Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'll be Rafi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

I wanna know where the gold at, gimme the gold

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
gently caress I remember the last game I played Rarity flipped a poo poo and accused me of poo poo cause of my D1 tactics but turned out to be scummy scum so don't please let this devolve into that shitfest again thanks <3

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Meinberg posted:

I think I follow your meaning.

##vote Deadbeat Dad

You know what I loving like Meinberg

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
wait wait wait let me do this before Ecco does:

In light of my dark skin, I assure you there is no sort of Islamic state to be frightened of in these times. I am a simple man named Rafi. I love booze, women and the occassional game of russian roulette. Let's not make this into a pigment voting system or my friend Pancho Castillo will be wetting and defecating his trousers at night - knowing his fate. And we would not want that stench wafting in close quarters. Now if you excuse me, Tommy Harden is waiting for this fine cigar I promised him many moons ago. And there is no better night to draw from the head of this succulent beast.

sadjsdjfidj something like that

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

*kicks legs up on table awaiting Lucy's bland backstory, unintentionally blowing smoke in Tommy's face*

*twirls gun in my left hand for fun*

*eats peanuts or whatever loving food there is in this bowl*

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Actually I'm bringing pretzel M&Ms back to the past

Dr. Hurt posted:

Tonight I'm going to a Big Trouble in Little China and Raiders of the Lost Ark double feature. If there is something awesome later hopefully I'll be able to participate.

by the way I hate this post cause it's a weird post that didn't need to be posted but I Won't Overreact because my D1 is Lazy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

What?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Max posted:

I gotta say, whenever I've seen people do gimmicky style posts, they almost always end up being scum.

What I'm saying is, hey GG and DD, you bein' scummy.

I was mocking Ecco but I'm going to intentionally do this now to annoy you :chanpop:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

to be fair... none of you guys have M&M's...

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I once ran two post restriction games where everybody who had a PR was scum. Maybe he's on to something.

(ok all jokes aside every gimmicky PR posts I've seen has had 0 bearing on scum or town when I play with people who do it :shrug:)

*grabs Pancho to the side and whispers in his ear.. us brown people... must stick together, like these M&Ms*

*eats handful of them*'

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hey somber where is this EVENT

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

I'll ##volunteer

What a guy. I'll catch you if you fall

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I dunno about alignments controlling actions but last time I played with Rarity she was similarly aggressive and turned out to be scum

This game she's playing pretty aggressive and pretty much said what she did was scummy and then went after the only person defending her for basically saying "voting her for that isn't really worth a vote"

Then when you try to explain what you mean by that she will not take your answer FOR poo poo, and I ended up vigging somebody else and I still regret that

she's... a tough nut to crack, but if we crack her early..

##vote Rarity

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
But I also really want to vote Dr. Hurt. He answered Amnistars post pretty seriously (although Amnistar asked him to answer it seriously to head off joke phase or was that a joke? and I think it was before the game even began? It's just really weird) - and then did this weird thing I've seen people as scum do a lot which is inform people when or if they'd be around because they're busy. I just don't see town doing that. He doesn't have many posts so I'm not sure though but I want to vote him.

and AnonymousNarcotics is the equivalent of somebody trying to fit in, which is concerning. Not in a like I'm a bully you can't be our friend way, just like "hey I'm around guys not really talking about anything just postin'" which is weird to me

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

DBD, PMom's defense is literally, "Yeah, maybe I over reacted, but you can't think that I was really voting yuming there." In PMom's world, we're supposed to buy that vote as some kinda exclamation point? That's doesn't play right to me.

It would be hypocritical of me because I react similarly when I vote people out of frustration or as a "point to prove" in my head if I think the reasoning for the vote is utterly stupid so I can see where he's coming from.

I have more problem with the "I'm not gonna keep justifying myself" line which Rarity quoted but I still find Rarity's turn on him odd. It honestly feels like a strange sort of interaction. I don't have a problem with his vote at all though.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

mr.capps posted:

YA ONE OF THEM KANSAS CITY PRICKS AIN'T YA
STAY AWAY FROM MY BLUE, YA HEAR?
##vote Asiina

I saw Blue out in the fields earlier before we left. I think one of the gringos were trying to shag it. Buckin' and running all over the place trying to get out of their nasty grip. I shouted and they ran. Didn't want to be known as "the horse fucker" around these parts I presume. I think she did though.

Back in my country, only the nobles can own horses. Once I get back home with all of this gold I plan on having a lot of horses to graze my land. And a wife or two!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

I'm having a hard time parsing your first paragraph, but I think you're saying you use your vote to make a point something, yes? What about the fact that PMom was ok with the idea of that vote being for yuming doing scummy behavior, and now it's not?

I'm saying I can understand being annoyed with a vote and voting that person because of it which is what he did with yuming. He literally was like "cmon that's not a reason to vote me" and voted her for that. And that when people bring dumbass votes on me (which are subjective) I react the same.

What would be scummy is if he kept his vote on yuming and tried to push others on it because she said what she said. I think you're holding the vote in too high a prestige and the action of voting and taking away a vote isn't a huge deal. I'm not commentating on the other reasons you feel like he's scum but that one in particular doesn't make sense to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

mr.capps posted:

Blue isa horse? I thought she was an rear end.

Whyya lied ta me muh Blue.

I wasn't close enough to tell the difference, but I do know a good rear end when I see one![

*chokes on pretzel M&M

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

Yeah and you weren't town in that game either, if I remember correctly.

Just a well meaning survivor :henget:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Max posted:

For the record, I'm just skipping every post with italics and photos.

God Max is such a bore

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote cause I don't think I'll be here for deadline. I'll be here in the morning though. I'm not 100% on Rarity.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Agreed. Down with the geezer

##vote Max

wait I must add this so he cannot acknowledge this post. If you quote this in any sort of way you are in direct violation of post 442191751 and are subject to a snake bite to the temple administered by yours truly

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I feel like 1/3 of the posters have not really gotten involved either because they're lurking scum or they're scared to get their feet wet for whatever reason

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm not going to be here for the deadline so this will be my last post so I can't back and forth with anybody.

Dr. Hurt, I still don't like that post from you - and to add, you have't really been active in discussion. I keep harping on that post because it's the things I like to look for D1:

Max posted:

I was out suit shopping for my wedding today, I'll look over the lengthy . . . page and a half I need to catch up.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Tonight I'm going to a Big Trouble in Little China and Raiders of the Lost Ark double feature. If there is something awesome later hopefully I'll be able to participate.

Posts like these. Not really needed. It just pings of subconscious guilt from you guys. "I have to update the thread on things I may or may not be doing even though I will most likely be around for, or I already am around for!" It looks like a small thing but I tend not to overreact on the bigger picture sort of issues D1. It's the smaller actions I like to look at D1. If you won't be around, that's one thing. If you're just informing the thread for no apparent reason other than ??? it's a bit strange.

If I'm not doing that on D1, I'm playing super defensive and see how people interact with me and usually after a bit of OMGUS I can lean towards their alignment.

(before anybody calls me a hypocrite, I literally won't be around later so this will be my last post so I'm informing ya'll that I can't reply so this will be my thoughts on the day)

That combined with Max's brash attitude towards PR and the game (it's not that serious) doesn't sit right with me. I don't think anybody plays super serious townie game like he's trying to portray.

I'm ok where my vote is at for now, later dudes

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Max posted:

I don't want what GG did yesterday to go by without discussion, because I feel like very few people playing this game were actually talking about him.

It's also worth looking at Dr. Hurt, because I do believe scum would decide to just have one of them kill the other to gain cred, and the kill really came out of no-where.

Well.. yeah. A nightkill target like Pmom directly / indirectly involves Dr. Hurt and the subsequent flip would make him look better or worse. Killing a claimed vig with janitor powers which either could've been a clever gambit by PMom or an attempt to discredit Dr. Hurt and make people question if there is two town vigs (which is currently happening)

Byers2142 posted:

Here's a strange night kill for scum to do. Even at the end of the day, PMom was tied for the vote lead and only really fell of being the solo vote leader because of Amni's casing of him. Which suggests that scum were more scared of either his power or his cases, perhaps both?

He had a day vig and scum had already lost one person to Hurt's day vig. We know that PMom ended the day looking at Ghost and Exakt. If you compare the town's opinions at the end of the day and the kill that happened, I think that scum might have been afraid PMom might use his vig (even if janitored) to shoot another scum.

PMom was all over the place with his suspect list which included & finger pointed at Exakt, myself (for thinking I talked about movies or whatever but totally missed the point, whatever), GG, Meinberg and Max at different points. might have missed a few but I just skimmed his old posts.

Still think the thought process of the kill involves Dr. Hurt more than being afraid of PMom. A janitored kill gives no information at all. Also there was the off chance that he was lying about his role. I'm skeptical of the assumption that there wouldn't be 2 town vigs because look at the setting of this loving game.

That being said, I do see Amni as the type of player to just say to shoot him. Talked about his house a lot, wasn't extremely active, had that weird interaction with Dr. Hurt. I could've sworn he has done something like that before but I may be talking out of my rear end.

The whole situation is a bit weird to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Max posted:

For sure. I was planning on holding off when I first got the role on N1 no matter what, I didn't plan on claiming so early.

I believe your claim but I've done a JOAT fake claim before. You can't really verify any action besides the block. A faulty or guessed-1 shot investigation can be thrown away on a scumbuddy or some random townie and doctoring somebody can't really be verified either, right? I don't think people get flavor if a doctor protects them. Either you're setting yourself up early or you can eventually prove it. Inclined to just to believe you for now.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tommy.. you have been suspiciously quiet my friend. Has my cigar knocked you on your rear end? Ha ha ha

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Asiina posted:

Well drat, nice shot!

I was going to say Rarity's post was weird because Hurt could have been a scum vig. He's obviously not, but he could have been when Rarity made her post, so why assume PMom?

Rarity posted:

No way town has two vigs. My vote on PMom's not moving.

Both of these posts rub me the wrong way. Both speak as if they are undoubtedly correct. If that's the case, not sure why Rarity hasn't voted Dr. Hurt already if she's that convinced (which you apparently are still you said you thought he was scum after the flip).

Asiina - you saying "he's obviously not" also sort of reeks too. It can absolutely be a "buy us time" sort of bus kill. It could also be a great gut shot as town, but to completely say it's not a scum vig when there is a town flipped that died seems like you know more than you're letting on.

You're also getting sidetracked by capps which I can't tell if you think he's scum or just don't like his posting. Like I'm gonna be honest, I can't form an opinion on him right now which is the best thing you can do besides be confirmed town.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##turn to page 100

I want to see what contributing the least will do because I'm lazy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

You're suggesting that scum killed PMom as a means to make Hurt look like scum? Then you leave an out where you say, "But Amni might've wanted to die, so Hurt could still be town as well." I do not like the thought progression in this post; DBD's going down to separate and diverging roads at the same time in his thought process.

I said I think it heavily involves Dr. Hurt in some sort of way and there's two ways to see it. One would be scum wanting to force their hand or shine light on the vig issue and make PMom flip. Alternatively, like you pointed out (but I think is less likely) is where scum are scared of a janitored vig. That would involve Dr. Hurt bussing his own teammate beforehand. There is the 3rd option of Hurt being town and the kill not involving him in the thought process at all. I don't see it.

My thought process is not conflicted at all if that's what you're trying to spin. I just think it heavily involves Hurt and think there is far more chance of the former happening. Bussing is nowhere out of the realm of possibility, albeit unlikely I feel right now.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

Thanks to the efforts of Asiina, Ghostly Gangsta, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, and Max, the day continues!

It isn't long at all before the tunnel is cleared and the group lets out a cheer. It might just be delirium, but it seems like the air on the other side tastes better. The expedition hurries ahead, their lantern lights bobbing in the darkness towards their appointed destination.

Look here I stretched an arm out

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
GG has read mostly town to me up until that mega-post. Scum always do that megapost. I've sworn on it for years. But usually it's in different context - GG has been pretty active. I've seen lurking scum use it a lot as a way to catch up and act like they're putting in mega-work when they're just puking opinions. GG has been active in discussion and is a newer player so it's not as worrisome but I still don't those posts in general.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Asiina posted:

You were supervising.

you're being generous but... yes

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

Hmm, this pings for me a bit, the explanation particularly. Also this:

For saying I'm lazy for doing the least effort in some CYOA side game? Okay.

Also that's a lovely accusation of bussing. I'm saying GG is reading like town to me point blank besides that megapost. He's all over the place and way too out there which doesn't read scum to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Test test test test my reply isnt working? ?? Or is it??

edit: ok now it is

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

I'm not spinning anything. You're literally saying that either scum killed PMom to implicate Hurt, or Hurt bus-shoot Amni. It leaves you open to vote Hurt while making a town call on him due to perceived scum intentions; if Hurt flips town, you now can say you were right but if need be you're still able to reference the bus and vote him.

And here's another waffling post. "Scum always... but..."

Ghost, you're at -2. I'd suggest you claim and reveal whatever you're hinting at here. Is it a gun? It sounds like a gun.

Well no poo poo. I'm acknowledging that there is a chance that both could be scum, but I would not want to vote either today. GG just claimed and I believe it. Hurt's bussing is a possible thing but to straight up jump to that assumption is a faulty way of town voting. We didn't even vote anybody the first day.

It's not "leaving the door open to get cred" - it's realizing there are two avenues to every player in this game and the most likely scenarios. If Dr. Hurt was bussing his teammate, doing it at THAT point in time would make less sense than doing it a day or 2 later because of the limited contact and "planning" that people have accused him and Amni of.

Saying "you're waffling because you're leaving the door open to them being town/scum" is such a black and white and straight out wrong way to look at mafia. Unless there is a confirmed town, I'm never going to feel comfortable with any player.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

DBD, vote for somebody. Show us where you stand.

I've been in the process of a semi-lengthy post in the last 30 minutes. I will.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

I forget, have you given your top three scumreads? Or answered the cop/doctor/shoot question?

Why would I answer a hypothetical question about a role I don't have? This might be the least effective way to gain any sort of opinion when you figure that most people are going to lie in their answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

Because it generates content and forces people to talk about their reasoning. I'd like us to take a much closer look at DBD tomorrow, especially if GG flips scum.

I don't need to generate content by answers your faux lovely hypotheticals. There is 0 to gain from that. I can picture you sitting at your desk, trying to decipher answers of scum naming people they're scum with for the cop/roleblock answers and etc.

Alternatively, IF gg is lynched (stop assuming he will be) and flips town, you bet your rear end I'll be itching to look at you as well.

We got a lot of time in these caves, bubba.

• Locked thread