Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701266&pagenumber=8#post441745595

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

oh wow

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

342 dollars :stonklol:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

program666 posted:

The first portal is short as gently caress with no replay value

Silver Striker posted:

That's true and you make good points, but Portal 1 also isn't sold as a $60 game that is going to be a "filmic" experience.

Plus, portal had harder versions of all the maps and speedrun-esque challenges on top of that. Also portal had gameplay. It's not comparable in the least.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone please fleece that guy of everything he owns.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

why would I want 3 copies of the order 1886?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I still have Bonzibuddy64 on steam so I guess I can let him know

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

apropos to nothing posted:

why would I want 3 copies of the order 1886?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

good goyim

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The dev is right but I'm not sure what he was expecting with a $60 five hour game with the final boss being a reskin of a random enemy and also a QTE.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

seiferguy posted:

The dev is right but I'm not sure what he was expecting with a $60 five hour game with the final boss being a reskin of a random enemy and also a QTE.

Oh, word?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

memy posted:

Plus, portal had harder versions of all the maps and speedrun-esque challenges on top of that. Also portal had gameplay. It's not comparable in the least.

And portal-based gameplay doesn't come up nearly as often as QTE and cover shooters.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
If you go and you eat a steak, if you pay $100 for a steak that tastes like the best steak you've ever had in your life but it's only 200 grams versus paying the same price for the worst steak you could want--but it's all-you-can-eat. There's an argument to be made that one is better than the other depending on who you are. If you just want to be full all the time then all-you-can-eat terrible steak, maybe that's for you?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

koolkal posted:

If you go and you eat a steak, if you pay $100 for a steak that tastes like the best steak you've ever had in your life but it's only 200 grams versus paying the same price for the worst steak you could want--but it's all-you-can-eat. There's an argument to be made that one is better than the other depending on who you are. If you just want to be full all the time then all-you-can-eat terrible steak, maybe that's for you?

Uh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

koolkal posted:

die vampire!!!! *thrusts a steak up your heart and rear end*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's a Philly cheese steak

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
GS News - $114,000 Kickstarter Goes Dark; The Order Is A $100 Steak?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It's a Philly cheese steak

:whitewater:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Another successful contract

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I saw this game on the late news the other night and the devs were talking about Gamergate. Isn't that an internet thing?

all I know is that hellthread is the gayest thing on these forums so I dunno bout this video game...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

huh!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

koolkal posted:

this is gay too

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I didn't read any of this thread, and didn't know about this game until the OP. I wikipedia'd it and apparently it's 5 hours long for a $60 game.

:tf2necknope:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bioshock Infinite was about as long, yet a lot of people didn't care. Ok, maybe it was a bit longer because you'd have to retrace your steps through an area for bullshit reasons like the fight with the ghost.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I didn't read any of this thread, and didn't know about this game until the OP. I wikipedia'd it and apparently it's 5 hours long for a $60 game.

:tf2necknope:

What the? I can't believe the famous TF2 Nope-saying Engineer isn't a smiley already.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

memy posted:

koolkal posted:

Meaning thread is full of fat pigs with no taste.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

this is gay too

Except it's a good point??????

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

program666 posted:

Except it's a good point??????

the simile is gay because the order is obv a all you can eat steak priced at 100$

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
breaking news: console exclusive game is actually garbage

more at 11

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

People talking about length are missing the bigger picture: The Order is a cover shooter that's just a cover shooter. Gears of War was a cover shooter that also had a popular and nuanced multiplayer mode. Vanquish was a cover shooter that gave you insane toys to play with, including actual movement abilities. Uncharted was a cover shooter that was also Prince of Persia sometimes. Max Payne 3 was a cover shooter that was also MAX PAYNE.

People are fine with pressing a button to hug a wall, so long as you give them something fun on the side, which The Order doesn't have.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

People talking about length are missing the bigger picture: The Order is a cover shooter that's just a cover shooter. Gears of War was a cover shooter that also had a popular and nuanced multiplayer mode. Vanquish was a cover shooter that gave you insane toys to play with, including actual movement abilities. Uncharted was a cover shooter that was also Prince of Persia sometimes. Max Payne 3 was a cover shooter that was also MAX PAYNE.

People are fine with pressing a button to hug a wall, so long as you give them something fun on the side, which The Order doesn't have.
Is this a copy/paste or what? I can't tell after you went all YOSPOS about video codecs in another thread.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

koolkal posted:

please do not post here ever again

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Frank Horrigan posted:

breaking news: console exclusive game is actually garbage

more at 11

Sony exclusives since gow are a linear downslope in gameplay while rising the movie feel for the kind of casual that like this kind of thing. Gow is already a casualized DMC with a huge focus on feeling like you're playing a movie

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

program666 posted:

Sony exclusives since gow are a linear downslope in gameplay while rising the movie feel for the kind of casual that like this kind of thing. Gow is already a casualized DMC with a huge focus on feeling like you're playing a movie
Hm, the casuals, yes.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is this a copy/paste or what? I can't tell after you went all YOSPOS about video codecs in another thread.
Wow, harsh. :(

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
that steak thing is a direct quote from the dev, who apparently has actually come from the shareware age

review embargo lifted today and it seems to be ggetting such great grades as 3.5/10 and 5/10

the highest i've seen was 6.5 from ign and imagine: party babies got a 7.5

can't wait for the dev to rant about game journalism being evil and how nintendo power is biased

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hm, the casuals, yes.

He's not wrong.

Doctor Goat posted:

that steak thing is a direct quote from the dev, who apparently has actually come from the shareware age

review embargo lifted today and it seems to be ggetting such great grades as 3.5/10 and 5/10

the highest i've seen was 6.5 from ign and imagine: party babies got a 7.5

can't wait for the dev to rant about game journalism being evil and how nintendo power is biased

Game journalists need to stop bullying devs on the internet. :saddowns:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ah, the casuals, destroying gaming with casuality, yes, very much.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

These reviews sound pretty bad but I can't actually read any of them in their entirety because every single gaming "journalism" website crashes my iPad trying to load

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ah, the casuals, destroying gaming with casuality, yes, very much.

The internet also allow for the bullying of the hardcore gamer it seems

• Locked thread