Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

My friend linked me this article. It's very good.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-order-1886-dev-says-internet-is-the-new-playgr/1100-6425374/

quote:

"Why do we feel like we have to always measure things first and foremost in terms of quantity?" - Jan

The Order: 1886 is going to be an extreme trainwreck but I think it will be popular enough on Games for someone to buy a banner add or some really retarded smiley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the imp zone is too full of mentally ill and evil fucktards so know this: he is right

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

the imp zone is too full of mentally ill and evil fucktards so know this: he is right

He is right, but his game is going to be a steaming pile of rear end.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-u5tvQC34

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I saw this game on the late news the other night and the devs were talking about Gamergate. Isn't that an internet thing?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Silver Striker posted:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-order-1886-dev-says-internet-is-the-new-playgr/1100-6425374/

The Order: 1886 is going to be an extreme trainwreck but I think it will be popular enough on Games for someone to buy a banner add or some really retarded smiley.

the entire games thread is making fun of it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
*nod* yes, truly. the internet is a new place for bullies. tell me about these "pogs" and the Cellulars Phone the kids talk about.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

His laughter is almost as magical as Rich Evans'.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

the entire games thread is making fun of it

That's epic. Now if only someone would help Knuc out with this Gamergate thing we could have a real successful thread.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

*nod* yes, truly. the internet is a new place for bullies. tell me about these "pogs" and the Cellulars Phone the kids talk about.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I think it's related to Gamerghazi, but I've never been sure how. Someone fill me in?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I don't think number of hours means jack poo poo but when making a game try to, at the very least, make a gameplay more interesting than that latest Rambo game, an on-rails shooter, and TLOU failed at that

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They should have called it 1887 and given you akimbo 1887s pre patch

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

program666 posted:

I don't think number of hours means jack poo poo but when making a game try to, at the very least, make a gameplay more interesting than that latest Rambo game, an on-rails shooter, and TLOU failed at that

if the gameplay's more interesting it means people will play it more times which means hours matter even less

program666
Aug 22, 2013

The first portal is short as gently caress with no replay value

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Also Limbo, limbo is ok

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Running around with marathon lightweight and akimbo 1887s looking like t1000 with icicle hands blowing people's heads off would sell a lot of games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Silver Striker posted:

its going to be a bad game and im looking forward to making GBS threads on the games thread

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
being short isn't bad if a game has good replay value. being short and having no replay value kinda sucks though.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
I'm guessing there will be a bunch of hot steaming loads of memes from his game.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

program666 posted:

program666 posted:

The first portal is short as gently caress with no replay value

That's true and you make good points, but Portal 1 also isn't sold as a $60 game that is going to be a "filmic" experience.

Basically I think arguing about length is dumb but when your game is yet another boring cover based third person shooter when it could have been absolutely anything else in the world you should be killed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I saw this game on the late news the other night and the devs were talking about Gamergate. Isn't that an internet thing?

Yeah, what's up with that?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Running around with marathon lightweight and akimbo 1887s looking like t1000 with icicle hands blowing people's heads off would sell a lot of games

I'm still waiting for a game based off the Javelin glitch.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

even after all these months I still dont understand exactly what 'gamergate' is/was

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Being critical of a product and its development company is now bullying.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

even after all these months I still dont understand exactly what 'gamergate' is/was
it's terrible

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Y-Hat posted:

it's terrible

Oh? Do tell. I don't really know anything about it.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
This game is awesome

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Yeah, it's a really vague topic. I'm not exactly well informed about it at all as well. Does anyone know about it at all?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Don't respond to this post, guy who is dangerously close to getting owned.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

http://www.gamersgate.com/

About GamersGate

GamersGate is the leading digital distribution platform for PC and Mac games creating easily accessible gaming experiences for gamers worldwide – anytime, anywhere. Offering a “client-free” experience that eliminates the need for a bulky client interface, gamers anywhere can now access their games without any third party involvement.

With the largest catalog of games available for download on the web (currently over 6000), GamersGate offers a strong selection of AAA publishers (including EA, Ubisoft, SEGA and more) and a dynamic variety of niche and indie publishers.

To serve the growing community, GamersGate rolled out the industry's most robust loyalty program with the launch of Blue Coins. Blue Coins are earned through various kinds of user activity on the site, but can also be purchased directly with cash. Users can earn Blue Coins by writing reviews, ranking games, and participating in the Game Tutor program.

The Game Tutor program is a mentorship system where users can ask questions to other users regarding difficult levels or other game related questions. The user who provides the solution will then be rewarded with Blue Coins.

GamersGate continues to redefine the download industry with the launch of several accompanying services including in-game chat functionality and other comprehensive tools. For additional information, please contact pr [ at ] gamersgate.com.

If you need help, please contact our support team - https://www.gamersgate.com/support

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Order (from le turner diaries) 1488

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

nah

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

In my defense people buy like 5 banner ads per MMO and recently someone bought one for a CYOA steam game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Silver Striker posted:

In my defense people buy like 5 banner ads per MMO and recently someone bought one for a CYOA steam game.

Misery loves company.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Iron Casanova posted:

http://www.gamersgate.com/

About GamersGate

GamersGate is the leading digital distribution platform for PC and Mac games creating easily accessible gaming experiences for gamers worldwide – anytime, anywhere. Offering a “client-free” experience that eliminates the need for a bulky client interface, gamers anywhere can now access their games without any third party involvement.

With the largest catalog of games available for download on the web (currently over 6000), GamersGate offers a strong selection of AAA publishers (including EA, Ubisoft, SEGA and more) and a dynamic variety of niche and indie publishers.

To serve the growing community, GamersGate rolled out the industry's most robust loyalty program with the launch of Blue Coins. Blue Coins are earned through various kinds of user activity on the site, but can also be purchased directly with cash. Users can earn Blue Coins by writing reviews, ranking games, and participating in the Game Tutor program.

The Game Tutor program is a mentorship system where users can ask questions to other users regarding difficult levels or other game related questions. The user who provides the solution will then be rewarded with Blue Coins.

GamersGate continues to redefine the download industry with the launch of several accompanying services including in-game chat functionality and other comprehensive tools. For additional information, please contact pr [ at ] gamersgate.com.

If you need help, please contact our support team - https://www.gamersgate.com/support

oh thanks, i was wondering what all the fuss was about.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it definitely looks like a lovely rear end game and I personally am glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701266&pagenumber=8#post441745595

• Locked thread