Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

theres this game called Styx: Master of Shadows which got bad reviews and nobody has ever heard of it but its prolly the best stealth game to come out in like the last year or two and I like it
There was an Imp Zone thread making fun of this stupid steampunk goblin nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Little King's Story

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Startopia I just remembered

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

theres this game called Styx: Master of Shadows which got bad reviews and nobody has ever heard of it but its prolly the best stealth game to come out in like the last year or two and I like it

i saw someone play it and it looked extremely boring because of how insanely dumb the enemy ai was

DUHHH THE GOBBO IS RUNNING INTO A BIG POISON CLOUD BETTER GO CATCH HIM

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah its a bad game but I had fun sneakin around in it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
starbound

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark Souls II and Metroid Prime 3

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like FF8. I like it better than 7.

hubris.height posted:

that game is really good and i don't know why people don't like it

you play max who is this adventure dude with a live in girlfriend who gets called to fight a goldfish causing earthquakes and sinistrals, dump your live in girlfriend for a hotter sorceress chick, knock her up, and leave on an adventure to save your son and then in the end you get loving murked like a bitch saving the world (iirc)

and the ancient cave is awesome. there's a rom with a patched ancient cave that also fixed the text on the equip screen bug

The graphics bug is bad too. I play it on ROM even though I own a physical copy of the game because some of the later dungeons look like glitched out garbage.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That yugioh game for gamecube, some janky but fun game called gotcha force, gay poo poo like that

also ive never got a friend to like kirby air ride as much as i do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like Chrono Cross for more than just its music.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dragon age 2

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

chumbler posted:

Word.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
n-thing the sonic heroes appreciation.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

n-thing the sonic heroes appreciation.
You would.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Unguided posted:

yea same

Dec 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

yeah it did look pretty nice didnt it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Unguided posted:

The graphics bug is bad too. I play it on ROM even though I own a physical copy of the game because some of the later dungeons look like glitched out garbage.

FF8 was really easy to break and I appreciated that

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I liked Conqueror 1086 A.D. and Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm... gonna say... wasteland 2

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
I'm going with The Last Remnant.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Starcraft: Broodwar was the best time playing videogames I ever had.

It's a pity no one plays it anymore.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There were a couple platformers for the SNES with a prehistoric dinosaur setting called Joe & Mac. I really like the second one even if the final boss is bullshit

There were a couple RPGs for the Gamecube with a real-time card-based battle system called Lost Kingdoms. Again I like the second one more but they're both fun

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Lufia II; I still replay the ancient cave every once in awhile.

This game is Good with a capitol G. I remember i got stuck on a couple of puzzles about midway through the game and when i told my mom she helped me out :unsmith:

It was the only time we ever gamed together

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Looper posted:

There were a couple RPGs for the Gamecube with a real-time card-based battle system called Lost Kingdoms. Again I like the second one more but they're both fun

The 2nd game is a legit good game, the first one was kind of rough though.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

I like both Baten Kaitos games, especially Origins.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
*turns dramatically toward the camera as the music rises* There were a couple of third person adventure shooters for the PS1 called *music stops as the camera zooms in on my mouth saying* Mega Man Legends

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Iron Casanova posted:

The 2nd game is a legit good game, the first one was kind of rough though.

Yeah having random encounters in the first game is a real bummer

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the mega man games for the GBA where you got cards sort of like a deck was pretty fun

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the mega man games for the GBA where you got cards sort of like a deck was pretty fun

People hated battle network for some reason but I couldn't get enough of them

Minea
Feb 14, 2013

I'm sure it'll go away
I found Chain Of Memories really fun, and no one else seemed to like it

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Idk if people like metal gear ac!d 2 but i do

Zelda 2 is really cool and hard

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
did somebody say minecraft???

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
both the girls in metal gear acid 1 and 2 are hot

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Minea posted:

I found Chain Of Memories really fun, and no one else seemed to like it

I liked it

That weird trend of card-based games wasn't as bad as it should've been

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did anyone else play the Lord of the Rings game for SNES? My brother and I loved that, playing as Frodo and Sam. I didn't find out till later that the game was hated.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Resident Evil 6

Max Payne 3

Only a idiot would hate max Payne 3.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

chumbler posted:

everything about it is great except the plot really, just that the plot somehow ruins It. Like I think the plot of FF8 is legitimately good so my standards aren't exactly high but man did that plot blow goats

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bifner McDoogle posted:

everything about it is great except the plot really, just that the plot somehow ruins It. Like I think the plot of FF8 is legitimately good so my standards aren't exactly high but man did that plot blow goats

triple triad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

That doesn't really have anything to do with the plot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

seiferguy posted:

That doesn't really have anything to do with the plot though.

Triple triad was my favorite thing about FF8, aside from being able to completely break it about three hours in and steamroll your way through it. Triple Triad made the game worth getting and made it one of my favorite FFs. Thanks

• Locked thread