Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Name: Ethan Archibald
History: Natural Philosopher
Title: Captain
Portrait: 11
Ship: The Estate

The world is a place, that holds main strange things. Some things are claimed to be only understood by men of the cloth, but that is a blind view. A view too bound by tradition. There is always an answer to the mysteries, and knowledge of man can find that. I shall be the one who find the secrets and bring them into the light of day, so that they will all see, how wrong they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Well, sign me up. This ship will need someone that knows how to organize things.

edit, male for me please.

grandalt fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 21, 2015

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Journal of Grandalt Nodington

Well, after about two weeks of searching for a new place after losing my place at Teashad Trading Company, I have found a new postion. The Correspondence is the name of the ship, and Petra Blackwood is the captain of the ship. A young captain and inexperienced, but perhaps fate will be kind. After a brief while, the voyage has begun, and I have been made Boatswain. A fine position indeed, and one with a decent amount of pay. I'll be able to keep my tea in the proper amount, hopefully.

Phoebe and Vanderblight is my vote.

grandalt fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 22, 2015

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Well, it wouldn't be a voyage if there weren't some friction among the crew. There was a fight with two crewmen proclaiming another to be bad luck. What foolishness. As if we could get another crew member so easily out in the zea. So I had to reprimand them which the captain supported. We arrived at Venderbight, after dealing with a would-be pirate. After taking seeing our passenger off, I took a little time to resupply my tea supply, which is why I was absent when someone bought aboard another coffin, but no one knows who or what is in it. Well, once at land again there comes a few hazards, so a little reminder to the crew is in order.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Good work from the gunners and the lookout. I have no desire to have my blood be shared with bats. A pity that we had to eat them latter, bat always tastes more gamely than I like. But their skill is limited by the cannons, and we do have have enough cannons to take on a crab right now. Well, the dark wasn't so bad, at least in fairly calm waters. So now the captain has gone ashore to another island, while I remain on the ship, waiting for the return of those who went.

your decision is my vote

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Well, it looks like the island was home to vemin, according to the crew that went ashore. and now we have a rat that knows its way around repairing the ship. Well, that's the strangest crew mate that I think we are likely to get. Well, after we sailed off we dealt with more pirates, a bit more dangerous than the first ones. They fell soon enough through. We did locate the designation for the strange box. Not sure what was in it still. The captain is staying behind to find out more. Hopefully we won't have to sail off quickly for that decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Journal of Grandalt Nodingtion

We have finally returned to London. A shame that troubles are still even that city, but such is the nature of man. And the nature of that one-eyed man is nothing good, I would wager some of my precious tea on that. If we have to deal with him, do it later, when we have more men. On a better note, we have a first mate on the ship now, so the duties that I had are going to be shifted to their proper amounts instead of me handling the duties not handled by the doctor and the captain. A lovely lady, who knows a far amount of what needs to be done on the ship.

• Locked thread