Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll join. Give me Pancho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yessssss, Ecco is playing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Requesting Bus Driver role, since that is my absolute favorite role.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dr. Hurt posted:

There are no buses in the wild west. You can be the cattle trail driver.

You loudly transport two players to their new domicile. No one hears you do this for some reason.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Confirming that Pancho also owns a pancho.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

What a motley bunch we have here. But we can push forward, and find the truth within us, and before us.

I am prepared for the trials.

Your first trial: ##vote Meinberg

Max
Nov 30, 2002

yuming posted:

##vote Max

Hi Max :sun:

Jesus I drank too much last night.

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I gotta say, whenever I've seen people do gimmicky style posts, they almost always end up being scum.

What I'm saying is, hey GG and DD, you bein' scummy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Good thing about mafia is that there is a built in mechanism to deal with that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

poo poo, I posted too late. I was replying to DbD.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, alright . . . look, Pancho has no time for being accurate.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was out suit shopping for my wedding today, I'll look over the lengthy . . . page and a half I need to catch up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

yuming posted:

##vote capps

For actively posting nonsense.

I had some questionable feelings about the current discussion about PM, but honestly this bothered me more and more as I read down the current posts.

##vote capps

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For the record, I'm just skipping every post with italics and photos.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

"I had some questionable feelings" - past tense
"about the current discussion about PM" - present
"but honestly this bothered me" - past
"more and more as I read down the current posts." - present

Its constructed, fake, he had "questionable feelings". we are told not what they were or why he doesn't 'has' them instead of 'had' them.

its a post made to look like a thought process. max is trying to show a progression, hence the tenses. he is creating a chronology. it doesn't work though because these should be "present" thoughts

he scum

##vote max

No, I'm not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Any reason why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There's like, still 10 hours left, we're not at the "drop a vote just because" stage just yet.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh hey look, a bunch of posts I didn't see because I didn't hit refresh.

Mmhmmm,

GG, I don't know why you've highlighted the posts that you have. I get that there aren't many at this stage, but you don't really address your issue with them, aside from "they are opinionated."

Anyway, ##vote Ghostly

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

Max who is your scum team?

Whoever is town is on my team.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I didn't have an issue with them really other than you calling them gimmicky or scummy. I don't really have any issue with that either really. Like I said, just interacting with who interacted with me.

So wait, you just vote for people that interact with you?

This makes no sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity posted:

This is such an awkward reaction, drat.

I tried to write something funny but I've been burned too much in previous games when people misconstrue humor for a claim or something, so I turned it into an empty statement that is also true.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I didn't have an issue with them really other than you calling them gimmicky or scummy. I don't really have any issue with that either really. Like I said, just interacting with who interacted with me.

I'm sorry, this is really bothering me. You don't have an issue with anything I said, but voted for me?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

look at max
he isn't trying to turn things hard on gg, he is trying to guide us to

I'm trying to make a case for someone that is voting for me for reasons I legit can't figure out. You're just sniping.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

look at max
he isn't trying to turn things hard on gg, he is trying to guide us to

Like, OH NO, I'm trying to point out something I don't understand.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is this reality?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

"questionable feelings"

If two words are going to take me out day 1 then I don't know man.

Do you actually have no problem with GG just laying down a vote because I have no idea why actually.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

WHAT
WERE
YOUR
QUESTIONABLE FEELINGS?

Why didn't you just ask that in the first place?

Rarity jumping out and volunteering honestly didn't bother me when I saw it happen. I was caught up in the moment as the post came out and almost volunteered myself. PM jumping in and helping Rarity was strange, as was backing off, but then I saw all your posts of . . . whatever and just didn't care about PM and Rarity any more.

Cool, hopefully we can all move on from this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you a literal goldfish. You can think that more than one thing is suspicious at once!

Yes, but you can only vote for one person at once.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This conversation is getting really specifically pointed and insulting so I don't really want to take part in it any more. Feel free to keep yelling into the void.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey all, I walked away for a while because I was called a literal goldfish, which at the time was the cherry on top of being annoyed at the way the game was going and also kinda personal.

I don't know what the vote count is at the moment, but it seems kinda close to 8 so I might as well claim:

I have a few one-shot night actions. Protect, Block, and investigate. I can only use each action once throughout the game.

Meinberg posted:

It seems like Max isn't particularly interested in engaging with the game in the first place. I don't find that to be promising behavior in general.

I'm going to grab lunch, but I would invite all of you to click on Meinberg's post history and revel in how funny this statement is coming from him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, ##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually,

##vote Meinburg

Re-reading his post history, he just sort of participates in the joke phase, then says nothing until showing up to say I seem disengaged with the game, which is a funny statement to make just after myself and capps made quite a few posts. And apparently agreeing that my tone is off so hey why not throw down a vote on me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FFFFFFFFFF
##vote Meinberg

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

My reasons were stated. I don't have a problem with you saying my posts were possibly scummy or gimmicky because it is a game, BUT since you chose to call it out, I cast my vote for you. There is no grand mystery or scheme to it. I harbor no ill will against you because this is an internet game.

Take it easy.

I want to re-visit this as well. I know I called your vote gimmicky earlier. That was due to a couple of people RPing with italics and photos of their characters for this game, which I didn't really want to read. I've seen that tactic used in other games to mask a scum player's inaction. I don't know why of all things you chose that particular post to apparently give me a vote.

Also, what's the count?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, apparently I'm at 5, I think.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

OK, apparently I'm at 5, I think.

God dammnit, I need to hit refresh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

If someone presents reasonable evidence to vote otherwise before the cut off I'll make amends, but like I said. It's not personal, just playing the game.

Let it rest man, let it rest.

You're at 5 though according to the OP.

Sitting on me so close to hammer when you are on me for pretty bad reasons is disconcerting, especially when I was at -2 on what looked like a fast moving bandwagon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

##vote capps I like this one moreeee

I find him scummy but I can't tell if that's because I'm just annoyed with him in general or if he's actually scummy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity posted:

I'm not sure what to make of Max's claim. On the one hand, I think Exakt's right that it's a little bit off the wall for a fakeclaim but at the same time I can't stop thinking it would be a great fakeclaim for a roleblocker.

For what reasons?

I know it's real on my end. And if I'm getting a roleblock, that means the scum have a couple of roles, need a specific person to pull off a night kill, or both I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is this reality?

• Locked thread