Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Well??
Qdoba (the right answer
Moes
Chipotle
View Results

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Freebird's beats all of those for fast food burritos.

This person get's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
What is Moe's?

Also Qdoba sucks hard.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
You can fax in your Chipotle order and skip the line... and they're better than Qdoba. When they get an order that way they literally stop the line to make that one instead. It's crazy. However Chipotle has no queso dip.

http://pancheros.com/ Is the best.

indoflaven fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 24, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I just found out a new Moe's has gone in across the street from Chipotle. Which was already in the same block of stores as Taco Bell.

All of it down the block from Tijuana Flats, so gently caress those guys. I'll be at the hot sauce bar.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 24, 2015

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

A Bug posted:

Cafe Rio

yesssss best tortillas.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Chipotle vs. Freebird's in the fight where I live.

Chipotle has better meat, and way better rice, but is somehow a BURRITO PLACE WITH NO QUESO OR REFRIED BEANS. Freebird's also has cayenne tortillas.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Doom Rooster posted:

Chipotle has better meat, and way better rice, but is somehow a BURRITO PLACE WITH NO QUESO OR REFRIED BEANS. Freebird's also has cayenne tortillas.

By those standards Taco Bell has some pretty good burritos

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Doom Rooster posted:

I think this is on a location by location, at least for Freebirds - there's 2 freebirds about 10 minutes from me. One of them has awful food quality, the other one (that's been there for ages) is outstanding. You'd think that working from the same recipes, the same suppliers, etc. you'd have some consistency among locations but I guess not.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

A Bug posted:

Cafe Rio

everythingWasBees posted:

Baja Fresh is pretty good, though.

Both of these things are awful garbage, and you should get the gently caress out of any burrito discussion.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I live next to The Freebirds and it's pretty okay. Like it's a better version of Chipotle but I'm a San Diego Mexican food snob so nothing ever satisfies my lust for good burritos around here.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Philip Rivers posted:

I live next to The Freebirds and it's pretty okay. Like it's a better version of Chipotle but I'm a San Diego Mexican food snob so nothing ever satisfies my lust for good burritos around here.

I already posted about Santana's. The only chain burrito worth talking about.

It's a horrible thing to move away from the land of acceptable burritos.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

indoflaven posted:

You can fax in your Chipotle order and skip the line... and they're better than Qdoba. When they get an order that way they literally stop the line to make that one instead. It's crazy. However Chipotle has no queso dip.

http://pancheros.com/ Is the best.

the gently caress is "fax"?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BLARGHLE posted:

Both of these things are awful garbage, and you should get the gently caress out of any burrito discussion.

Their salsa singlehandedly makes it worth it. :colbert:

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Chipotle - crowded enough to not get old food, so it wins

Qdoba - everything is sugary tasting and more expensive than Chipotle

Moe's - is for dumb white people who feel threatened by having to say a "weird" name. It comes with a bacteria buffet salsa bar and is also more expensive than Chipotle. They also let their rice get so dry it's crunchy. Gross.

Special Mention:

Hot Head Burritos - exactly like Moe's but trashier. Like the only peppers available are pickled jalapeņos trashy.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago
Every time I've had Qdoba the sour cream has been ice cold, gently caress that noise.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I already posted about Santana's. The only chain burrito worth talking about.

It's a horrible thing to move away from the land of acceptable burritos.

Santana's isn't even that good. Why would you visit chain places in SD when there are holes in every single wall that blow any chain ever out of the water?

I'm only here for school anyway. There's a few good places in the surrounding area but their burritos are expensive and teensy.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Cause like, sometimes you discover that it's 3 in the morning, and you're in IP, and you really can't drive anywhere, and the only way you can get sustenance is to walk the 2 blocks to the brightly lit Santana's and get burrito'd up.

I mean, clearly it's not as good as the zillion other places around, but sometimes it's all you've got.

And it's STILL completely leagues ahead of Chipotle/Moe's/Qdoba/Freebirds/Whatever.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Qdoba is the TJ Maxx version of Chipotle. It's definitely not as good as Chipotle but it's not outright bad.

Moe's is legitimately gross. poo poo is straight up grody. I feel bad about how you were raised if you think this is in any way acceptable food.

Game, Chipotle.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Qdoba breakfast burritos are awesome. They also come in "half" sizes, still obscene but a lot closer to sane. Everything else about Qdoba is vastly inferior to Chipotle. Worse meat, worse rice, waaay more salt. Though Qdoba's spiciest salsa is better than Chipotle's spiciest salsa. Chipotle even makes a point of sourcing local meat and vegetables. When you have to have a corporate burrito, Chipotle is the clear winner. But Qdoba is a fine choice if, you know, that is what you have to work with.

Moe's is utter garbage. The only person I can imagine eating at Moe's and enjoying it is Bill from "King of the Hill" because he is so desperately lonely that he needs people to be nice to him (but not too nice, like a waiter, that would be too personal and scary).

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shooting Blanks posted:

Freebird's beats all of those for fast food burritos.

Correct.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Has anyone said Shitpotle yet?

Because that's what it is. The local ones are so unkempt that I feel like I feel like I'm eating whatever bacterial civilization has formed on the table surface rather than anything delicious .

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

ColdPie posted:

the gently caress is "fax"?

A feature on your printer if you're wealthy enough to afford a land line. The last time I went to Chipotle I was next in line and literally had to wait 10 minutes while they made the faxed in order. It was bullshit, so I'm doing that from now on.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

indoflaven posted:

A feature on your printer if you're wealthy enough to afford a land line. The last time I went to Chipotle I was next in line and literally had to wait 10 minutes while they made the faxed in order. It was bullshit, so I'm doing that from now on.

I just say "I faxed in a pickup order...."

"Uhh is it a chicken burrito with guac for dave?"

"Yup"

"Okay, 9.35"

:smug:

Works at Jimmy John's too. gently caress standing in line.

Tim-may!!!
Jun 22, 2002
+infinity on Freebird's. I haven't eaten at a Shitpotle since the first time I discovered Freebird's. I'm a bit pissed that they got rid of their traditional crispy tacos, but still.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Is this thread nomadic? The posts in here are confusing as hell.

Why is nobody here disdainfully recommending we make our own burritos?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

the littlest prince posted:

Is this thread nomadic? The posts in here are confusing as hell.

Why is nobody here disdainfully recommending we make our own burritos?

Because that leads to somebody pointing out that burritos are a sandwich.

Then, the thread turns into a bloody Subway/Blimpie/Quiznos debate.

"All of those suck," someone correctly states. "Real sandwiches come from pizza joints."

A simultaneous debate occurs between the terminology: is it a sub, a hoagie, or a grinder while arguing over pseudo-pizzas created at Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's.

Someone decides to try to create a pizza, but it looks like protoplasm because the camera doesn't capture red.

Finally, someone makes a Prok's mom joke. At that point it's too late. We've unwittingly cloned the chat thread.

GWS already has a chat thread. We don't need another one. Keep your drat homemade burritos to yourself so we can argue over wannabe-Mexican garbage like civilized people.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
guys, qdoba has cholula

how are you all so wrong?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Dude, if you are making burritos at home, just make chapli. They are the best.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Might I point out that burritos are, in fact, technically sandwiches in their own way?

I therefore nominate Subway for best burrito.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Might I point out that burritos are, in fact, technically sandwiches in their own way?

I therefore nominate Subway for best burrito.

Totally valid, but the thing is, the best sandwiches come from pizza places.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The correct answer is the local taqueria with the cement floor that makes their own tortillas. You all know the one.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

the littlest prince posted:

Totally valid, but the thing is, the best sandwiches come from pizza places.

Domino's beats Pizza Hut by a small margin. Papa John's should have to pay a fine every time they refer to their product as "pizza."

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Freebirds World Burrito.

Pretenders get out.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
if you can't bring yourself to admit that Chipotle is hella good you're nothing but a straight punk

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BurntCornMuffin posted:

for legal purposes (there are actually laws about what constitutes a sandwich) they aren't though

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Party Plane Jones posted:

for legal purposes (there are actually laws about what constitutes a sandwich) they aren't though

Yes, they are.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The People's Republic of New York doesn't count (USDA regs supercede them anyways), they just want their tax dollars from it

Matt18001
Feb 28, 2015
My choices for mexican food within a 10 hour drive are make it myself or freezer aisle crap.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
the only answer to any of this is unironically "taco bell"

if you're going to eat poo poo just embrace it I mean goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Burritos are closed hot dogs which are a known sandwich.

gently caress yes taco bell. Don't recall my last fast food burg, but taco bell is in my future.

• Locked thread