Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i miss going to the local comic shop and checking out the new releases and getting a fresh tpb (trade paperback for you plebs). the smells of the paper, the vibrancy of the ink. carefully bagging and boarding them up and organizing them by hero, series, writer...

timbs retina ipad helps a bit but i really feel like something is lost from the original analogs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
read a real book

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

read a real book

what do you mean by "real" book. like actual paperbacks? power botton mentions that xe misses doing that very thing in the OP

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

wow that was close

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

power botton posted:

i miss going to the local comic shop and checking out the new releases and getting a fresh tpb (trade paperback for you plebs). the smells of the paper, the vibrancy of the ink. carefully bagging and boarding them up and organizing them by hero, series, writer...

timbs retina ipad helps a bit but i really feel like something is lost from the original analogs

you don't have to miss it. they still exist and survive because they are the preferred medium of a particular kind of audience that demands that *quality*

sometimes during the summer i walk into comic book shops, but i don't know anything about them and don't buy anything. i bet it really pisses them off

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

books are for nerds op

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i miss real face books. they had a warmer feel

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
comics lmbo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i still like books of art and graphic design

new art though. not old paintings and stuff - that poo poo is mega boring

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol "artistry"

ipads are ruining rob liefeld's art!!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
sometimes art books have special paper and printing techniques and i like that a lot

word books should never not be electronic

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i don't think i've actually opened a comic book

graphic novels, on the other hand... :chord:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
what ever happened to that thing where you read books, but it only shows one word at a time, and it was supposed to be all the rage but i never hear about it now?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i don't think i've actually opened a comic book

manga, on the other hand... :chord:

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

can i talk about how much i love jojos bizarre adventure itt? is it safe?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what ever happened to that thing where you read books, but it only shows one word at a time, and it was supposed to be all the rage but i never hear about it now?

http://www.spreeder.com/app.php enjoy

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

and here's the web 3.0 tech bubble version lol http://www.spritzinc.com/

Just Spritz It

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Interested in spritzing the Bible?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

thanks

As a Millennial I posted:

Just Spritz It

that's what i was thinking of :)

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

lol "artistry"

ipads are ruining rob liefeld's art!!

lol, "books"

know who else wrote a book??

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

newreply.php posted:

lol, "books"

know who else wrote a book??

was it hitler?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i was going to say renowned author and nobel prize winner josé saramago, but hitler is correct too

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

As a Millennial I posted:

Just Spritz It

i'm sprtzin here

pram
Jun 10, 2001
A digital copy of My Tank Is Fight

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

power botton posted:

comics are loving gay and fail.

:siren: post a pic of your dick on ipad, or, at least some cum or a reasonable facsimile of cum hitting an ipad screen. ipad must have YOSPOS displayed.:siren:

post it by 8 pacific time tonight or ima probe u

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Smythe posted:

:siren: post a pic of your dick on ipad, or, at least some cum or a reasonable facsimile of cum hitting an ipad screen. ipad must have YOSPOS displayed.:siren:

post it by 8 pacific time tonight or ima probe u

:pwn:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
listen OP i know this sounds like a tall order but heres some advice in one of the few arenas im competent in: fake cum is easy as hell to make. steal a pipette from the lab at your tech company job and load it in there and squirt it on the screen. ezpz

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

what kind of man would fake his yospos cum tribute

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yard salad posted:

what kind of man would fake his yospos cum tribute

a real pathetic weakling thats who. but i know that performance anxiety is real and i dont expect every tom dick and harry to be able to blow a load on cam for thousands of viewers. thats what special effects are for. im just being pragmatic here

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:yikes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bump you peice of poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
comics and ipads - 2 gret tastes beter together. NOT. theyre both foul and for loving losers. post the dick or the cum by tonight OP

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Widdiful posted:

can i talk about how much i love jojos bizarre adventure itt? is it safe?

NO I got banned for jojos

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is the worst ik/mod challenge in the history of this site

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

this is the worst ik/mod challenge in the history of this site

really?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what would you prefer? i defer to your excellent judgement