Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
drat it Somb, I'm already in too many games!

Abram Grothe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

how unprofessional. why open a game if it isn't even ready to run? Let me guess you haven't even made a setup yet and now you're going to do it all hastily in one night two weeks from now and hope you made it balanced and when it's not you just tell people it was you being "creative" and hope they keep playing your games through your charisma alone.

Who would do such a thing.

Only two kinds of people: monsters and geniuses.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What a motley bunch we have here. But we can push forward, and find the truth within us, and before us.

I am prepared for the trials.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Max posted:

Your first trial: ##vote Meinberg

That's not very neighborly of you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

gently caress I remember the last game I played Rarity flipped a poo poo and accused me of poo poo cause of my D1 tactics but turned out to be scummy scum so don't please let this devolve into that shitfest again thanks <3

I think I follow your meaning.

##vote Deadbeat Dad

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Amnistar posted:

2 things.

1. I like this day 1. More please.

2. I am now the owner of a house. Yall can go gently caress yourselves for the next 48 hours.

Home ownership is a big responsibility, but I'm sure you can handle it. I wish you the best of luck, and all good tidings.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hi guys, I'm not an Asiina alt account.

wiiiiink

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Let's all be friends here. Surely if we all work together, we can get through this in one piece.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

##vote Meinberg

Ma'am, that's a touch rude of you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It seems like Max isn't particularly interested in engaging with the game in the first place. I don't find that to be promising behavior in general.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

he isn't plug in at all, you see it especially in that 1st post of his i quoted

his whole language is passive

:agreed:

##vote Max

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It's all about quality, not quantity. And it seems to me that you're trying to generate a lot of noise right now, Max.

I'm not sure how I feel about the JOAT claim, but your reaction to the pressure on you does not speak favorably.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

How is this relevant to you though? :v:

fuuuuuu

Max posted:

So quality to you is posting the agreed emote and voting me based on tone and incorrectly saying I'm not engaged?

Say no more than is needed. These two posts speak to a very specific and intentional disengagement on your part:

Max posted:

For the record, I'm just skipping every post with italics and photos.

Max posted:

This conversation is getting really specifically pointed and insulting so I don't really want to take part in it any more. Feel free to keep yelling into the void.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'd much prefer that you don't use it on me, if I get a vote.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Would you like me to use it on someone else?

I think Byers' suggestion of holding onto it for the time being is probably safest route.

That said, if you feel reasonably sure that you have scum in your sights, then go ahead.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

You think it's a good idea to use a vig on someone I'm "reasonably sure" is scum, knowing that we won't know if I hit correctly?

While information is the most useful resource to town, dead scum is a decent second best.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Although having said that, it occurs to me that the time when there is the least opportunity information cost is D1, so maybe it would be better to use it today. But on the other hand, you'd be the least certain of hitting scum the earlier you use it. It's a rough situation, for sure.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Max posted:

Meinberg, since you're around, what do you think about literally any player.

I'm still feeling somewhat cautious about PMom. I'm not entirely sure that he actually has the vig, and his defense of Rarity was way too vehement.

I'm liking Capps and Byers, the latter for actually putting in (for him) an effort at being clear and communicative, and the latter for choosing to proceed with the day event.

I'm kinda iffy on Rarity, and I'm starting to feel more ambivalent towards you.

Byers2142 posted:

I've got gut leaning GG right now. There's no desire to find scum in his posts at all.

I agree with Byers on this.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Information is a resource in Mafia. The janitored vig costs us the information the information we would have gotten from that player's flip. The earlier in the game, the less information that is revealed by a flip. However, the earlier in the game, the less the odds of hitting scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##unvote

Let me start by saying that it's late for me, so I might be as clear as I might otherwise be.

Max posted:

Hold on, who is who in this sentence, you said the latter twice. I have no idea how someone could defend capps.

I mean that capps is being relatively clear and communicative.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Those are both bad things though!

I understand what you're saying about opportunity cost, but the alternative is losing zero information.

It's about the balance between the risks and the opportunities. A dead scum is a plus for the town, even if we don't know they're scum.

Pinterest Mom posted:

To be clear, are you positing a PMom/Rar scum team, or just saying that my defense of her was artificial?

The latter. Rarity could be either scum or town and your behavior would still seem suspicious to me.

Byers2142 posted:

We arguably get more information from D1, which is why no lynching on D1 puts town behind the 8 ball. Now you're suggesting we likely mislynch while still suffering the lack of information to work with from a no lynch?

This is a good point, and I will say that no lynching on D1 is a terrible idea. I'd make a more detailed argument about the importance of information on D1, but I think that'd lead me into tangential areas of discussion.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Okay, so maybe capps only makes sense to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Speak of the devil.

You've been quiet Meinberg.

That is true. I've had a lot on my plate, and decided to put this game onto the backburner. I'm still in the process of processing. I'll probably need to look over things again, to boot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm not sure how useful a lurker lynch would be today. I mean, I won't stop you if that's the direction you want to go, but there won't be a whole lot revealed by my flip.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm VT.

Capps, Hurt, and Byers are reading town to my ~gut~

I'm feeling ambivalent towards Asiina on account of her interaction with capps.

I also like the look and sound of Byers' case on GG.

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

I'll try to get some more thoughts out, but I will admit that my mental energy levels are fairly low.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Exakt seems fairly on point this game, despite my wariness in regards to his use of the content game.

I think the idea of scum dayvigging another scum on D1 to be an absolutely ludicrous proposition. I may be alone in this idea. I also think that the presence of one town vigilante makes the possibility of another town vigilante less (but not nil), and so Dr. Hurt being on the scum team that decides to kill PMom makes no sense to me. Because of this, I am quite wary of yuming in this game. She's also calling me scummy when, in fact, I'm just bad.

In a similar vein, let's look at these two posts from Rarity:

Rarity posted:

No way town has two vigs. My vote on PMom's not moving.

Rarity posted:

Ok, back to Hurt's vig.

I looked back and Hurt hadn't had a chance to post much so far. His interaction with Amni was really the only one he'd had with somebody so I can see that while for us it looked more random, to him Amni would be sticking out more so I'll give him that. Beyond that, yuming's right that the vig came out of nowhere so for me it's hard to get a real good read on it. I'm not sold on Hurt being town but I'm not confident he's scum so ##vote Ghostly feels better today.
She clearly seems to be setting up the possibility for a Hurt case, and killing Pmom would give her the tools to work with that, even though she's not been pressing it as hard as she might possibly.

Finally, Ecco's defense of Rarity seems ~weird~ to me, as it did to a lot of other folks. Taste coming in an tunneling on capps does not alleviate my worries.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

yuming posted:

:siren: THE TOWNIEST POST DO NOT LYNCH

Fair enough.

##vote Taste

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Nah, I just can see where the wind is blowing and wanted to get -some- thoughts out before I get voted out.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Anyone have anything else to say before the hammer comes down?

Look at Taste, I don't like how he and Ecco have played so far this game.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

Oh I forgot Ecco was even in this game.

Ecco was replaced by Taste.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

:ghost: You'll all burn for this! :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Killing Meinberg is a very rude thing to do.

• Locked thread