Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Rattus Faber, Captin! A mate told me of his uncle whose neighbor had a cousin whose mother had friend who had a lover whose sister had a daughter who talked to a man who knows a former priest who swears that a constable came to confess his sins and mentioned roughing up a veteran who mentioned that a rat chieftain offered his services to him and would help him fight off a souless cat! A pox on those cats, and their Duchess.

my dad fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Broker peace if possible, otherwise I would side with the Proletarirat against "Me First and the Guinea Guineas" over here.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
By the way, voting will cut off at 8 PM PST tomorrow. Journal update will be tomorrow or Wednesday evening. So get them votes in!

*Stolen shamelessly from the Failbetter Games twitter stream. Totes worth checking out.

Black Wombat fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 23, 2015

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
To quote one of the great philosophers, you'll get more with a kind word and a gun than you will with just a kind word. Side with Rattus Faber.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

The Guinea Pig looks like he has a moustache. The choice is obvious. Cavie.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Sun-kissed writings of Helios:

We left Venderbight at Dawn. Of course not that you could tell in the Neath, but i knew. I didn't voice my thought to the crew, as their earlier objections to my presence made any more reference to the Sun unwise. We did manage to get along at Venderbight, with liberal applications of ale.

I didn't care for the bats though. Filthy creatures...pretending to be the birds of the surface. Eating them was a horrible endeavor and i was ill for a good time after. Much to my surprise "Doc" was in fact not a doctor, which further compounded my medical emergency. He seems amicable enough though, never said a word about my Sun either.

But the worst, the worst was the dark. When the Captain ordered the lights off...I shudder to think what would of happened had we stayed like that...I huddled next to a Foxfire candle I had saved, and waited for the light to return. And i swear that coffin is making noises, when we turned off the lights I heard it make some sort of sound. If I didn't know any better, it sounded like it was weeping.

Luckily we reached land and encountered a "small scale" war as someone in the crew put it, and the captain is deciding what to do. If I had an opinion, I would side with the Rattus Feber

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Don't know what to make of this voyage. The Captain seems competent enough, and the crew knows their roles on this ship. But why bring that damned sun worshiper? The Zee is full of dark and powerful secrets; it is not wise to risk their wrath. I will keep my mouth shut per the Captain's wishes, but this is not an auspicious start to the journey.

That bat swarm was a lucky boon, however. Captain ordered the bat corpses be gathered and cooked, a decision not popular with much of the crew. I understand their hesitation. Though I am the bat-keeper, the bat is just a tool for navigating the Zee; I hold no love for the creatures. But provisions are limited out here and must be stretched however possible. Sometimes you must stomach unpleasant meals in order to survive.

We've come ashore to some local squabble between an angry rat and a bizarrely dressed guinea pig, and Captain has been asked to choose a side. I don't trust either party, truth be told, but it wouldn't do us any good to pass up their supplies. I'd just as soon try to broker peace and maybe double our haul. If that's not possible, I guess I'd side with the rats; that pig stinks of zealotry.

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 24, 2015

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Lokapala posted:

Atmosphere is what Failbetter games do. They're pretty much all atmosphere and grind.

Speaking of grind, this thread inspired me to start a new Fallen London character (since I forgot everything about my previous one). Here's to hoping they streamlined the process.

"Alright, gathered up all the materials, stacked equipment high enough to give me an 85% chance, using a second try item, let's do this!"
*trips on loose paving stone, loses all materials, takes 3 wounds 2 scandal 1 nightmare*
"..."
*Hunts rats for 5 days*

Ambitions are still somewhat frustrating at times. :shepicide:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Order must be maintained - with a neddy stick, if necessary. Republics must be crushed, lest they become Iron. Side with the cavies.

(There's a reason why my Fallen London character has Fist of the Bazaar in triple digits)

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

*Hunts rats for 5 days*

An accurate representation of Fallen London's gameplay. I mostly log in, use all my event cards, and leave a few times a day.

If anyone wants to add me in Fallen London, BTW, my username there is BlackWombat. The Feast of the Exceptional Rose is going on, we could trade cards!

Ephemeron posted:

Order must be maintained - with a neddy stick, if necessary. Republics must be crushed, lest they become Iron. Side with the cavies.

The Iron Republic is the best evidence that republics should not be allowed to exist. I do often wonder if Hell's takeover of the Republic happened after or before the war on Hell.

Black Wombat fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 24, 2015

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Too late, the USA already exists in this world. :v:

Howling Bells
May 10, 2007

Dear Pat Monaghan and that other guy,

We believe 'Hey Soul Sister' to be a ponderous and heartless money grab. You should be ashamed. It's not enough that you used the I-V-VI-IV chord progression, Beato, but you do it on a ukulele? It sounds like a Vonage commercial. Stop the Train!
Boot the opressors! Cavies must die! Side with the Chief Engineer and free the meek!

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
I say we side with Rattus Faber.
Also, am I the only one noticing an interesting tread with this crew. :anarchists:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Rattus Faber We must strive to create a more perfect republic, with freedom and liberty for all!

...Not /too/ much freedom, mind you, just the right amount.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Journal of Grandalt Nodington

Good work from the gunners and the lookout. I have no desire to have my blood be shared with bats. A pity that we had to eat them latter, bat always tastes more gamely than I like. But their skill is limited by the cannons, and we do have have enough cannons to take on a crab right now. Well, the dark wasn't so bad, at least in fairly calm waters. So now the captain has gone ashore to another island, while I remain on the ship, waiting for the return of those who went.

your decision is my vote

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

From the Journal of "Doc" Snark:

Talking rodents and massive crabs. I'd say that now I've seen everything, but the zee is full of surprises.

Well, after departing from Venderbight, we came across a swarm of bats. We were able to blast them away easily enough, but the captain thought that we should have them for dinner. I'm still convinced that I caught something from those fuckers, as I was jittery for a number of days afterwards.

I know poor Helios did. He came by my quarters to ask for some medical attention having caught something from them. Unfortunately, he didn't know that I was given the nickname "Doc" after an incident involving several drunken bets and various animals...and that's the most I want to think about that again. The most I could offer was my company, which he seemed to appreciate. Still kept talking about how great his Sun was, but he didn't push his beliefs on me, so more power to him.

Then a few days later we saw...the crab. It was far bigger than our ship and had freakish antennae connected to its claws I...I had believed monsters like it were merely myths from crew who had been in the dark for too long, but I was mistaken. Fortunately, our captain was smart enough to flee while we could. Unfortunately, it meant that we had to sail through total darkness for some time. I...I could have sworn I heard noises from the hold while the lights were off...but that can't be possible

A--anyway, we made landfall at a place called Pigamole Island, where we found (and I can't believe I'm putting this down) that there was a civil war between a race of rats and guinea pigs. Apparently, the guinea pigs were part of an aristocracy that the rats wanted to overthrow (what the actual gently caress). We were told that we had to choose who to support. As bizarre as it sounds, I hope the captain sides with the Rattus Faber-the cavies seemed like condescending assholes to me.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hmph, peasants. Hmph, voting. Don't they know that Democracy never works? It takes a strong, beneficent hand to keep a land going.

Side with the Cavies

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

They'll let any rabble with more ambition than sense zail these days. What keeps us safe down in the 'neath? Queen and country, or at least what's left of it. When devils walk the streets; pirates and khans from out of a penny dreadful control the zee...at least the parts that aren't the domains of horrifying antiquarian beasts; and the canal may as well be a death sentence, you stick with what you have. Aye it may be a tarnished jewel, but Fallen London's the only place down here worthy of being called home. These trade unionists and anarchists in our midst will kill us, sure as cutting off air to a diver. Back our fellow royalists.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Back the Rats

Should we link our Fallen London profiles for when you hire more men back at port?

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.

mcclay posted:

Should we link our Fallen London profiles for when you hire more men back at port?

I think it will be less confusing for everyone if we use SA names, rather than Fallen London names, for zailors. I am still taking applications, of course! I mean, should something happen to the Correspondence, after all, we'll need a whole new roster... Or if we trade it up, we'll need to increase our crew to staff a bigger boat.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I'll also be applying for the crew the next time there is an, uh, opening. Also, cavies, mostly because in my own games I never have the heart to side against the L.B.

Really enjoying the LP so far! I almost considered doing one myself, but a) I am not very good at SS and b) I wasn't sure how to handle it. I'm really enjoying the style you're doing it in.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
While I'm a reactionary at heart, it only really applies when I'm the one on the throne. Sorry, Armored Pigs, supporting Proratariat

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Let's try and broker peace! Why favour any rodent? All rodents were created equal!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Meis posted:

Let's try and broker peace! Why favour any rodent? All rodents were created equal!

The Capybaras laugh at such talk.

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
I say we side with Rattus Faber mostly because I like rats more, also chiming in to say I'd love to join the crew if something uh happens.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
While I am greatly disappointed you all have not recognized the clear superiority of the Cavy people, it looks like we'll be siding with the rats. Update likely to be out late this evening.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Apologies Sir, wasn't aware you were a Monarchist.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I kept trying to get into the Revolutionaries to help them institute Full Communism Now, and was wondering why they were fine with hiring me to hurt people for them, but didn't seem to want me in on the secret plans. Then I realized you can only unlock the "plotting against the masters" prerequisite by getting high levels of Shadowy.
Fine then, I'll just pal around with the Rubbery Men. They'll accept me for who I am. :saddowns:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ok, I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure if anything you just said is a big deal, but c'mon man, do you mind?

Black Wombat posted:

Spoiler policy
This is a very story-driven game. Please do not talk about things that haven't come up in-game that are usually considered 'secret' in the setting. If the Special Constables wouldn't let a newspaper print it, don't talk about it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ok, I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure if anything you just said is a big deal, but c'mon man, do you mind?

I think those might be Fallen London spoilers, not Sunless Sea spoilers. Shadowy is a stat for the former.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh. :saddowns: Sorry? I think?

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
Journal Entry 4 – Rats and boxes

The Journal of Captain Petra Blackwood

Continues from last entry

After a short time considering, I decided to side with the Chief Engineer. While I've never been a huge fan of the LB's, at least they're a known quantity.

He took me and showed me around their camp. It was rather impressive, for a bunch of cast-away rodents.

The last option just says 'And then you met with the War Council' and cuts the following screen.

Eventually, of course, the exact nature of how I could help was brought up.

It was clear, from the appraisal I'd heard earlier, the rats needed one of two things; they either needed a military genius to lead them to victory over a superior foe, or someone to give them parts to make guns. Fortunately, it takes remarkably little to make a rat-sized gun.

I had my crew carry one of our swivel-guns into the camp, along with a box of shot and powder. I took this chance to examine the "Rat star" a little closer. It was beautiful. Just looking at it made me feel at ease, peaceful in a way I rarely feel. Even the crew seemed to be affected by it, showing remarkable ease and comfort, even surrounded by rats – although I did hear Jones ask Helios why he couldn't have gotten a tattoo of this thing, instead.

The camp had become a flurry of activity; equipped with proper parts and ammo, the rats seemed overjoyed. The rat who'd been introduced to me as their chief strategist said that the Cavies were done for, and that I would scarcely recognize the island when I came back.

Having heard of the prowess of the LBs before, I extended an offer to join my crew to anyone who'd wish it. I was rather hoping a ratty astronomer would come with us, desiring to see new false-stars, but I will not scoff at the young rat who did decide to come. I think he will be useful.

Shortly thereafter, we departed, watching the rats make their preparations. I hope all goes well for them. If not, I suspect we may not be welcome here in the future.

We have a new officer! He'll replace the mascot we started with. I'll take +2 Veils over +1 Hearts any day.

I decided to head south. We still seek the Mourn, and it isn't supposed to be far from London.

December 12th, 1887 - evening

As we traveled through the darkness, near an island not far from Pigmote, Snark rang the alarm bell. He'd spotted a Jillyfleur. They're an immature form of the proper Jillyfish, and mostly harmless. But I've heard a rumor... The crew was rather surprised when I told them to get to combat positions.

Even in this game, which has very easy combat, the Jillyfleur has uniquely incompetent AI. I barely had to move as it swam circles around me and got shot to death. But they sometimes come in packs, so this might be intentional.

As it stopped moving, I pulled the ship up besides it and called the crew around to look close.

There was a face, clear as Snark's! Speaking of it, Snark did not look happy about this. In fact, none of the crew seemed as excited as I did. So I am recording here, journal, that this is an exceptional thing! Perhaps someday, we will discover the owner of this face, and prove a sympathetic link between zee-life and other life in the Neath! But for now, we continued on our way.

Shortly after passing the Jillyfleur, we passed Crabcake Island. It did, from a distance, sort of resemble a crabcake, and while I would have once said a crabcake that large could never exist, I am no longer so sure. In any case, it was uninhabited, and we steamed on.

December 13th, 1887 – Morning

None of us saw the frigate come up on us. It had its light on us before we could adjust our course or try to hide. A ship that large had a larger engine, and while we could have thrown more coal in the boiler and tried to outrun it, it might have damaged the engine.

The crew was not looking confident as I ordered them to combat positions.

Didn't get a good shot of this one approaching, but it came from almost due south pointed straight at us. At low Veils scores, enemies can easily see you from off-screen, which happened here. Also worth noting – there is no ramming damage in this game if you hit enemies.

While they were larger, we were able to pull tighter turns – once more, we got behind it, and it was destroyed without much problem. Are these really the pirates we've heard so much about? Terrorizing shipping lanes? I'm underwhelmed. I set my crew to gather what they could from the wreck and retired to my quarters. Grandalt told me they were able to recover some fuel and supplies, and a journal so water-logged as to be mostly unreadable. What was left, though, was fascinating.

Pirate frigates always give 1-2 Fuel and 1-2 Supplies, in addition to whatever is in the hold. They're a very useful find and almost always worth hunting.

December 14th, 1887 – Afternoon

We followed our Zee-bat east, and discovered something very interesting! Station III lays here. We had to fight a steam-pinnace to get there, but it went much as our last confrontation with one. We sunk it, we looted it, and moved on.

Station III is a strange-looking place; it seemed highly-fortified and cutting edge, but we had something that belonged to them and I knew they would let us in.

A brief reconnoiter from the outside didn't tell me much. The remains of industrial work and strange architecture give few clues. I ordered the crew to remove the box from the hold, and to bring it onto the island, although it was a difficult arrangement.

Once we had gotten it to the top of the stairs leading to the dock, I felt our share of work was done, and sent my crew back to the ship – except Kraken and Galaxia, who I left to guard the box. I resolved to find someone to do the remainder of the carrying for us.

All that's getting cut off here is us being told we will almost certainly fail the Irons challenge to carry the box farther.

When I got to the main building, I met a very unusual woman. She seemed to be a artisan of some kind, and sent a group of clay-men down to fetch the box from below.

We also got a point of 'Acolyte's Favor' from this, which is all that was cut off.

As the reached the box, I dismissed Kraken and Galaxia back to the ship. I could have returned as well, I suppose, but I simply must see what is inside of this box.

I was not disappointed. The crate contained a corpse, as we had all suspected! And the corpse contained a unusual metal ball, and that was what she was seeking. She sung constantly as she worked, as though that was as important as her knives or goggles. It was fascinating, absolutely fascinating. I rather suspect my crew might not agree. I don't think I will share what happened in here unless they press. Of course, maybe I'd find someone with a similar interest. That would be amazing!

In any case, I hope we happen across more of these boxes – I simply must know what they do with that metal.

But for now, there's nothing to do but return to zee; the presence of so many pirates suggest we must be near Corsair's Forest. I will set out westward, and maybe find our destination.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I'm curious, do all the islands in the game always appear, and do they appear in the same location?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

ousire posted:

I'm curious, do all the islands in the game always appear, and do they appear in the same location?

West coast (that contains London and Venderbight) is fixed: it always has the same locations and ports and they are always in the same place. South coast, and all the corners of the map are fixed too. The rest is divided into 5 regions: they each contain a set of locations, but these can appear anywhere within the region, and the specific elements within the location can be placed differently. As far as I know, all possible regions are always on your map.

For example, right now we are "Near Home Waters", and Gaider's Morn is somewhere in this region. But it could be to the north from us, to the west, directly south or to the south-west.
If you look at the log in the lower left corner of the screen, amongst the entries there you get a description of the location when you enter it: this update contains a truncated description of the Snares (see screenshot with Crabcake island), which contains Rat&Cavies isle, and also a truncated description of the Corsair's Forest, which is where Gaider's Morn lies (first screenshot for December, 13).

Speaking of which, Black Wombat, maybe there's a way to incorporate the regions' descriptions into our captain's journal?

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 25, 2015

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

Lokapala posted:

West coast (that contains London and Venderbight) is fixed: it always has the same locations and ports and they are always in the same place. South coast, and all the corners of the map are fixed too. The rest is divided into 5 regions: they each contain a set of locations, but these can appear anywhere within the region, and the specific elements within the location can be placed differently. As far as I know, all possible regions are always on your map.

For example, right now we are "Near Home Waters", and Gaider's Morn is somewhere in this region. But it could be to the north from us, to the west, directly south or to the south-west.
If you look at the log in the lower left corner of the screen, amongst the entries there you get a description of the location when you enter it: this update contains a truncated description of the Snares (see screenshot with Crabcake island), which contains Rat&Cavies isle, and also a truncated description of the Corsair's Forest, which is where Gaider's Morn lies (first screenshot for December, 13).

Speaking of which, Black Wombat, maybe there's a way to incorporate the regions' descriptions into our captain's journal?

So the game map is divided into several big pieces, and locations within each piece are randomized each time? That seems like a nice compromise.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Journal of Grandalt Nodington

Well, it looks like the island was home to vemin, according to the crew that went ashore. and now we have a rat that knows its way around repairing the ship. Well, that's the strangest crew mate that I think we are likely to get. Well, after we sailed off we dealt with more pirates, a bit more dangerous than the first ones. They fell soon enough through. We did locate the designation for the strange box. Not sure what was in it still. The captain is staying behind to find out more. Hopefully we won't have to sail off quickly for that decision.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.

Lokapala posted:

I can! I'll start that from the next time we depart London.

Although, for what its worth, I don't think we're 'Near home waters'. I like to think of each area as a tile. The 'Near home waters' tile only includes London, Hunter's Keep and another island we haven't seen (Although Fallen London veterans will know it as the home of Rubbery Lumps.) There is a ring of other tiles that are always adjacent to London, in kind of a semicircle, but their locations can change. (We've seen The Snares, where Pigmote was, and Shepard's Wash, where Station III is. The Coursair's Forest, home of the Morn, is the last - so I'm pretty sure I know where it is.)

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Black Wombat posted:

I can! I'll start that from the next time we depart London.

Although, for what its worth, I don't think we're 'Near home waters'. I like to think of each area as a tile. The 'Near home waters' tile only includes London, Hunter's Keep and another island we haven't seen (Although Fallen London veterans will know it as the home of Rubbery Lumps.) There is a ring of other tiles that are always adjacent to London, in kind of a semicircle, but their locations can change. (We've seen The Snares, where Pigmote was, and Shepard's Wash, where Station III is. The Coursair's Forest, home of the Morn, is the last - so I'm pretty sure I know where it is.)

London, Hunter's and Mutton are simply Home Waters, actually! I think Venderbight and the area south from London count too. And the "NearNot far from Home Waters" stuff is 6 tiles - 3 tiles in 2 columns (so in front of Venderbight, London and the Cumaean Canal). These 6 tiles are The Snares, Shepherd's Wash, Corsair's Forest, Demaux's Gate, where the Funging Station is, Salt Lions with lots of dark sea (I'm not sure if Lions is the tile name too or not), and a nameless tile that contains a bunch of little islands and a lightboat. I think if the Admiral tells you that the port you're looking for is "not far from home waters" he means the first column, and if he says it's "to the east" he means the second one. I know that the region that gets randomized is 6 tiles and not 3 because my current zee has Salt Lions sitting right in front of London (the tile where you've got Corsair's, unless your log is misleading). Which is a huge improvement over getting the empty nameless tile there on my previous captain.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 26, 2015

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

From the Journal of "Doc" Snark:

I am convinced that our captain is insane. That, or he's been far more obsessive about the zee's mysteries that I realized.

But first, I should mention that we decided to side with the rats, and donated one of our spare swivel guns to them. They were overjoyed (guns must have been a rarity there) and let us see their prized Rat Star which was...oddly soothing. We also ended up getting a rat crewmember from the deal which is...odd, but he's been doing a good job so far.

Anyway, the big event that has led me to believe that our captain has issues occurred when I was on watch shift. I spotted a jillyfleur of all things, and alerted the crew to its presence. At that point, the captain looked at it, and promptly told us to open fire on it a few seconds later to everyone's bafflement. After we had blasted it to kingdom come, our captain told us to get as close to it as possible. I had the "pleasure" of seeing it up close, and I saw a woman's face on the jillyfleur's cap and watched it dissolve. The sight was...disconcerting, to say the least. The captain told me it was one of the most fascinating things he had ever seen in his life.

I'm beginning to think that getting on this ship was a terrible idea.

Later, we fought a pirate frigate. While it was certainly bigger than our ship, we were able to use our superior maneuverability to get behind it and blast it away. The day after that we arrived at Station 3 where our coffin package was to be delivered to. Some locals came and moved the damned thing off, which I am immensely grateful for, but our fearless leader decided to follow the convoy.

He came back looking like he had seen something wonderful. I'm certain he saw inside that casket, but I really don't want to hear about it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Captain, we need to get more of those white rats. I swear, the ship is shinier ever since it came aboard. I bet it brings good luck, too!

• Locked thread