Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Son Conan posted:

I love how the second one's not even pouncing; it's just plain falling over onto the toy. :3:

That's the most powerful red panda attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah from what I've seen of zoos feeding them, they seem to do quite well without bamboo at all, since they're easily able to handle insects, small animals, all sorts of fruit and vegetables etc.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

http://www.redbubble.com/people/obv...campaign=buffer

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
It's a shame that my local zoo won't be celebrating International Red Panda Day on Saturday due to the part of the zoo that has the red pandas being under construction til at least next year :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
If you do a $250 or more "zoodoption" of a red panda at the Boston Franklin Park Zoo, they will get you a behind the scenes tour of the red panda section, conditions permitting.

Red pandas are also one of the animals available for "breakfast with an animal" at the Franklin Park Zoo, but those have shaky availability and I don't think the red pandas will be available until the refurbishment of the entire children's section of the zoo is done.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Today in the free paper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I do wonder about panda social grooming and social behaviors in general because they're supposed to be solitary in the wild.

Maybe we just got it wrong, because researchers have only been able to see them in the wild on limited occasions?