Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

This thread is for posting buildings that are ugly but functional, beautiful but moronic, poorly built, poorly placed, or will kill you for some reason.

We were just talking about this thing in a LAN thread. It's 200 stories high and a condo. Towards the top you've got about a 30 degree slope. Besides the obvious danger of imminent death to passersby, there's the fact that the wealthiest condo buyers in the building, on the highest floors, get windowless apartments for half of the year. This was actually built in tyool 2014.

Why doesn't that building work properly? IE, why do the windows fall off? IDGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Dely Apple posted:

Why go through the simple and rational purchase of a pre-built home that has had real construction and inspections done when you can just make one yourself, like in Minecraft

To be fair, most construction workers don't know what the gently caress they're doing, and most foremen are drunk and lazy. When my parents built a new house, my Dad hired 3rd parties to "inspect the inspectors" and they found so much poo poo wrong with the build job.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Dave Concepcion posted:

hold on to your trilby because this sounds crazy, but there's so much ambient light coming in with all those windows that you'll only have a few hours each night to fully enjoy crysis 3 unless you invest a kings ransom in tarp

i would like all that natural light. it would save on the electricity bill and also i get depressed without enough sun (i even have a special Vitamin D lamp that I use everyday b/c it is so loving dark all the time in new england).

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Ivor Biggun posted:

:spergin: Goons would design for maximum efficiency

too much above-ground living space.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
i don't know why architects ever thought it would be a good idea to build largely windowless buildings. like, what's the thought process there? how did that even become a popular school of design?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

anyone else besides me who unironically loves brutalism?

From Page 5:

concerned mom posted:

goons love brutalist architecture news at 11

• Locked thread