Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXV: Mysteries of the West Indies

Click picture or link for video

Whereupon our delightful rogue captain Edward Kenway ventures to mysterious islands set in the far corners of the West Indies on a search for treasure that will uncover the secret possessions of some of the great privateers in the history of the West Indies. Also featuring a surprise guest you must not see to believe...

Honestly, the Season Pass stuff, if you already have Freedom Cry, is entirely cosmetic and is pretty worthless if you don't care about dressing up. Fortunately, I do, and can share these nice little bonuses you get from getting all the treasure on these three special islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXVI: The Melancholy of Charles Vane

No commentary over cutscenes

Whereupon Edward Kenway sails with his old friend Charles Vane into dangerous waters, and embarks upon a course he cannot change. With me is a familiar swashbuckler.

This whole bunch of missions with Vane is rather interesting, but not for reasons that will be apparent until close to the end of the game.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXVII: A Friend in Need

Whereupon Edward Kenway, after the fall of his friends Calico Jack and Charles Vane, seeks to ensure his eternal friendship with one Milo van der Graff, who has found himself afoul of the British and Spanish Empires. Kenway must assist his friend in these last desperate hours of his innocent trading career. That breathy guy clings to this video like a barnacle alongside me.

It's too bad the guy doesn't show up as a unique NPC model on the ship after the final mission. It would have also been cool if the game would have let you add The Hollander to Kenway's Fleet, but alas, you cannot.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXVIII: Havana Days

Whereupon Edward Kenway, notorious pirate and brigand, among other stories, returns to the site of his first adventures to track down the last of the wayward Templar Keys and put to rest a spirited lovers' tiff. SubponticatePoster joins me for this latest batch of Edward villainy.

It has been a while, huh? I decided to take a break over the holiday season because I knew Toffile and Subponticate's schedules would likely be a mess, not to mention my own. But we're back, and into the home stretch of the game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Classic Nemesis relationship. It's not any easier to have someone else pull the trigger.

via Hark! A Vagrant

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXIX: The Most Wanted Man

Whereupon Edward Kenway, incurring the wrath of his trusty first mate in regards to his long search for Black Bart and the secret of the Observatory, discovers the location of the man from an unexpected, but unwelcome source.

Yeah, like I say in the video, this was kind of a rough video to record, but I did it, and that's what counts.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 4, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yikes, it's been almost two months since this thread was posted in? I have no one to blame but myself for the long delays, which have been for one reason or another.

Good news, though! 30 and 31 have been recorded, so they should be going up within the next couple days.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
I don't have much content to post, but I wanted to say I've been liking these and watching them. Didn't want you to think there was no audience, because this is definitely enjoyable.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXX: The Ambition of Black Bart

Whereupon Edward Kenway, brigand and pirate who has taken his quest for the Observatory to the coast of Africa, has returned to the Caribbean to assist the notorious outlaw Sage Black Bart in his ambitions. The dashing rogue that has made his motto "A merry life and a short one" threatens to destroy all that Kenway has built up.

With the usual suspects in tow. A blanket big thank you to SubponticatePoster for her services from here on out. I would not be able to complete this LP until...November were it not for her. Yeah, I know it's been two months, but it's been a rough couple months for me, and I'm ready for the home stretch of this game.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXII: The Observatory

Whereupon fulfilling the promise made to the Pirate Edward Kenway, terror of the Caribbean Sea, the rogue captain Black Bart brings his ally to long-fabled Observatory. What follows is a tale of deception, redemption, and Edward Kenway reaching the depths of his fortune as he seeks a new path in life.

This one was a mess to record, in three separate parts for one reason or another. Also, Part 31 has been recorded, but hasn't been finished just yet. It will be done soon, Hopefully I can also get 33 and 34 recorded this week.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXI: A Snake's End

Click picture or commentary for video

Captain Kenway, notorious pirate, bandit, and all-around troublemaker, finds himself on the verge of finding the Observatory, his long-sought desire. But trouble pops up from an unexpected source and he will be forced to deal with an old friend before the truth is revealed by the Sage Black Bart.

Yeah, Uncharted 4 reference in the title is intentional, but I feel it appropriate. I've got a bunch of videos done, up to Part 36, so I will attend to them presently. My trust first mate joins again.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXIII: Creed

Returning to the site of one of his greatest failures, Tulum, on the coast of Mexico, reformed man Captain Edward Kenway attempts to make good on his obligations to the Assassins. He has lost much, gained little, and sees himself as a man adrift.

So I was in the theater a few days ago, and saw a trailer for the Assassin's Creed movie, out this December. Personally, I'm cautiously hopeful it will turn out good. From the trailers alone, seems like it's hitting the right notes, but I dunno. It could certainly be my own biases toward this series speaking, but I'm willing to give it a fair shot. Oh yeah, Toffile's here, as we finally close a long, large circle in this game.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

You do know that there's no game sound in the video, right?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXIV: One Loose End

Edward Kenway, recently disabused of notions of striking it rich and making his fortune with the profits from the Observatory, seeks to put things right be killing all important figures who remain, starting with Governor Woodes Rodgers of Jamaica. The curtain is closing is closing on this sad tale of greed and loss.

Just two more regular gameplay videos to go. Though, again, we've still got Freedom Cry to do. It will be the first of this game I've recorded for many years. Also Toffile's here, whatever.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 28, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Technowolf posted:

You do know that there's no game sound in the video, right?

That's, uh, something I did not notice. This'll be a fun project to solve.

Edit: maybe not. I still have the source videos for 33, the ones that were uploaded, and the game audio is there. Verdict is...I have no idea what happened.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 8, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Update 34 has been fixed. I'll get 33 fixed as soon as possible.

In other news, I am planning on recording the last big part of the main game very soon. At least we can get some new content deployed hopefully.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXV: Edward the Legend

Edward Kenway, aboard the notorious vessel Jackdaw brings his ruthless band of justice to the Caribbean, as he humbles the pride of the Spanish and British fleets, and settles his longest-lasting score. But how much revenge will satisfy the great captain? With the great exploding mummy and SubponticatePoster with me, along for the latest great adventure on the high seas.

Incidentally, this is one of my favorite videos that I've recorded. Except for the final part of the video, and only kinda sorta, it mostly went according to plan. Quite pleased. 36 will be coming within the next few days. Football days are always good days to catch up on LP work.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Yeah, sticking El Impoluto in the northwest is a major dick move. Decently upgraded the ship, pretty confident in your skills, you go to the easiest area to fight the legendary ship there... and promptly get the mast rammed up your backside.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXVI: Captain Kenway's Folly

As this tale of revenge and redemption upon the Caribbean sails into the sunset, reformed brigand Captain Edward Kenway reflects on his actions, and the long trail his life has taken him after leaving Swansea to make his fortune. What he gained, lost, and realized during these long years, he will carry with him throughout the rest of his life. exploding mummy sails along with Kenway during this last adventure.

And yep, that'll do it, more or less, for Black Flag's gameplay. Some extras I mentioned I will record in the coming days, but finally, *finally* we're so close to the end we can taste it. Aside from the two videos I have now (Abstergo hacking / ending), Aveline + 100% completion cheat will cover a video, Freedom Cry maybe 2-3. Time to start thinking about what Creed I'll do next. Right now, Brotherhood is very tempting.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXVII: Corporate Espionage

The Desmond Tapes
Subject 0 Tapes
Subject 1 Tape
Random files, and the story of Prague at the height of the 17th century
A cheater's life

Where we join our nameless, faceless protagonist as he wakes up to an...unwelcome sight, before quickly being given freedom to wander the building, searching for knowledge and computers to hack in his or her quest to gather knowledge on the mysterious corporation.

Yeah, this update is more or less a clearing house for all the extras that didn't make it into the main playthrough. The ending should be coming very shortly, but don't forget we still have Aveline and Adewale's side stories. Stay tuned. Oh yeah, and exploding mummy's here.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXXVIII: The Parting Glass

No commentary version of ending

In which Edward Kenway....

And here we are, the ending of Assassin's Creed IV. The original plan was to watch the credits scene, then say goodbye and you could watch the credits if you so choose. Instead, the plan morphed into asking everyone present, and who has been with this thread since basically the start, what they thought of the game the saw, and in exploding mummy's case, his thoughts on the series in general. I offered my thoughts, but you can listen to the whole discussion in the first video. I had fun with it, but I had no idea we were going to be able to go the whole distance.

Next up, is Freedom Cry. I believe I can get the whole DLC down to 5 parts, which will all be posted together in single update. Part 1 has already been recorded, but again, the entire DLC will be posted at once.

As for the discussion we had of Kenway's fate after Black Flag, the Wiki covers it better than any of us were able to, at the time of recording. And yes, Robert is related to Duncan, the guy we killed at the very start of the game to get the Assassin robes.

Assassin's Creed wiki posted:

After a decade in the West Indies, Edward returned to Britain and received a pardon from Robert Walpole. He soon acquired an estate in London and married Tessa Stephenson-Oakley, with whom he fathered a son named Haytham. He quickly joined the British Brotherhood of Assassins, rising up to the rank of Master Assassin, and eventually, leader. Continuing his work as an Assassin, Edward researched the First Civilization, and kept the research in a journal. In 1735, he was killed by mercenaries in the employ of Templar Grand -=Master Reginald Birch, in order to acquire the journal.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I think this is my favorite rendition of "The Parting Glass":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMdoGet2A8

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
EX Update 1 - Freedom Cry

Part 1: Regular, Cut
Part 2: Regular
Part 3: Regular
Part 4: Regular, Cut
Part 5: Regular, Cut

Welcome to the 5-part Freedom Cry series. It's the major DLC expansion to Black Flag, and features Adewale as his arrives in Saint-Domingue at the height of the 18th century slave trade. Part 1 covers Ade's arrival in Saint-Domingue, Part 2 chronicles how Ade acquired the Experto Crede, Part 3 is sailing around the available world map and uncovering its secrets, Part 4 is the discovery of what's going on, and Part 5, is of course, the resolution to everything. I may or may not get around to Rogue at some point in the future, but it's not a huge priority at the moment. Do enjoy.

Oh, and these screenshots were sent to me by my first mate.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
EX Update 2 - Aveline

This is the second, much more minor, DLC add-on to Black Flag, originally available exclusively on PS3 but later available on PS4 / Xbone / PC, telling the story of Aveline du Granpre's visit up to Rhode Island and the liberation of the slave Patience Gibbs. It's about 40 minutes long and you're not particularly missing out on anything earth-shaking if you gloss over it, but here it is.

And at long, long, looooong last, it's the end of the thread, everyone. This thread went on much, much longer than I was really intending it to. Black Flag is a pretty long game, but there's no particular excuse I can offer for it taking this long. I thank everyone who has stayed with this thread and watched the videos for their patience, and I'm glad to have revisited this game, occasionally taxing as it was. As we decided on in the final main game video, next Assassin's Creed I'll revisit is Brotherhood, probably for the PS4, once I actually have the Ezio Collection and time to play it again for myself and the forum.

Once again, everyone who has kept up with this thread and watched the videos has my thanks, and in particular, SubponticatePoster and Toffile / unpronounceable name / exploding mummy / exploded mummy for their commentary and support for this thread. Thanks a million, you two.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 14, 2016

• Locked thread