Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I will. I'd like you on the record now to help them see through your nonsense tomorrow.

Then I have no clue, end up getting lynched and scum win. Then I yell at Somber for his setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Okay I think you could both be lying and am super paranoid that there is a vig out there or something and that's why Rarity did what she did.

I feel like if we get to 3-man LYLO she'll pull out some unstoppable dayvig and it will be sadtimes.

But on the other hand that stone could be exactly that too hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sure nothing bad is going to happen but I have some :ese: PTSD here.

If she had the day big now she could use it and win. I guess it could be some weird thing where its charging up or something and she won't have it til tomorrow. That would make some sense of the stalling when she's already lost. In which case do her first.

Where did she get her mysterious track BTW?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Then I have no clue, end up getting lynched and scum win. Then I yell at Somber for his setup.

Heh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Okay I think you could both be lying and am super paranoid that there is a vig out there or something and that's why Rarity did what she did.

I feel like if we get to 3-man LYLO she'll pull out some unstoppable dayvig and it will be sadtimes.

But on the other hand that stone could be exactly that too hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sure nothing bad is going to happen but I have some :ese: PTSD here.

We've already lynched the scum-vig

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Where did she get her mysterious track BTW?

It was my prize for guessing capps's NK

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OK putting my vote down in case you come to your senses. Good luck tomorrow town!

##vote Rarity

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

We've already lynched the scum-vig

Rarity I want to believe you but you've hurt me too many times!

Actually it's more that I think you've been really scummy this game and night action shenanigans aside I'd think you were scum, but I can't figure out why you would confirm a whole bunch of people as town and make yourself lose, unless you were holding on to something good (which I know you can do).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
On the other hand KB has that stone and I am afraid of items and why oh why didn't I investigate one of you two.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

On the other hand KB has that stone and I am afraid of items and why oh why didn't I investigate one of you two.

Seriously. I thought for sure you'd do Rarity.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

The stone thing is a good point too BTW. Even though it hasn't done anything yet I guess it still could.

Although if you vote out Rarity we win so it won't matter.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was sure it was going to be GG. You've been really good in the thread and Rarity's reveal made no sense for scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Rarity I want to believe you but you've hurt me too many times!

Actually it's more that I think you've been really scummy this game and night action shenanigans aside I'd think you were scum, but I can't figure out why you would confirm a whole bunch of people as town and make yourself lose, unless you were holding on to something good (which I know you can do).

We can always wait and see what Exakt wants to do if you like.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe EXAKT will come in and blind vote for KB and then if we lose it won't be on my head!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I was sure it was going to be GG. You've been really good in the thread and Rarity's reveal made no sense for scum.

Well sure. I thought it was Gg too but I thought you'd be going for elimination of a valuable ally as scum going into the final. It was pretty clear none of the unconfirmed were going to get nk'd so you didn't need to worry about your target getting killed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Maybe EXAKT will come in and blind vote for KB and then if we lose it won't be on my head!

Hahaha maybe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Well sure. I thought it was Gg too but I thought you'd be going for elimination of a valuable ally as scum going into the final. It was pretty clear none of the unconfirmed were going to get nk'd so you didn't need to worry about your target getting killed.

I thought it was more important to just straight up catch the scum than try to clear an ally for myself, and I was pretty sure about GG.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I thought it was more important to just straight up catch the scum than try to clear an ally for myself, and I was pretty sure about GG.

Fair enough.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Watch EXAKT actually be the scum lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Doctor Idle posted:

Just pretend I said it. :f5:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Stop posting while you're pooping!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Stop posting while you're pooping!

It's hard not to!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Doctor Idle posted:

I've run all the variables and I don't see any way possible for exalt or Asiina to be scum. There is no scenario that explains that short of some kind of recruitment mechanic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

It's hard not to!

At least hide it better like the rest of us!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

I've run all the variables and I don't see any way possible for exalt or Asiina to be scum. There is no scenario that explains that short of some kind of recruitment mechanic.

That statement sounds awesome in my mind. "I've run all the variables..." makes you seem like some superhuman Mafia playing machine. I like it.

As to who it is... :shrug:

##unvote
for now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

At least hide it better like the rest of us!

BTW if you end up against a rarity with a somehow dayvig or something you guys could still win if you get into the thread and post your votes for her before she gets her action off. Just be F5ing like mad. :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
GG isn't scum? What? I'm still alive? WHAT?

Has everyone fullclaimed yet?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

GG isn't scum? What? I'm still alive? WHAT?

Has everyone fullclaimed yet?

I think so?

Asiina - guncop
Exakt - bodyguard
Rarity - gambler
KB - mason
GG - VT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You know, I guess no cuddle is an option too. If the worry is some kind of Night kill + day vig combo of death. That gives Asiina another read while keeping our numbers above the threshhold.

From my perspective that could also be bad though. Rarity is already scum. And then if my rock turned me scum on the second night or some poo poo, we'd lose.

We should just cuddle Rarity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Going with my gut!

##vote Rarity

You guys do what you want!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Reminder. Deadline today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
EXAKT or GG have to vote somewhere!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Rarity

I hope I made the right decision.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:redhammer:

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:redhammer:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Or

is it?

:lost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The twisting maze of canyon corridors gives way to a wide open circle. All throughout the dirt are lines twisting at sharp angles, forming a strange pattern.

Crowley’s map ends here. There’s nothing in sight besides the sky. The sense of disappointment hits you like a wave. Tallulah screams and falls to her knees.

“No!” she screams. “Not after all this, not after what I’ve done! It can’t be for nothing. It can’t.” All eyes move to her, the implication now clear.

Tallulah rises to her feet. “Yeah, yeah. Spare me the lecture. You should all be thanking me. It’s a heck of a lot easier to split the pot five ways instead of fifteen.” She throws her arms out and laughs “If there were any goddam treasure here!”

Lucy Clover steps forward, her deputy’s badge in hand. “There ain’t nowhere to run, Lulu. Best if you just come along quiet, now.”

Lulu mutters, “I’ve never been much good at staying quiet.” Lucinda steps forward and Lulu fakes submission, until she brings her fists together and smashes them into Lucy’s face. The move takes the deputy by surprise and she staggers back a moment, blinded by pain, and Lulu sprints across the canyon floor towards a corridor on the other side.

A few seconds later, she collapses in the dirt, a hatchet having sprouted from her back. Lucy gives a grunt of satisfaction. That’s that, then.

Out in the center of the circle, Lulu’s blood starts to swirl and run with the lines of the pattern. A low rumble from the earth sends the last four souls from Golgatha hurrying backwards, until the floor drops out from the center of the circle, consuming Miss Morgan. This would not be a hole she could dig herself out of.

:s: Rarity, Tallulah "Lula" Morgan, Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades :s: was killed day six!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXl870NoF4E

The game has ended in a TOWN VICTORY!

Jake, Androcles, Barton, and Lucy all walk over to the circle’s edge, careful with their step. Below, they can see an enormous reservoir of cool dark water, with Lulu floating on top. Past that, they can see something, a lot of something actually, glinting in the water.

Wait, water?

There was plenty of silver sitting at the bottom of that pool, but it turned out the real treasure was the water rights to the Schreien Hills. Once it was set up good and proper, the underground springs there could sustain all sorts of farming and grazing. In time, Golgatha would be able to grow into something beautiful.

No one ever came to claim Sloane, but her funeral arrangements had already been set up in advance. Seems like she was ready for her end. Other than those of you who chose to go, there was only one other man at her funeral, and he left as soon as he came.

Miss Jenks left behind her schoolhouse, and her son Charles. Her will specifically demanded that the boy’s father not be contacted. Her reasons are not specified, but there’s an implication of danger.

Does anyone adopt Charles?

No one bothered much over Angelica and Allie, which maybe is how they would have liked it. It was all a little too sad and awkward to talk much about, especially around Jake.

Speaking of Jake, now there was one heartbroken fella. More than that though, it seemed like something about the trip had changed him forever.

Jake Smiley, King Burgundy

The rock you found is worth a lot to the right folks, do you part with it in interest of becoming even richer, or do you decide to tackle its mysteries on your own? How would you like to spend your money and life?

The stories of Tommy Harden found a success in death that would have been impossible in life. The story of his mixed heritage became a mild sensation, and as per his wishes went to fund a trust meant to battle discrimination and hatred wherever it arose.

Lucy had finally found one heck of an adventure, even if it was in her own back yard. Her nose never quite healed the same, but that was a small price to pay for being able to go anywhere and do most anything worth doing.

Lucy “Lucinda” Clover, Asiina

How would you like to spend your money and life?

Pancho didn’t have many folks out West. As per his wishes, they made the effort to recover his body and send it back East, so he could be buried in the land he loved. Or at least the land that he didn’t hate.

No one ever figured out what exactly Prescott’s story was, and he had finally stopped talking. He was survived by his partner and best friend, Blue Cannon.

Does anyone adopt Blue Cannon?

The Church sat empty for a little while, but eventually someone came to fill Pastor Goethe’s vacancy. Long after the Church was destroyed, legends of his vengeful ghost would haunt Golgatha. The story of the wicked Reverend who was murdered for crimes long passed had more truth to it than most people knew.

Barton had made good. Real good. He finally had the resources to give his family the love he knew they deserved, if he wanted to.

Barton Everest, Ghostly Gangsta

How do you spend your money and life?

Some fellas came looking for Mister Hamid, Pinkertons actually, and they seemed none too happy or surprised to hear how he met his end. Stories began to crop up all over the nation of his heinous actions, and caused no end of trouble for the detective agency.

Many years later, someone would come for “Wendy.” Her family seemed to understand what had happened and didn’t ask too many questions. They didn’t stay long, but they left a bundle of oranges by her grave marker.

Androcles probably made more money than most out of the deal, by virtue of his law degree he set himself and the other expedition members up pretty well. Not to mention evading the trail of bodies leading up to their discovery.

Androcles Brocklehurst, Exakt Science

How would you like to spend your money and life?

ya'll can talk about the game now

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
before anything else, thank you to busb and epsilon plus for their assistance in helping me with design and proofreading. busb thank you again for helping me fix all my embarrassing errors, besides my actual writing.

thanks to all of you for playing. i am very very happy with the level of participation and again, i feel like you took an okay setup and made a great game out of it. thank you thank you.

sincere apologies if i forgot anyone!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Dead Doc

GG, everything bad I said about you, especially D1? I was lying. All of it. You played extremely well for a first game and I want you to keep playing if you had fun. I am sorry I am a jerk as scum.

DBD, what the hell? Rarity, what the hell?!?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yesssssss, gut wins!

I bet she did have a vig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Asiina posted: