Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

you can post here if you dont own a kindle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't have a kindle.

but I want one

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i got a nook and its good. if you root it you can access a web browser also

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i own a kindle, so i probably shouldn't post here.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Dicky B posted:

i got a nook and its good. if you root it you can access a web browser also

made me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22BB8VPI5o

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i guess i can answer questions about my kindle here, if any kindless posters are curious.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i got a kindle a few years ago and basically i've been reading a helluva lot more since i got it. nowadays I even use the kindle app on my phone and tablet and it all syncs up perfectly across devices.

thx jeff bozo

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i dont own any digital book readers and nor do i want to
feeling at home itt atm rn

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i wonder how fast e-ink will get. its so easy on the eyes i wish i could use it for everything

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Dicky B posted:

i wonder how fast e-ink will get. its so easy on the eyes i wish i could use it for everything

same

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i have a kindle paperwhite and it is very nice

touchscreen is dumb bullshit for morons though

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Dicky B posted:

you can post here if you dont own a kindle

kill urself op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Forums Terrorist posted:

kill urself op

SMYTHE !!!!!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
PLEASE DONT YOS SHAME USE ANYMORE

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

vodkat posted:

SMYTHE !!!!!

:jihad:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
i own a kindle but i prefer having books read into me by grover gardner courtesy of audible an amazon company

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 21, 2015

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
i own 3 kindles, I use the browser reader and I have the kindle app on my phone and I just posted here

now what?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

vodkat posted:

SMYTHE !!!!!

in teh future pls pm me. i dont kniowhow to namesearch. i found tihs at random by clicking this dumb rear end thread

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
say that poo poo to my face irl lets see what happens :cmon:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I love my kindle it's a real good thing to have if you like to read and don't just buy books to put on a shelf to show off

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also vodkat is a loving narc

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Dicky B posted:

my pebble watch has an e-ink display and it's actually quite fast but i know nothing about e-ink displays so i don't know if they can make e-ink displays like that scale up and still be fast

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

hahaa you stupid gently caress

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I've dropped my keyboard kindle on the hard floor twice and it's still fine so that's also a plus

Apr 7, 2003

I bought a Kindle Touch in, I think, late 2011. I've read ~25 books on it. It's paid for itself.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

I bought a Kindle Touch in, I think, late 2011. I've read ~25 books on it. It's paid for itself.

I've read a shitload of books on my keyboard kindle, like at least 80 or 90, if you turn wireless off when you don't need it you only gotta charge the loving thing once a month

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Dicky B posted:

https://vine.co/v/OTtT33mFMH5

https://vine.co/v/OTtFIlbQ06q

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i bought a nook simple touch reader with a barnes and noble gift card. it was my favorite electronic item for a long time. i took it backpacking. then, later, it broke its own screen while sitting on a shelf.

Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I've read a shitload of books on my keyboard kindle, like at least 80 or 90, if you turn wireless off when you don't need it you only gotta charge the loving thing once a month

As much as I like eink, I do not enjoy the kindle experience. I would rather read a real book. I'd rather display a real book. I don't know.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is this the kinkless thread. all i have left item collar my domme left me . don't tell my mom

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

As much as I like eink, I do not enjoy the kindle experience. I would rather read a real book. I'd rather display a real book. I don't know.

I enjoy the kindle experience, my kindle is fuckin organized like mad. I read too much so I can't have that horder poo poo going

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i tried to read a book on the kindle app on my phone but apparently only a free preview was available and theres no obvious way to purchase the books. thanks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

i tried to read a book on the kindle app on my phone but apparently only a free preview was available and theres no obvious way to purchase the books. thanks

it's easy as gently caress to order a book or send a preview to an actual kindle

plus there's no DRM so you can pirate books if you want the used bookstore experience

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's easy as gently caress to order a book or send a preview to an actual kindle

plus there's no DRM so you can pirate books if you want the used bookstore experience

from the phone app theres no obvious way to buy the book. it told me i could ad it to my wishlist but thats it.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

from the phone app theres no obvious way to buy the book. it told me i could ad it to my wishlist but thats it.

I can browse poo poo on amazon then send a sample to my kindle, and if I like the sample I can instantly buy it on my kindle and it downloads in like 2 seconds and poo poo is usually like 10 bucks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
honestly through I usually pirate poo poo if they charge more than 10 bucks, because gently caress paying hardcover prices for a digital version

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i don't have a kindle anymore but reading books on my phone seemed easy. i could prob buy the book on the website but its dumb as gently caress that there isn't a "buy this book" button in the Kindle Branded App

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

i don't have a kindle anymore but reading books on my phone seemed easy. i could prob buy the book on the website but its dumb as gently caress that there isn't a "buy this book" button in the Kindle Branded App

sounds like a personal problem man dunno how you could want to read anything for an extended period on a phone or non eink tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

sounds like a personal problem man dunno how you could want to read anything for an extended period on a phone or non eink tablet

My Kindle Was Stolen trademeark lovely yosposter too stupid to live in a non poor neighboorhood

• Locked thread