Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
So I sort of figured this game would not exactly be the Oxford Guide to classical Rome, but I did not know it would actually be this bad, mythologically. Damocles is a centurion now? From the period of the Kings? Or was he a general? And no mention of him being Greek? And barbarians are rampaging around in the forum in the middle of... when exactly are we again? Nero was running around in the flash-forward, so I assume this is the middle of the Judeo-Claudian dynasty, or the mid-first century AD? And who the hell are these random "barbarians", anyway?

Er... so... what can I find here then?

Um... the Fourteenth? Yes, so the Fourteenth Legion, Gemina Marcia Victrix (usually just called Gemina). Founded by Caesar during the Gallic wars in 57 BC. They were one of the units Germanicus took when he led his campaign to punish Arminius for the massacre at Teutoburg Forest, and fought in the Dalmatian campaign in 9 AD. Their biggest claim to fame was during the Britannian campaigns under Claudius and Nero, but something tells me I shouldn't say much more about that, in the vain hope, perhaps, that this game will find something to do with actual history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread