Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graff
May 10, 2012

gigging with hardware is definitely a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Graff posted:

gigging with hardware is definitely a thing

it sucks to do when your gear weighs a hundred lbs.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
people like to see poo poo on stage that isn't also on their desk at work

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
workstation boards are your friends, honest. embrace the sampling rompler. velcro a blofeld or pulse2 to the thing if you want. don't hump a poo poo load of gear everywhere

unless it's stacks of modular obv

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Startyde posted:

embrace the sampling rompler

seems like nobody's on board with this yet. it's the reason why i lugged the 2500RS around for a couple years

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Stick a raspberry pi or similar in one of these badboys

Or just run it through a Death Metal and some reverbs

Edit: whoops though this was the A/N/D thread.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 6, 2016

Graff
May 10, 2012

NonzeroCircle posted:

Stick a raspberry pi or similar in one of these badboys

Or just run it through a Death Metal and some reverbs

Edit: whoops though this was the A/N/D thread.

You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this! *holds up receiver of toy phone*

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Power Ambient posted:

seems like nobody's on board with this yet. it's the reason why i lugged the 2500RS around for a couple years

went from a 2500 keyboard to a k2661, dunno what im gonna do if it breaks down
don't look like a k3000 is ever happening

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Startyde posted:

went from a 2500 keyboard to a k2661, dunno what im gonna do if it breaks down
don't look like a k3000 is ever happening

the pc3k is the new one but i don't think they're making a rack version. the software is really nice though and almost worth the price of admission

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i literally have an akai s2800 and an emu e6400 sitting in a rubbermaid underneath the bus because theyre cool af but man i aint got room for this poo poo.

when i do my live bass/guitar pa stuff its just a laptop and my custom pedalboard now

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

i literally have an akai s2800 and an emu e6400 sitting in a rubbermaid underneath the bus because theyre cool af but man i aint got room for this poo poo.

when i do my live bass/guitar pa stuff its just a laptop and my custom pedalboard now

i miss my dead gay hardware samplers (akai and emu)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
did we already have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSMA2s4yYRA

Graff
May 10, 2012

just wondering how they going to arturia it up

Graff
May 10, 2012

*knobs crumble like caerphilly cheese between your fingers as an asthmatic whine escapes the kick drum and the drumbrute deflates with a fart. a french guy with a stripy jumper, baguette, and beret cycles by. "No refunds, English scum," he shouts*

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
A curious pitching error where the lowest note the kick plays is G#5 when set to a even numbered bpm?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://twitter.com/natepatrin/status/743856258986315776

Graff
May 10, 2012

hello friends. i built a little midi start/stop pedal for my friend to use with her korj minilogue so she can control the sequencer with her feet whilst playing the guitar. thing is there's a half second or so delay after sending MIDI Start system realtime message before the sequencer starts. any ideas on where I'm loving up?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
does it have any concept of bpm, is it maybe starting playback on the next beat/measure?

e: hook a PC midi interface up, send the note-on or whatever and see if the lag follows

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

does it have any concept of bpm, is it maybe starting playback on the next beat/measure?

e: hook a PC midi interface up, send the note-on or whatever and see if the lag follows

that's what we were thinking so we fiddled with the bpm of the sequencer but the delay was of a consistent length regardless - about half a second with a flashing "midi clock" alert before it starts. stop command is instant.

works fine on the volca beats tho

oh, we tried setting the clock source to "internal" vs "auto" and it stopped responding to midi start/stop altogether

then we tried smoking some afghan black and now we're just stoned and it didn't help at all

I'm stumped at this point

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
maybe switch this to internal?

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

maybe switch this to internal?

yeah that's what we thought but that caused it to stop responding to midi start and stop too. thanx for helping tho m8. we shall have another fiddle after we finish loving about with this video feedback

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
my guess is it's waiting for 1 beat at 120 bpm to see if it's going to get sent any clock ticks from outside before falling back to the internal clock

Graff
May 10, 2012

ynohtna posted:

my guess is it's waiting for 1 beat at 120 bpm to see if it's going to get sent any clock ticks from outside before falling back to the internal clock

this seems pretty plausible. volca beats doesn't have this behaviour though. korg just muggin me off m8.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
gunna uninstall everything and go back to analog gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJudRvR3FBk

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

MSPain posted:

gunna uninstall everything and go back to analog gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJudRvR3FBk

what is going on here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cooler option: build her a pedal that just does clock sync pulses. a 555 timer should do it.

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

cooler option: build her a pedal that just does clock sync pulses. a 555 timer should do it.

think her sequences are different tempos, and that's stored with the patch on the minilogue. think she's giving it a go at a gig tomorrow to see if it's acceptable (I don't think it will be but it's noise music so who can say)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
the Roland "Scooper" module is really cool.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

buy my drat microkorg pls

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Already got 2, sorry. . .

my wife did get me this doodad for christmas

it's rather intimidating for being so small (don't judge the dirt on the werkstatt, it's been sitting on a shelf for months but it's also impressive for being so tiny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Gratz on the lighter, and the other stuff too I guess

• Locked thread