Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Name: Petra Blackwood
History: Natural Philosopher
Title: Captain
Portrait: 2
Ship: The Correspondence

Why, sir, I have no idea what is it that you mean! The name of my ship came from the only thing that kept me and my father in touch, obviously! sobs My dear, dear father! And now to go into the dark to find his final resting place! What horrors await me... Oh, all my paperwork is in order? I can leave immediately? Thank you, thank you so much for your expediency! What? No, no, nothing will ingnite because of my signature, whyever would you say such a thing..?

Wombat, could you resize your bigger screenshots? They're a bit table breaking.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Why can't we lunch with all three, when they are all home, I wonder. Do they keep drastically different hours? Do they have incompatible tastes in food? Do they try to kill each other over conversation topics?

But since we have to choose, let's lunch with Phoebe, she seems like our sort. Oh, and go to Venderblight. Dead or not, I'm sure these Tomb Colonists will appreciate our swiftness. They might have important business to take care of!

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Glazius posted:

Well, I certainly can't fault the game for being short on atmosphere.

Atmosphere is what Failbetter games do. They're pretty much all atmosphere and grind.

Speaking of grind, this thread inspired me to start a new Fallen London character (since I forgot everything about my previous one). Here's to hoping they streamlined the process.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Rattus Faber could be very, very useful allies to us. They build guns! And can repair anything technological! I don't see these ...runaway lab animals being of comparable use.

And I don't think either side is inclined to peace. Especially a peace insisted upon by a bumbling giant stranger.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

ousire posted:

I'm curious, do all the islands in the game always appear, and do they appear in the same location?

West coast (that contains London and Venderbight) is fixed: it always has the same locations and ports and they are always in the same place. South coast, and all the corners of the map are fixed too. The rest is divided into 5 regions: they each contain a set of locations, but these can appear anywhere within the region, and the specific elements within the location can be placed differently. As far as I know, all possible regions are always on your map.

For example, right now we are "Near Home Waters", and Gaider's Morn is somewhere in this region. But it could be to the north from us, to the west, directly south or to the south-west.
If you look at the log in the lower left corner of the screen, amongst the entries there you get a description of the location when you enter it: this update contains a truncated description of the Snares (see screenshot with Crabcake island), which contains Rat&Cavies isle, and also a truncated description of the Corsair's Forest, which is where Gaider's Morn lies (first screenshot for December, 13).

Speaking of which, Black Wombat, maybe there's a way to incorporate the regions' descriptions into our captain's journal?

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 25, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Black Wombat posted:

I can! I'll start that from the next time we depart London.

Although, for what its worth, I don't think we're 'Near home waters'. I like to think of each area as a tile. The 'Near home waters' tile only includes London, Hunter's Keep and another island we haven't seen (Although Fallen London veterans will know it as the home of Rubbery Lumps.) There is a ring of other tiles that are always adjacent to London, in kind of a semicircle, but their locations can change. (We've seen The Snares, where Pigmote was, and Shepard's Wash, where Station III is. The Coursair's Forest, home of the Morn, is the last - so I'm pretty sure I know where it is.)

London, Hunter's and Mutton are simply Home Waters, actually! I think Venderbight and the area south from London count too. And the "NearNot far from Home Waters" stuff is 6 tiles - 3 tiles in 2 columns (so in front of Venderbight, London and the Cumaean Canal). These 6 tiles are The Snares, Shepherd's Wash, Corsair's Forest, Demaux's Gate, where the Funging Station is, Salt Lions with lots of dark sea (I'm not sure if Lions is the tile name too or not), and a nameless tile that contains a bunch of little islands and a lightboat. I think if the Admiral tells you that the port you're looking for is "not far from home waters" he means the first column, and if he says it's "to the east" he means the second one. I know that the region that gets randomized is 6 tiles and not 3 because my current zee has Salt Lions sitting right in front of London (the tile where you've got Corsair's, unless your log is misleading). Which is a huge improvement over getting the empty nameless tile there on my previous captain.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 26, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
The image of submitting Hunter's Keep report has Quality: Table-Breaking, unfortunately.

I didn't know you can ignore the Bruiser and save the offer for later! Let's do that.

Fuel chat: 40 hold allows you to take 20-25 fuel and leave enough space for supplies; in my experience this is good enough to go to the farthest reaches of the zee and come back safely - unless you spend fuel getting into long fights. I won't say I've never been stranded without fuel, but usually when it happens it's not because I zailed too far.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Please tell me you are going to explain the thing in the southwest corner of the map.

There's not much to explain there, really E SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN

...on a less annoying note,
Are you asking for a lore infodump, or whether Captain Petra will get involved in related goings on?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Speaking of Eating Things, I'm pretty certain that getting Unaccountably Peckish from Chapel of Lights isn't a question of luck. You get it if you feast when your hunger meter is at zero. If you have accumulated hunger, you just get X hunger lost, like when lunching with Hunter's Keep sisters.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

And we got to visit some of the weirder places now. I'm a little conflicted about them, honestly. Some of them I want to know more about, but I also feel like explaining them too much would make them less interesting. :v:

In a certain light, Avid Horizon when explained can be seen as very, very banal. It's a gate into space. On the other hand, it's still pants-shittingly terrifying, especially given the circumstances of it's...er... creation. Also, very poetic. For there truly is a sea more sunless.

Black Wombat posted:

I haven't even decided how I'm going to write the journal entry for the Republic yet. It's so messed up you can't even write about it.

There's also Irem to consider :v:

Kingeater's Castle would beg to differ. :v:

Oh, come on. It's not the place, it's what you choose to do there.
Also, coincidentally, certain gods of zee are arseholes with a terrible sense of humor.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Gant. Apocyan's much, much more useful.

Nope. We have neither apocyan nor gant, what we have is peligin (and virric, of course, but that one was directly mentioned).

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
There seem to be lots of new Fallen London players in this thread! Gentlebeings, if anyone needs acquaintances to farm second chances and share your menaces with, please hit me up (I'm getting way too many nightmares and not enough suspicion for my goals that are not shady in any shape or form).

ousire posted:

I've not picked this game up for myself yet, but it has gotten me into Fallen London, and I'm enjoying the experience thoroughly. I've also been reading the wiki and learning about the lore quite a bit. I'll be grabbing the game as soon as I have some more funding, but in the mean time I could try to write up a lore post on that if anyone's interested (And if Cap'n Petra is okay with it, obviously)

I would love to see if it's possible to write a single concise lore post and not make things even more confusing than they already are.

See, there's this stupid space crab and her forbidden love that gave birth to a mountain.... and the stars are pissed.... also the sea urchins hate the crab and everyone else too... oh, and alien space bats are greedy arseholes! and one of them was too nice or something and got ritually cannibalized? ...then there are serpents in mirrors, idiots on rooftops and maybe egyptians duped the space bats into something even less fair than their usual deals, but not in bats' favour this time around?

But I'm sure that all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.

double nine posted:

So I have to ask, I've come across a few locations on the edge of the map that the lore says leads ... elsewhere. Do you actually get to sail different maps or is it a lore/random encounter thing?

You can sail off the map, but there are no additional maps to open up. I'm certain Captain Petra will eventually show what sailing off the map gets you.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 6, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

JcDent posted:

I hope it's not something stupid like "this is all a dream" or something :( And the references to the Great Game, I thought it means that there is some sort of communication between surface and Neath. Why is it called Neath, anyway? Because it's under-neath?

Also, I thought the Horizon is an Event Horizon reference.

If it's a dream, it's a collective nightmare, but it's probably not. (probably. who could really know?) Yes, there is communication with surface. You can even go there in this game! (but not in FL, so far) And yes. It's underneath.

Also yes: Avid Horizon is most likely exactly that. Literally. Well... the whole of the NORTH is. The gate itself is, perhaps, a breach.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

JcDent posted:

Whenever they pull "it's all a dream", I feel cheated a little (sometimes a lot). I want my monsters to be solid, God-drat it.

If North is horror, Warp and hell worse than actual Hell, then what's in the South?

And, ooh, ooh, are we going to see any of those ships mentioned in the Khanate corsair harbor report?

Oh, don't discount dreams. You can get transported there bodily, after all. And Hell does share border with dreamlands! Also, we just witnessed heinous dream-related shenanigans that cost us a sailor's life.

I don't know if NORTH and Hell are comparable in any way. Then again, actual Hell might not be so bad? I hear there are fields upon fields of flowers there... As for South, well. There's a Mountain. And a Garden. It's all very... invigorating. Vital, one might say!

I don't think there are any Iremi skiffs in-game? All others we saw at Wisdom can be met on the wide zee. Those, and more.

Edit: I just realised that you might've meant something specific when capitalizing Event Horizon, and google tells me there's a horror movie of that name, and it has something to do with Hell? If so, that's not what I meant. I was saying that NORTH is probably an event horizon.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 6, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

ousire posted:

Ah yes! I imagine it must be a very, ahem, 'unique' experience to be a normal surface-world citizen who's assigned to go to below and spy on the Neath.

They provide the bored bohemian crowd in Veilgarden with much-needed laughs (and honey-money)! ..Is there another reason for their existence?

"Your contact can't write fast enough. He breaks a pencil. Another pencil.
Russia is sinking! Fallen London will annexe the tomb-colonies! Mr Wines is marrying the skeletal corpse of a nun! The Spider-Council is holding a debutantes' ball! It's almost impossible to stop once you've started. Just keep talking. Everything will be fine."

ousire posted:

Really? I know of a couple of saints mentioned in fallen london, but they're all related to the Mr Eaten :gonk: sidequest

St. Joshua is an actual saint, through deeds and not canon, and not an official patron of anything (in our reality).

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
To continue the original naming scheme, let's name this ship The Seeker, for we are seeking our father's bones and neathy mysteries, aren't we?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

ousire posted:

There's a lot of mystery and confusion about what the correspondence is, even in the game itself. What we do know is that it's a method of writing, and possibly also communication, between extremely powerful, eldritch beings. They exist on a higher level of existence than humans, possibly(probably?) in higher dimensions as well. Consequently, learning too much about it or attempting to read it can have very negative side effects for things like humans.

TL;DR imagine trying to learn how to read and write Spanish, but saying "¿Qué pasa?" sets your eyeballs on fire. :v:

To be more specific: It's the language that is Light; it's the language of the Judgements. In other words, star-speech. No wonder it tends to set things on fire. Oh, it's probably also the way that stars control and govern the universe by imposing that whole Great Chain nonsense!

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Ooh, Petra writing about Irem will be wonderful. That was one hell of a trip and I'm amazed by your ability to keep your crew alive and more or less sane.

Also, Khanate is awesome in every way, including its music.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
So, what do we think Nuncio's secret obelisk is? Bazaar's badge of office she discarded in a fit of pique, or a "gently caress you, remember your job" dropped into Neath by a passer-by Dragon (more like remember the charges we'll be bringing you up on, I guess)?

And I'm dissapointed in Petra's inability to recognize the Correspondence.

Edited for ooops, probably spoilers.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 15, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

It's not a spoiler for Sunless Sea, though. None of it makes sense in the context of the game unless you're already deep into Fallen London.

And here I hoped Wombat's words meant we get more info on this topic from Sunless Sea. But the thread is full of new FL players so the spoiler warning applies anyways (I have no idea how people resist looking into spoiler tags, though).

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Black Wombat posted:

Right? I think I've not looked at like, one spoiler-tagged thing ever. But yeah - that's a very high-level spoiler, too. Like, I'm pretty far in FL - Person of Some Significance and currently as progressed in my Ambition as it exists - and I've never seen any evidence of any of that stuff.

I think it comes mostly from Nadir and some seasonal content. And different ambitions give you different stuff, so there might be something there? I haven't played far enough for any of the deeper mysteries either, but you can go watch Seventh Letter with Lady in Lilac even at low levels right now. The snippets you get there are probably meaningless without additional context, though.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
I really want to know how Visage people managed to drag that Nile-meter all the way out into the zee from the Second City.

If Polythreme is the remnants of the First City cast out into the zee, Visage is those who fled the Second City and Khanate is the Fourth City exiles, where are the Third City people? Did they buck the trend and all perish/dissolve in lacre when their time came?

Black Wombat posted:

Neither intention ended particularly well. Maybe's mother is not present, and while I found the Cat's Claw, he wanted five-hundred echos to reveal the location where I could maybe find the woman who would maybe tell me the secret of opening the chest.

I'm fairly certain Claw isn't a he :v:

Black Wombat posted:

The Fathomking's Hold, for some reason, calls up an unusual background while you're at it – Blocking your view of the Zee. It sometimes glitches out and won't go away and forces you to reboot the game.

The background change is probably there to show that you're underwater when you are visiting the Fathomking.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

The Zee rearranges itself. What was once in one place will soon be in another.
Only a few decades ago Khan's Glory stood where London is now.

The Zee rearranges itself, yes, and Visage might've been closer to western shores. Oh right, like Mutton Island. Ok, question solved. But I am pretty sure that Khan's Glory never stood where London is now, they are the ones that were smart enough to evacuate before a certain deal was made; or was it serpents that chased them out?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
I'm getting worried about all these wounds Petra is accumulating :ohdear:

Anticheese posted:

Going into the dream world and bargaining a portion of your abilities and future to do a Great Thing (or using a fragment of a Great and Disturbing Truth to guide you towards The Garden) is so much more fun as magic, and I'm glad that the game never actually calls any of this weird crap magic. It just is.

Almost reminds me a bit of Gloranthia in some parts.

Alexis has expressed his love for KoDP many, many times, so I imagine there's an influence there.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Was the Canal dug specifically to reach London? Or was it previously used to reach one of the earlier cities-that-fell?

It was dug in cooperation with the Masters of the Bazaar after the Fall of London. It's a bit unclear how much of the work was done by European powers coming together and investing in a joint project, and how much was just quickly dug by Bazaar's engines.

There's also at least one other way of reaching Neath from the Surface, the Travertine Spiral. Basically a spiral staircase going up around a giant stalactite.

Neruz posted:

The Iron Republic is only half of hell; the other half is Mt Palmerston. Basically at some point in the past the 'common folk' of hell rebelled and formed the Iron Republic while the displaced aristocrats fled to Mt Palmerston.

Neither are Hell, actually! Hell itself is to the West from Fallen London. Stolen River now flows from it. There are vast fields of roses there, and devilbone churches. And enough rules for it to be able to function properly. They even have a proper Embassy in London and everything.

The Iron Republic is Hell's outsourced experiment in overthrowing all laws.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

Wouldn't the fact that it's in sunlight mean that it wouldn't move around?

It moves together with the hole in the roof :v: Actually, that's the only explanation for it, since Aestival isn't one of the fixed locations.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

That can't be right, or else everything on the surface would move around at night too. I'm just going to assume developer oversight on this one.

That's an interesting leap of logic. Night or no, Aestival's roof hole stays in the same place out there on the Surface, wherever that is (it's not necessarily Earth, but it probably is), but the Neathy side of it moves around together with the island.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Shady Amish Terror posted:

a massive pair of stone sphinx built by no one who resonate with transcendent woe

I'm pretty certain they were built by the people of the Second City, actually.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

wiegieman posted:

What's the deal with the false-stars anyway?

Those are shiny sort of genetically engineered pseudo-crustaceans from another planet. Bits of their chitin is what we use in our prow lamp! Also, their creators? Flukes.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

To expand on the false stars a bit, they're called moon-misers, they shed glim, and when strapped into horrible steampunk devices they can be electrocuted/milked to give a substance that makes people fall in love with the first thing they see once they take it. Which is why the Masters are pretty interested in them.

Wouldn't that be artificial love and thus of no use to the Bazaar?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Yeah, a lot of it comes from Fallen London. But the exit-point for the northern gate and general what is NORTH info actually comes from Sunless Sea itself.

Get the Scars of the North (sail off top edge of the screen), look closely at the zee under you between the Correspondence icebergs when approaching Avid Horizon, and complete the Merchant Venturer quest and go with him when he leaves* (and while doing his fetch quests, pay attention to how he responds to the stuff you bring, why he needs it).

*this will end your captain's life, or the very least, his tenure as a zee-captain, so be ready for that.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 29, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Presumably! I've not played through that Ambition myself, I don't know why the masters care so much about them. Still, there's a big thing with a box where two of the Masters are at cross purposes, so there must be some reason they care.

Which Ambition does things with moon-misers? I thought all info about them came from the Urchins and from the Affair of the Box.
...At this rate I'll have to make 4 characters to see all the things, won't I.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Neruz posted:

Yeah the North = Space stuff is straight from Sunless Sea. If you sail north you get some rather nasty crew\hull damage to your boat and a description which basically outright states 'you sail into space, realize this is a terrible idea and sail back' additionally as you approach the Avid Horizon you will note a bunch of stars in the water; those are real stars, not false ones and there is some text which clarifies this. If you then do the Merchant Venturer quest it's made even clearer that yes the Avid Horizon and indeed North in general leads into space, with the Horizon being a somewhat more abrupt transition than just sailing north.

The area of sea that the Avid Horizon is in is also called "Void's Approach"

Actually, I don't think North in general is Space per se. The text you get for sailing off the map + the description of the accomplishment you get:

1.The unterzee has no northern shore. Space is forbidden. Time contracts to a single frozen instant. There is only one way North.
2.The place which is no-place held you, crushed you. You carry the wounds still.

reads to me as a pretty good description of possibly sailing off into an event horizon (you idiot). The Avid Horizon then is the "only one way North" and is a Chain-breaking event horizon-piercing hole probably made by the Traveller/Phoenix squeezing into the Neath, because I'm pretty sure a Judgement de-judgementifying themselves is a... well... event horizon breaking event :v:

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Neruz posted:

To be fair I think 'you sail into a black hole' is arguably worse than 'you sail into space'

Well yes, that would be my point. Hence the zee-captain sailing NORTH being an idiot, and why the Merchant Venturer, on the other hand, succeeds. Also the reason why Storm is so very grumpy on the subject, I would imagine. Dead spacebats aside.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Neruz posted:

As to pages, yeah it is kind of tricky. There is one single Officer who increases pages; the Plausible Surgeon. Which is yet another reason to pick Natural Philosopher as your start, the main reason to pick it is seeeeecrets that was just added in the latest patch and I refuse to talk about because going into that one blind blew my freaking mind.

Isn't the Surgeon kinda useless though, since he only raises your Pages to 50? View from Above for Poet, on the other hand, gives you 5 Pages with no secrets spent up to 100 (and then you pray, I guess).

And one can always get the Horizon Codex and make their next captain a Poet and be the best at Pages if one really needs them.

The seeecrit thing is Going East, right? Does it require you to pass painfully high Pages checks?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Setting basics in the case of this setting are the greatest of setting mysteries. But I entirely understand anyone's unwillingness to go through a 10 minutes per action refresh browser game that takes years to play through, so here's the not-so-tl;dr for (some of) the main facts of the lore:

(For the love of starlight and adorable crustaceans, do not click the link if you don't want to have your eyes full of searing enigmas and appaling secrets)

Wall of text about FL lore.

So there you have it. In the deepest matters of the Bazaar, always look to love.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 1, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Huh, this is really interesting! Thanks for this; it honestly motivates me to play FL a bit more and see how this intertwines with actual character plots. Spoilery questions: I assume the Second City, the Egyptian one, is the one that cheated the Masters in some way, hence why they're so angry about it? Also, is there any evidence about the First City? I feel like I've got a decent grasp on the Second through Fourth, but I haven't seen much about the First aside from "even the First City was young when Babylon fell."

Yeah, I posted this mostly because encountering some of those spoilers myself is what motivated me to come back to the game.

Fallen Cities spoilers.

can we not turn this thread into a CIA document

You're right. Edited both my posts for less CIA.

Lokapala fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 1, 2015

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
I think that if Petra is ok with eating her own crew just to get answers from creepy Seekers that can be gained by other means, she should be perfectly ok with feeding dusty cocky arseholes to sorrow-spiders. Do it.

Also, my turn to have lore questions! I've seen it mentioned that Frostfound is where we find out that Storm is definitely a Dragon. I've walked its corridors and never saw anything that could be interpreted in such a way. Is it failure state info? Do I need to sacrifice a stat to see it? Or does it come from doing a specific thing in the Dark Room?

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
I highly doubt she'll accept, but since I've never tried to ask her to marry, let's do that!

Black Wombat posted:

The city is radiant in a way I find difficult to put the paper. It burns the eyes to simply be here; even now, in my room at the inn, the light fills every space. But the city itself is grand, built in a style I cannot quite identify – although it is vaguely reminiscent of Karakorum. I wanted to learn as much about this strange place as I could, so I spoke to as many people as I could before venturing inwards.

Why would Petra find Varchas reminiscent of Karakorum? This is what Karakorum approximately looked like (and you can see it in current Khanate architecture) and this is what Varchas looks like.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Neruz posted:

The way Varchas is described strongly suggests that it is Angkor Wat, or at least is based on Angkor Wat. It's definitely not a Fallen City though so if Varchas is Angkor Wat it somehow got down here on its own.

I don't think Varchas is supposed to be Angkor Wat specifically, just built by an offshoot of Khmer people from ~10-12 century. It's not like Angkor Wat is unique in it's overall layout and design. Thing is, Khmer were more about Shiva and Vishnu, than any Mitra worship. I think Varchaasi very literally worship Mihir(a), the Sun, and not any Hindu deity associated with it. Which is pretty understandable, what with it being a Judgement and all. And while I'm googling things, Varchas basically means Shining in Sanskrit. These guys are very, very single minded.

As for how Varchas ended up in the Neath, I remember there were some bas-reliefs on the temple of Mihir, so if Petra ever goes back, maybe those will shed light on this mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Black Wombat posted:

The exact method you use to convince the urchin resonated with me as well; you point out that if souls are really as useless as the Devils spend so much time telling everyone they are, why do they want yours so badly?

It's a pretty good argument, and part of why I've never sold me soul in Fallen London or Sunless Sea.

I even went and got my aunt's back from them, filthy buggers.

To be fair, based on what we can discover about devils, the reasons they value souls might be completely inapplicable to humans. bzzz beeezz. At least they don't eat them, unlike some other entities.

• Locked thread