Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
:italy: :japan:
:italy: :italy:
:italy: :italy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Those Ducatis sure aren't poo poo anymore!

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Those ducs sure did come strong. Great to see, even got a little chuckle at the Hondas. So what exactly happened to Marc at the beginning? Was he really just to hard on the start? Seems rookie.

Was crazy watching the ducs in the straights though. It'll be an awesome year though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Did Lorenzo have an actual issue that made him drop off so badly in the last half or did he just choke cause it's the first race of the year and he's Lorenzo?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Some padding in his helmet slipped down and covered part of his eyes, so he couldn't see properly. (Apparently).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oh. So the second one.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

rotaryfun posted:

So what exactly happened to Marc at the beginning? Was he really just to hard on the start? Seems rookie.
He's always made mistakes, especially on the start. Usually he bounces right back, though. Maybe the Hondas don't have the technical advantage they used to?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Just watched Moto2, holy gently caress, Zarco almost hosed himself up on the pit wall due to being too busy trying to diagnose his shifter... Had he looked up a split second later it would have been ugly.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Slavvy posted:

Oh. So the second one.

Considering that's the bit of the visor they actually look out of I'm inclined to believe him.

Helmet issues are not uncommon, Spies had an HJC visor fail on him once I remember and it fogged up in the wet conditions.

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He's always made mistakes, especially on the start. Usually he bounces right back, though. Maybe the Hondas don't have the technical advantage they used to?

I don't know. The guy ends up starting dead last and comes in 5th, that's still pretty impressive, especially if it's true that a lot of the bikes in the field have caught up tech wise. I am glad I bought tickets to CotA, I can't wait to see what happens on the front and back straights with Duc vs Honda.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Now that were some proper racin'; I'm kind of glad the races are so short because I was running out of fingernails to bite.

Also: Bob Varsha! I've missed you so!

Edit: Also Also: Are there no spectators at the Qatar circuit? What's the deal with that? It seems like Bernie's ultimate dream.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 31, 2015

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
They were saying that no one was there but it looked like the biggest crowd I had ever seen. They get so few people that there are only stands in the start/finish but they're usually empty. There were people there this year.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't that where the soccer world cup is next time? A place where there are no spectators to watch it? What a dream for athletes.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://motomatters.com/news/2015/04/01/dani_pedrosa_to_make_shock_moto3_switch_.html

lol

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I loving hate today.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
You thought it was real for like 3 glorious minutes didn't you:

"Well, at least he's out of MotoGP, but KTM, but he's out of MotoGP, but he's on KTM - I guess it's ok...

GODDAMNIT"

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Nothing can take away my joy that pedrobot is DONE.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Other than taking up a good seat, is he really so bad?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He's like the stirling moss of gp. Best rider never to win a championship.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Stirling Moss has a personality though?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Stirling Moss has a personality though?

True. I admit that my first analogy was going to be something about Evander Hollyfield but he actually won the championship :shrug:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Slim Pickens posted:

Smarty pants in Georgetown plays races sometimes, check their online schedule and see.

Thanks for this. Looks like they do replays at their Wednesday bike nights. They showed Moto 3/2 as well. What a killer race.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

George Zimmer posted:

Other than taking up a good seat, is he really so bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYtUQ6cXkgY

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand
Posted this in the Austin thread too, but re-posting here because there are like, 4 of us in this city.

I've got a free weekend guest pass to the races at CotA if anyone has a hankering to go see loud noises but doesn't yet have tickets.

PM me for deets.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What the crikey gently caress was going on there?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The bikes aren't made to be ridden slow or tightly and he made a little mistake.

Pedrosa is clearly a class rider and has deserved the Honda seat every time, if you think he's poo poo pick a year and name a better choice.

Frankly he lucked out with Stoner's retirement and Simoncelli's death because if either of them were around he would have been out of the seat IMO. Besides them there is no one else that Honda would want that could provide more than he has for them, and he's a known quantity.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

He's criminally boring, and he's holding down the best factory seat in racing.

I may even agree with you that he has been the only logical choice for HRC, but he's never going to get a championship so I'd rather see him gone and put someone interesting in his place. He doesn't even usually make for good racing unless Lorenzo is intentionally parking it (Finale, 2013).

When he was a rookie I loved him; rocket starts, aggression, fast as hell, but 7 (8?) years of factory Honda... get it done already.

If this forces HRC's hand and the seat goes to someone new, I'll be happy to see that happen. If someone has to power down the robot, that's too bad, but I'll live - and the racing wont suffer.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
He's Randy Mamola with no personality to back it up. And I like the guy, all things considered.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

lol gently caress April 1st

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

GriszledMelkaba posted:

lol gently caress April 1st

Whingeing bogan fuckhead doesn't stand in for robot racing midget, CA breathes a sigh of relief.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
You're a moron.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That hurts dude. After everything we've been through :qq:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah I know but you've been getting away with posting extra dumb stuff recently so I gotta go back to the old days.

People seem to be taking that tweet as he wanted to ride but Honda said no but that is moronic. He was just responding to the deluge of tweets by confirming for the 100th time that he's done racing motogp. He's been out for like 3 years and still has to deal with the media BS.

Opening weekend at Qatar, Stoner posted some pics on twitter after being fairly idle. They were of his daughter, him fishing, and him at a MX event. Dude does not care about GP in the slightest and good for him.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Anyone going to be at CotA this weekend? The girlfriend's mom got us pit passes :getin:

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
There are a few of us that will be there. I'll be with the poor in GA. We should have a check in for the race. Some of us have posted in the Austin thread about it.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Sweet, I actually need to figure out where we'll be, I'm not sure which seating tickets she got us.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'll be there all weekend, also in the poor's section

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
We'll see who's laughing in August, you Texan bastards!

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I'll be there in spirit. Inshaallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Well I was gonna post here about how FP was starting but we're 40 minutes in and the session has not started for some odd reason. The world feed says: FP1 session start delayed as track staff deployment underway.

The track is kinda wet but nothing crazy and the marshalls are all standing around the track. 40 minutes in an the BT Sport guys just said that they aren't sure what's going on either. LOL Texas. Very Odd.

If you're looking for a cricfree way to watch BT Sport2 I'd ask google for help.

• Locked thread