom. "Ms. Brant? Tell production to run that photo of Spider-Man with his pants down for the evening edition. YES, the one from years ago! It's funny and I want it NOW!"

"Jonah," Ben replies, calming his former boss, "I'm here about news. Real news. Jonah, Avengers are dying."

"Serves 'em right for letting Spider-Man join!"

"No, Jonah, I'm serious. First Thor and last night Captain America." Jonah looks confused.

"I... thought he was already dead?"

"A new Cap. His former partner, apparently, Bucky. The one from World War II."

Jonah suddenly takes a moment and pauses. He opens his drawer and looks inside at the framed, signed Bucky Barnes trading card. He slams the drawer shut.

"Urich, you may not work for me anymore but I want us together on this. I'll give you my best photographer and I want this to be a Daily Bugle/Front Line joint story: The Avengers Murders!"

"Best photog? Parker?"

"Haven't seen him in weeks. Someone new. Now let's get to it, Ben. There's news to report."

Opoponax aka Captain America (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 2.

It is now Day Three. With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is 8:00 PM on Saturday. However, I can move it to Monday if the majority of players would prefer to not have a weekend deadline.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

##examine Harold Krell

none of us will figure out his alignment without help, and scum can constantly hide behind an easy vote on him if he were town

this solves that

You emerge from the shadows, demanding Krell fess up. You point your gun at him but nothing happens.

The day continues.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Due to popular demand, deadline is changed to Sunday at 8:00 PM. Skip church and find Skrulls!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Uhhh... the day has ended in a No Lynch? Uh, er, send night actions and be real chill about it and know that I love you. :smith:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Coffee Bean Restaurant and Cafe

Ben Urich sidles up to the woman at the counter and orders a coffee with two sugars. The lady, for her part, seems to have been nursing her cup of joe for awhile now.

"It's cold?" Ben asks.

"How I like it," she replies. "So, I figured you news types would be on time. I mean, when the head of SHIELD calls you, you'd think-"

"I've interviewed SHIELD higher-ups before, Ms. Hill. This isn't my first rodeo."

"Could be your last. You heard about the Avengers murders, yes? Clint Barton, Thor, and now Bucky Barnes?" Ben nods. "This is something big, Ben. They're not discriminating in who the take out. Parker Robbins, the new Kingpin in New York was eliminated last week. Last night we found Venom with a dead symbiote and a dead Mac Gargan. It's not just the Avengers, Ben. It's everyone who could resist, powered or non-powered. Anyone who might pose a threat. Anyone who might stand up. From the heroes to the villains to maybe even cops or SHIELD Agents or-"

"Reporters," Urich sighs. "You don't think they'd really- it's Skrulls, right? The shapeshifters?"

"You've done your homework, then. I'm telling you because we keep tabs on the media, Ben, and we're pretty sure you haven't been replaced. So keep an eye out and an ear out and maybe we can get word out to the right people to stop this before Earth gets wiped out in its sleep." Maria Hill stands up from the counter and walks out as Ben stares down at the piping hot coffee in front of him. It's gonna be a long week.

Tremendous Taste aka Venom (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 3.

It is now Day 4. With 12 alive it's 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is 8:00 PM EST on Wednesday March 4th.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

let's go

##examine True and Real

You fire a gun at True and Real. It determines that he is Skrull-Aligned.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum

Jessica Jones settles in for the night, pulling on her nightshirt and jumping into bed with her husband, Luke Cage. Despite the trying times as of late, she's decided to stick with her man, through thick and thin. She looks over at him.

"You okay?" she asks.

"Naw," he replies. "I'm starting to get the feeling people don't trust me. An' even when they do I get the feeling that I'm makin' too many mistakes along the way. I helped take down the Hood, right? That should've been a good thing but then he ended up dead and I'm wonderin' what we'd be like now if he'd been around to help with the Skrull thing. Would Clint still be alive? Thor?" He shifts uncomfortably, turning his back to his wife.

He suddenly feels a sharp pain in his back. He looks down: three adamantium claws pierce through his chest. His eyes widen at the sight of the blood but he suddenly doesn't feel much like fighting the pain. He knows the feeling: Spider-Woman's pheromones. Jessica wraps her hand around his mouth.

"Shhh, honey," she laughs quietly. "He loves you."

True and Real aka Luke Cage (Earth-Aligned) has been plorped Day 4.

It is now Night 4. All night actions are due within 24 hours. Please note priority of some actions may be affected by the order of submission so get those actions in ASAP!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Final Votecount For Day 4

Votecount for Day 4

True and Real (7): CapitalistPig, True and Real, Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Ernie., Rarity, Allen Wren

Not Voting (5): Dr. Hurt, Glockenapfel, Harold Krell, HiipFire, Puntification

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 04th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Bar With No Name

"Thanks for meeting me here," says the man in the hat and trenchcoat. "We ain't s'posed to talk with no reporters here, but, uh, I mean, it's the most neutral place I can think of, ya know?" The man reaches his gloved hand down and grabs a mug of root beer. He lifts to drink it but stops short of his face, using his other hand to pull up the yellow mask.

'What'd you wanna talk about, then?" Urich asks, sliding the tape recorder onto the table.

"I wanna go on record. I saw one of those things. The green guys? The Skrulls? The ones that whacked the Hood? Yeah, I seen one. Don't publish my name or nothin', Urich. I just wanted to talk about what I saw. It was a big one, I know. Least, I think it was big. It was dark, y'know?"

"Get on with it." Urich sips a coffee.

'I was in an alleyway, casin' this jewelry store, right? And I see this thing, it's body shiftin' its shape. A shapeshifter! Like that X-Men lady, Mystique. Or even Chameleon on some days, I guess."

"Stick to the story."

"Right! Uh, so, this big thing goes up to this barber shop. It's been abandoned as long as I can remember. Just empty chairs inside. It goes in the door an' goes DOWN one of the chairs. It was a secret passage, man! So I'm freaked, right? I wanna go call someone but what'm I supposed to say? 'Hey officer I was about to rob a jewelry store and saw an alien please come to where I am.' So I waited. I hid. Thing comes back out no more than fifteen minutes later so I wait, maybe another half hour, and then I go in. I go in the secret passage."

Ben shifts in his seat. The story's finally getting good.

"I go in and it's like an elevator. So I ride it down for a bit and I realize that maybe this is the alien's lair or whatever and I'm gonna go get a Skrull baby put in my jeans or somethin'! I start trying to escape but the elevator hits bottom and I see the blood seeping on the floor. I take a peek and I see the dead corpse of - wait for it..."

Ben's eyes dart around the room as he waits for it.

"FLIPPIN' NICK FURY! The brained Nick Fury, man, wouldja believe it? Former top cop gets done in by aliens. I ended up leavin', callin' in the body anonymously once I was home. But I'm tellin' you, Urich, it was a scene. It was bad. They get the most hidden of us, man. So are we, like, screwed or what?"

Urich takes a moment to finish his coffee and grab his tape recorder. "That's... a bad sign, Herman," he says. "Your story I mean. Fury dying."

"Not Herman!" the informant cries. "The Shocker! OOP- I mean, uh, no one. Say it was Spider-Man. Whatever." The Shocker orders another drink as Ben contemplates on just what this development means.

Puntification aka Nick Fury (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 4.

It is now Day 5! With ten alive it takes six votes to lynch! Deadline is 8:00 PM EST on Thursday.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

At work for a few hours. Day action will be resolved when I am home. Refrain from posting.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Allen Wren posted:

##snikt Ernie.

Tired of Ernie's excuses, Allen snarls in anger and runs him through. Ernie sputters for a moment, his flesh stretching every which way. He them falls silent on the ground, his form shifting back into that of a Skrull.

Ernie. aka "Mr. Fantastic" Skrull Recruit (Skrull-Aligned) has died Day Five.

The day continues.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 6, 2015

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hello! Sorry for the extremely late flip! I was denied access to the internet for a very long time!

quote:

Thunderbolts Mountain

It’s a cold night at Thunderbolts Mountain and once again Norman Osborn finds himself alone in his office. Stirring a drink in his hand, he stands up and stares into a nearby mirror. He looks in the mirror and can't help but see him grinning back at you. His yellow teeth. His veridian, pocked flesh. His eyes staring deep into the soul. Norman looks into the mirror and sees the Goblin staring back. Sweat pours down Norman's face.

"You're not real," Norman says, taking another sip. "I beat you. You see all this? This is mine. I'm somebody now. I run the Thunderbolts. I run a government agency. Hell, give me time: I could run the whole government! St-stop looking at me." Norman turns away from the mirror.

"Heh heh heh heh," laughs the Goblin.

"Not again!" he cries, turning swiftly and reaching for his medication. "That's not me. IT'S NOT!"

"Oh, but it is," comes the reply from behind him. Norman turns and there he stands, a smoking pumpkin bomb in his hand. The Green Goblin tosses the pumpkin bomb at Norman Osborn who screams as the fire surrounds him.

"He loves you," comes the soothing call of Norman's own voice from behind the wall of flame.

Dr. Hurt aka Norman Osborn (Earth-Aligned) has been plorped Day 5.

It is now Night 5. Please have actions in ASAP! Thank you!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Time passes and, with little fanfare, many seem to think the threat has quietly subsided.

No one has died.

It is now Day 6. With 8 alive it is 5 votes to lynch. Deadline will be Monday at 8 PM since it's a weekend, I suppose. Please feel free to vote beforehand, though!

Also :siren: :siren: MODNOTE: Ernie's flip was slightly incorrect. It has been changed and should reflect it. Please return to read it. I apologize for any confusion. :siren: :siren:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Stark Tower

Harold Krell sits in the living room reading a magazine. He begins to hear voices whispering his name and, all at once, begins to fear for his life. When those who were calling his name enter the room, he is simply... not there.[/i]

The Day has ended in a No Lynch. It is now Night 6. Please submit actions ASAP.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Daily Bugle

"So what've you found?" Jameson asks, rubbing his cigar into an ashtray. Urich merely slumps into his chair, holding close to his chest a folder full of photos and clippings.

"Nothing good," Urich sighs. "Just more dead. More evidence that someone out there is fighting a losing battle and that, come the end of this we're not gonna be in charge of our own planet anymore." There's a cold silence between the two. Jameson sighs.

"You heard from your contacts?" he asks.

"Just some low-level masks who wanted to leave anonymous tips. Nothing big."

"What about Murdock?"

"Haven't seen him in weeks. Jonah, Wolverine died last night." Jameson buries his face in his hands.

"The mutant?" he grunts. "Thought that was his whole power, that he couldn't die."

"Murdered in the streets of Manhattan. No one saw the killer. One of the most prolific superheroes gets murdered in the streets and no one sees a thing." They pause again.

"I think we oughta publish what we got," Jameson sighs. "It might be our very last edition."[/i]

Allen Wren aka Wolverine (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 6. It is now Day 7. With 7 alive it's 4 to plorp. Deadline is still Monday.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Central Park

In the middle of New York City, the battle between Earth and the Skrulls begins to rage out of control.

"At this point, they had given up all pretenses of it being "secret" at all. The Earth was being invaded. In the middle of the city, Avengers, X-men, Thunderbolts, and other assorted heroes did very public battle with an army of Super-Skrulls." From the sidelines, J. Jonah Jameson scribbles this hastily into a notebook, locking arms with Ben Urich. He slips the notebook into his pocket and looks to his friend.

"What do we do, Ben?" he cries over the explosive battle.

"We hide!" Urich yells and they duck into a nearby building.

In the center of the battle, Stark's "Mighty Avengers" seem to be the last group standing, along with assorted Thunderbolts. Ms. Marvel fires a blast at a Skrull who merely phases through it and notes Bullseye running away.

"One of the 'Bolts is off his leash," she says to Stark. "Think we should give chase?"

"Bigger fish to fry, Carol," Stark replies, clearing a path through the Skrulls with his unibeam. Dust and blood clog his vision sensors and he watches as his teammates fall around him: Wonder Man, Ares, even the rest of Cage's team: Echo, Jessica. Iron Man watches helplessly as a Skrull with Adamantium claws runs through Marvel Boy.

"We're losing..." he grunts.

On the other side of the park, near a tree, Bullseye bides his time and uses what few weapons he has left when he approaches a Skrull. He doesn't want to fight this battle: Osborn's dead, so why not just be free? Who's even going to activate the nanobots? As he reaches the edge of the park, a figure clad in red lands before him.

"You knew how this would end, Lester," Daredevil says. "You're not leaving here."

"I do what I want, Murdock! No more teachers, no more books! The world's my oyster, Matt! I can go play baseball, or work for any crimelord I choose. Heck, why not relive ALL my greatest hits? Gimme your current girlfriend's address so I can go leave you a present before I skip town." Bullseye smiles and reveals a sai hidden in his boot. He tosses it at Daredevil who grabs it in mid-air and then, in one graceful move, leaps toward Bullseye and runs him through. He coughs blood onto the bright green grass.

"N-no!" he cries. "You're not s'posed to kill! N-not the way this works!"

"This is how it was always going to end, Bullseye. But take heart." Daredevil pulls him close, twisting the sai.

"He loves you."

"Hank?" the Wasp screams as Hank Pym in full Yellowjacket suit flies onto the field. She smiles as she flutters towards him but then he sticks his arm out and she feels a rumbling in her chest. "Wh-wh-?"

In the middle of the pitched battle, the Wasp begins growing uncontrollably, screaming as she does. Iron Man and Ms. Marvel come to her aid.

"Janet, what's happening?" Stark yells, only to be met with more screams of pain. Carol watches closely.

"It's the Pym Particles," says Ms. Marvel. "Something's wrong with them. She's growing- growing out of control. Tony, she's going to explode and take half the city with her!" Iron Man tries to respond but is forced to contend with two Super-Skrulls who latch onto the arms of his armor. Carol Danvers, knowing that time is short, begins siphoning off the energy being expended by the Wasp's furious change.

"Carol!" Tony yells.

"It's this or the whole city!" she responds. "Sorry, Tony. God, I'm so, so sorry." Carol glows with a bright light and Wanda does as well. Iron Man watches helplessly as the Wasp's explosion is contained, leaving Janet dead and Carol helpless before a cadre of Super-Skrulls. He watches them tear her apart, screaming anti-Kree epithets. He falls to his knees in shock. Removing his helmet, Tony Stark pounds his fist into the ground.

"Anthony Stark," calls a voice. It's a Skrull in what looks to be flowing, priestly robes. "I am Pagon. The one in the form of Henry Pym is Criti Noll. We mourn for your loss, Anthony Stark. Please know that we did not come here to slaughter your people. We wish only to have them embrace change. You see, Anthony, Earth is ours. Our prophets foretold it and our Queen demanded it: Earth is righteously and religiously ours. He loves all of you, Anthony Stark."

Through tears and agony, Stark can only eke out: "Wh-who loves us?"

"God." A blast of energy emits from Pagon's eyes and Stark falls to the ground, cold and dead.

quote:

Inside The Museum of Modern Art

"You think it's over?" Jameson asks, slumping against the wall. "What do we report tomorrow? Are we reporting about a war? How we lost a war?"

"No," Ben Urich replies, his face shifting into a green, bulbous mask. "Tomorrow we report only on the victors, and just how much He loves us." Jameson screams as Urich emits a bright, hot light.

quote:

One Year Later

Parades line the streets of New York City. Though there's still resistance here and there, for the most part humanity has embraced change. Humans take to their Skrull leaders more quickly than the remaining heroes would hope for. There is no more fear or hatred, only servitude to the one true God. The Statue of Liberty is changed into the visage of the departed Veranke to pay tribute to the true Empress of the new Skrull Empire.

And that's what this really is. Within a year, the Skrulls expect to use Earth as a staging ground to colonize the other planets in the Milky Way. Then they'll spread out further, perhaps against the Shi'ar or even further, towards those accursed Kree. Maybe even back to where their old homeworld now lies in ash and cosmic dust. The war in Manhattan is mostly forgotten as anything but a day for Earth's Victory.

The Avengers, of course, are for the most part all forgotten.

The End.

Harold Krell
aka The Wasp (Earth-Aligned) has been plorped Day 7.

hiipfire aka Bullsye (Earth-Aligned) has been endgamed.

CapitalistPig aka Ms. Marvel (Earth-Aligned) has been endgamed.

Asiina aka Iron Man (Earth-Aligned) has been endgamed.

Pinterest Mom aka Pagon the Infiltrator (Skrull-Aligned) has won the game!

Rarity aka Criti Noll the Invader (Skrull-Aligned) has won the game!

Glockenapfel aka Spider-ManSkrull Recruit (Skrull-Aligned) has won the game!

Skrulls Win

Thank you for playing! I hope you had fun!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Moddoc
Design Doc with Roles/Powers/Pre-Written Flavor
Scumdoc
Masondoc

The gists of this game were that:

1. The Skrulls were hopelessly outnumbered and the town had lots of good abilities.
2. The Skrulls could negatively effect those abilities, though sometimes it would give them better abilities (see Wolverine)
3. The Skrulls could offset their small numbers with a recruit.

In retrospect, the recruit was probably too unbalanced and should have been introduced on Day 4 instead of Day 3. Otherwise I think it was pretty balanced? Maybe? I dunno, it's hard to balance something full of powers like this! Whether you won or lost, I hope you enjoyed playing!

Edit: It's also worth noting that a lot of the pre-written flavor in the design doc was written not long after the ACTUAL Secret Invasion came out. I've been sitting on this game for a pretty long time.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

Comments re: my death

I can't defend myself if Allen wren isn't actually told my role. I know you couldn't tell him that I had a cop that I could control the result of Mac, but you could have just said my ability was the skrull ray. Or at least not said I had a sane day cop which I didn't. If I was asked to use my day cop a second time I couldn't even though you told the town I had it......

No I didn't. I told Allen it was one-shot, which it was once you were converted. This is literally the result he was given:

" You sniff around Ernie. for awhile. It would appear that he is "Mr. Fantastic" and he is a one-shot day sane/insane cop." I felt it needed to be told to him what your ability was in the most plain mafia-like terms available. The slash was basically to signify that you had the choice of how it acted, though of course I wasn't going to tell him that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It was tough to word it, to be sure. The Mr. Fantastic Skrull ability is a unique one, but telling him outright that he could choose alignment gives away that he's evil. I wanted room for interpretation.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think it could've been easily interpreted that you didn't know whether it would've been sane or insane. There's a lot of ways that weird result can be interpreted. Wren could've even interpreted his own result as false since you obviously used the day action more than once in-game. I disagree that anything was 100% mod-confirmed.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If this game gives us anything, I hope that we can put the "lynch/cuddle/etc" wars to rest and settle, as a community, on "plorp."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hahaha nah, Thunderdomes are the bestest.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Day One Thunderdomes are kinda weird.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tremendous Taste posted:

Kate bishop claim was on par with hostess fruit pie in believability

For what it's worth, she did shapeshift into Kate Bishop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

One of the most fun aspects of this was mirrored flavor. Whenever someone was nightkilled they received a long, flavor narrative of their death. The killer would get that same narrative from their own perspective. It was a fun writing exercise.

• Locked thread