Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
¿??????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
In: Little girls
Out: Mustaches

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I dont even really know what the order is

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eye of Widesauron posted:

a cinematic experience, apparently.

Today's pretty much the first Ive heard of it, I think. Maybe someone said it in hushed tones in the past.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

cover shooter

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Let me help you op: the last of us was a game.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the latest ps4 system seller

program666
Aug 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

In: Little girls
Hell even Jesus probably had some excuse to being creepy, like "it's just drawings" or something

elf help book posted:

Out: Mustaches
I unaccept

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TLOU actually has a pretty respectable gameplay-to-cutscene ratio and is fun to play.

The Order is like MGS4 but shorter and more boring and therefore a lot worse

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oh. Well I hope it does allright sales wise then even if it's not my cup of tea.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I haven't played TLoU or The Order, but my opinion on the matter is important becau- *makes loud braying noises while hammering keyboard with closed fists*

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

hgavent played either of them and i never will. step aside console trash.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hmmm... How about "the hors d'oeuvre 1886" is there a joke there.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The imp zone has more threds for the order 1886 than Games.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hmmm... How about "the hors d'oeuvre 1886" is there a joke there.

exactly 1886 pigs in a blanket were sent to reviewer sites as bribes and the message they sent across is that they have little wieners

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

program666 posted:

¿??????????????????????????

That said, would someone mind buying me an avatar with the Nortons friend of the family gangtag?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Oh. Well I hope it does allright sales wise then even if it's not my cup of tea.

it prly wont the game is so bad the publishers have even given up defending it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope it fails miserably so these brain damaged idiots will stop trying to make Cinematic Film Video Games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only guy who knows how to make a game like a movie, but better, and also just a better game than most people, is Kojima. You morons. gently caress YOU!!!!!!!! The order can suck this fat nard sack.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I hope it fails miserably so these brain damaged idiots will stop trying to make Cinematic Film Video Games.

That won't stop them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That won't stop them.

Then I hope all of them fail miserably and bankrupt there respective companies and put the idiots out on the street.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Then I hope all of them fail miserably and bankrupt there respective companies and put the idiots out on the street.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

The imp zone has more threds for the order 1886 than Games.

Games typically has one thread for each game because it is a grey forum

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

David Cage will somehow keep getting the funds to put more people pissing into new video games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

more like 14/88 bc the games industry is tainted by the evil race of israel that should be wiped off the map. Heil Niggler

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
is TLOU really that good? everyone says it is but it just looks like a boring rear end cover shooter with zombies and I really cant muster the will to wanna play it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Mustering The Will To Game: Challenges and Adversity in the World of Digital Dalliances (2015)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

is TLOU really that good? everyone says it is but it just looks like a boring rear end cover shooter with zombies and I really cant muster the will to wanna play it

It's good

program666
Aug 22, 2013

At first I thought TLOU most important characteristic was how the characters interact with each other, since it's the only actual argument even the most vociferous fans are able to crap out of their mouths, but recent events make me think it's because it has more hours.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

It's pretty good, and has some really tense action sequences because the zombies and crazy people will gently caress you up so you sometimes have to choose going sneaking around if you don't have enough ammo.

The environments are also pretty sizeable allowing exploration and taking out enemies beforehand. Like you can snipe from a window and take dudes out down the street, so then the other guards will react and when they're flushed out you just lob a bunch of pipe bombs their way. It's pretty great.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 19, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's pretty good, and has some really tense action sequences because the zombies and crazy people will gently caress you up so you sometimes have to choose going sneaking around if you don't have enough ammo.
Woah, tense stealth sections in a survival horror game? This game must be the spiritual successor to Resident Evil!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Woah, tense stealth sections in a survival horror game? This game must be the spiritual successor to Resident Evil!

It's not survival horror. There's just gross looking fungus people, but it's pretty much a straight action game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's not survival horror. There's just gross looking fungus people, but it's pretty much a straight action game.
So it's Far Cry 4.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

So it's Far Cry 4.

Lol

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

So it's Far Cry 4.
Yeah but the fungus people are not wearing purple suits like they are in FC4.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
so what you're saying is that in FC4 the fungus people are fun guys unlike tlou

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

The environments are also pretty sizeable allowing exploration and taking out enemies beforehand. Like you can snipe from a window and take dudes out down the street, so then the other guards will react and when they're flushed out you just lob a bunch of pipe bombs their way. It's pretty great.

thanks, if the stealth is at least passable like you make it sound then I'll enjoy it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah but the fungus people are not wearing purple suits like they are in FC4.
It's okay to rip off FC4, the game is an influential classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

program666 posted:

At first I thought TLOU most important characteristic was how the characters interact with each other, since it's the only actual argument even the most vociferous fans are able to crap out of their mouths, but recent events make me think it's because it has more hours.

It is also fairly fun to play, at least if you play on Hard. If you play on Normal or lower the game throws ammo and crafting materials at you like crazy and nothing is very fun because you can just shoot everything. On Hard or above resources are pretty scarce so you actually have to use multiple approaches to every situation and it can be fun and tense.

• Locked thread