Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Name: Maynard G. Krebs
History: Poet
Title: Citizen
Portrait: 21
Ship: The Hepcat

"No, listen. You gotta understand how we, like, came from the sea and one day we'll, like, go back. The sea is our mother and our father. Our marther. That's what I'm trying to get across in my latest poem: The Incredible Squid. It's 800 lines of the most amazing free verse and erotic aquatic imagery. Let me just read it nouuuaaaarrghhhh! Unhand me! Get this bag off my he--mmmfffhgh!!! Mmmff!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I've always wanted to gather a few zee-ztories.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

The Guinea Pig looks like he has a moustache. The choice is obvious. Cavie.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Polythreme is a lively place. So very, very lively.

I love the island of the postmen, even though it probably has a terrible secret. Everywhere has a terrible secret.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

double nine posted:

speaking of the browser game, how much of it is user-generated? Is it fully top down or do the collectives of player influence politics? Or does everyone have his/her unique world?
Nothing's user generated. Everyone's on their own. You can interact with other players you're friends with, but only really as a mechanism to restore health/sanity/respectability and occasionally unlock free items. Or to send them a big box full of rats.

And there's The Game of Knife and Candle as well, the politest form of multiplayer deathmatch on the internet.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

No pets!? But what about my fine pedigree racing slug?

Won awards, he has.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Captain, as the saying goes, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few corpses. Find some wrong 'uns and feed 'em to the spiders.

It'd be a mercy, the state some of them are in.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Hey, I think we just found our gift for the spiders. Come on, Captain, two bats with one stone an' all that.

("Death destroys everything and pities nothing." Memento mori indeed.)

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Devour Marry her. The Dapper Chap will understand. Probably.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Team up with the Adventuress. Defeat the monkeys. Then kill her.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Revolution, Captain!

Farfetched claims of horrors lurking behind the mirrors are clearly the work of crypto-fascist bourgeois counter-revolutionaries.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Support the tigers!

Captain, I know this is treasonous, and the tigers are vicious man-eating brutes, but they're so just darned cute that we have to support them.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

quote:

Ah, well, at least my racing slug survived.

...north...

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

They may have been human, once. You can become one in Fallen London. Eventually. Perhaps.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Sacrifice your love and scion. Abandon the exile. Alone, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I love a happy ending.

At least, I think that was a happy ending.

:tinfoil:

• Locked thread