Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Signing up for a Somber game.

I am Olivia Jenks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Playing this to prepare:

Can you survive the great journey out west?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I have a role I've never played before: vanilla town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Actually I'm bringing pretzel M&Ms back to the past

by the way I hate this post cause it's a weird post that didn't need to be posted but I Won't Overreact because my D1 is Lazy

i... what?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Are you usually intentionally scummy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I can definitely confirm that Asiina and I are the same person.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh come on ##vote yuming

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

It's something scum have incentive to do-- just like grabbing all the items in Ecco's Bandit game.

also: something a player has an incentive to do, because you might get cool flavour

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I keep trying to dunk Somber, I don't know if he likes me anymore :ohdear:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity volunteering is not a votable offence. I think yuming is looking for an excuse to vote for her.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess I'm defending Rarity, yeah, cause I would've done the exact same thing she did.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Proportionality is subjective :shrug:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not really going to keep justifying myself.

I did probably go overboard in voting yuming, the vote on her was more of a rhetorical point (I really don't like/understand this behaviour) than an actual "let's dunk her", but I do think you have to stretch pretty far to call Rarity scummy based on her volunteering.

##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just don't think there's more to squeeze out of this rock. I explained what I was thinking, you don't like it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

DBD, PMom's defense is literally, "Yeah, maybe I over reacted, but you can't think that I was really voting yuming there." In PMom's world, we're supposed to buy that vote as some kinda exclamation point? That's doesn't play right to me.

I don't think it's fair of you to put "you can't think that I was really voting yuming there" in my mouth. Of course people would think I was really voting yuming - I was! I was using my vote to underscore my point, but I didn't give any indication that that's what I was doing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm saying Rarity volunteering was not scummy, and it's dumb to jump on her for it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Dumb =/= scum, and you don't vote dumb.

You vote people you are saying are acting scummy. The post above is you making a scum case on yuming, not saying she's playing dumb. That's my problem, you changed from "yuming is scum" to "yuming is dumb" after you were pressured over this, and want to undo the vote/posting you did.

I think it's safe to vote dumb when they have 0 votes on them and there's more than 24 hours before deadline.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What is capps even for

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(that italics was for emphasis, not to indicate skip-worthiness)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

This is such an awkward reaction, drat.

:agreed:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

you don't think mel brooks is funny, you don't know a thing about humor

Is this part of your case

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Why didn't you just ask that in the first place?

Rarity jumping out and volunteering honestly didn't bother me when I saw it happen. I was caught up in the moment as the post came out and almost volunteered myself. PM jumping in and helping Rarity was strange, as was backing off, but then I saw all your posts of . . . whatever and just didn't care about PM and Rarity any more.

Cool, hopefully we can all move on from this.

Are you a literal goldfish. You can think that more than one thing is suspicious at once!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I did get carried away with trying to make my point and shouldn't have insulted you. I'm sorry.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Yes, but you can only vote for one person at once.

Let's try again, but nicer: can you articulate your thoughts about my alignment and motivations for defending Rarity?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i will ##vote max

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

I'm not sure what to make of Max's claim. On the one hand, I think Exakt's right that it's a little bit off the wall for a fakeclaim but at the same time I can't stop thinking it would be a great fakeclaim for a roleblocker.

Buh?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why is JOAT a good claim for roleblocker?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why is JOAT a good claim for roleblocker?

Why is that the first thing your mind goes to?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

joats and roleblockers visit people, not a major target like a doc, and you don't have to fake a same type of investigation report each time

right, because you can say you protected a player other than the NK, who you know if you're scum. okay.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

why does it matter what you're interested in using, you only get one shot of each.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Because people are focusing on it, and I'm not going to really bother using it.

what

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Apparently I can't get my thoughts across this game.

People are focusing on the roleblock aspect of the role, which I am honestly not going to use anyway because it's more likely I'll hit town than scum with it.

are you going to be rolling a d10 to determine who to roleblock? this is weird! you have a power. of course you're going to use it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Can I? I don't know if the mafia just say "we're killing this person" and they die or if they need to specifically assign someone to make the kill happen. Though you sound much more sure about this than I am.

yeah, scum choose a person to make the NK. that person can get RBed.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What does

Max posted:

Though you sound much more sure about this than I am.
mean

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

How do you people know this?

That's how it works in literally every game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

PM, why are you defending Rarity again?

hahahaha

##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote max

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was making a rhetorical point, with my vote.
:sun:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Like, why are you jumping in and asking me about this when Rarity could easily (and did) answer it.

I understood what you were referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm interested in knowing why you think I posted that.

• Locked thread