Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I like SNES Shadowrun better than Genesis Shadowrun, and I also think that EDF: Insect Armageddon, although not as good as either of the other 2 EDFs, was just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

NickRoweFillea posted:

Triple triad was my favorite thing about FF8, aside from being able to completely break it about three hours in and steamroll your way through it. Triple Triad made the game worth getting and made it one of my favorite FFs. Thanks

Fair enough. Yeah if you could get the random rule eliminated from circulation it became super easy to get the cards you wanted and just use a bunch of character cards to own every opponent.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
South Park for N64

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wootman posted:

South Park for N64

the fps?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Power Stone 2

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

yes

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
it was the poo poo and i played the lovely split screen deathmatch all the time with friends

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Riviera: The Promised Land really isn't that good but I like it anyway, probably for the anime ladies

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Looper posted:

Riviera: The Promised Land really isn't that good but I like it anyway, probably for the anime ladies

Yggdra union as well

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
quest 64 uniracers final fantasy 2 and probably a lot more because i feel a lot of times people go into games with biases and i try not to do that cuz it gay lol i have been rewarded far more often for trying new games than been burned

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dota 2

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Eve online

And not the space ship spreadsheet game with the same name, but the free lovely fantasy MMO made with some kind of MMO maker or something in the late nineties.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Gitaroo Man but a bunch of nerds like that so never mind.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i'll second whoever said the battle network games. also FF3 NES is one of my favorite FF games for some reason. the ds remake can suck my balls though.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is this the thread where everyone takes turns posting triple A titles pretending they're the only ones in the world who liked them, a la gfaqs?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is this the thread where everyone takes turns posting triple A titles pretending they're the only ones in the world who liked them, a la gfaqs?
Ys

Dec 26, 2012

Looper posted:

its ok, i like it

thuly posted:

Yggdra union as well

this one was better though barring the weird poo poo you can miss out on unless you know to look for it specifically and hold off on using items and etc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gonna have to go with Mario, Final Fantasy VII, and World of Warcraft.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Holy poo poo, I can't believe someone else's parents bought them Mario when they were a 90s kid.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brave.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Civ 5.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Lufia II; I still replay the ancient cave every once in awhile.

da gently caress are you talking about lufia 2 is a classic. that game has better puzzles than most zeldas. that loving yellow and red block one, christ that poo poo was hard

i liked suikoden III a lot. its the only one where i could get all stars with no guides. also suikoden V is my favorite ps2 game

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I found conception 2 okay for some parts.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
pool or radiance: ruins of myth dranoor

u know
the game that deleted system32 when u uninstalled it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thuly posted:

Yggdra union as well

Riviera is flawed but Yggdra is legit good

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
I absolutely loved Blood 2 when it came out and couldn't get enough of it (played this before ever playing the original).

Now in retrospect it's kinda bad especially when compared to the first Blood but I still think it's a halfway decent late-90's FPS, the cheesy one liners are cool and some of the weapons are cool like the flying claw orb thing, the voodoo doll, and the flare gun (though the last two were also done better in the first game).

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I like Blood Omen 2. Even the plot.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Big Scary Owl posted:

I like Blood Omen 2. Even the plot.

One of my favorite series. Excellent taste, Big Scary Owl.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
CHAOS LEGION

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
I'll be a Space Quest fan until the day I die. Roger Wilco forever

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I really enjoyed Aquaria.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Drakkan (1 and 2)

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Custom Robo for GameCube. Spent such an obscene amount of time playing that game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

Drakkan (1 and 2)

If I'm thinking of the right games (Lara Croft rides a sweet dragon?) wasn't the problem with them more just bugs than outright bad design? They always struck me as pretty decent candidates for a remaster or plain rerelease on GOG or something.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

chumbler posted:

If I'm thinking of the right games (Lara Croft rides a sweet dragon?) wasn't the problem with them more just bugs than outright bad design? They always struck me as pretty decent candidates for a remaster or plain rerelease on GOG or something.

that's the one

yea the idea was solid but the games were buggy pieces of poo poo. the second one less so. but i always had fun exploding barrels and the game's version of trolls by setting them on fire and such.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

babypolis posted:

da gently caress are you talking about lufia 2 is a classic. that game has better puzzles than most zeldas. that loving yellow and red block one, christ that poo poo was hard

i liked suikoden III a lot. its the only one where i could get all stars with no guides. also suikoden V is my favorite ps2 game

Lufia 2 was fantastic, and I still don't get why people like the first more than the second. The first was a slogfest to get through with no real puzzles and the combat system was unintuitive. Hordes of enemies? You can't select who to attack, it selects the one with the highest HP.

Dec 26, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I really enjoyed Aquaria.

i wasnt aware that was uncommon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exmorte posted:

Custom Robo for GameCube. Spent such an obscene amount of time playing that game.

It's good

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
unironically mountain (2014)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I don't think people outright hated it, but I spent a lot of time as a kid playing Breakthru. I love that goddamn game.

• Locked thread