Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Suspect Bucket posted:

6.99 A LB OXTAIL TODAY
I bought some the other day and that's what it was :(

Shanks are about that, too.

Heart was only 2.79/lb

One day I'm going to buy like $25 in shanks and tails and just make some insane beef stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

KettleWL posted:

I'm thinking chicken livers might be next, I've only ever had them deep-fried, and that feels like cheating.

Chicken livers on toast. You must.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2012/06/the-ap%C3%A9ritif-hour-chopped-chicken-livers-on-toast.html

At the holidays I make sure to get a bag of them to make this while I'm cooking. Everyone is grossed out except my 80 year old aunt who eats liver every day.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I could eat liver pate on crackers all fuckin' day

Stupid chicken restaurant by my work has it on the all-you-can-eat family style dinner, I have them bring out like 6 plates of that poo poo.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Ingredients

1/2 pound chicken livers, well-trimmed
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
1 small garlic clove, smashed and peeled
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
Kosher salt
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 teaspoons Cognac or Scotch whisky
Freshly ground pepper
Toasted baguette slices, for serving

In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are barely pink inside, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Discard the bay leaf. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the livers, onion and garlic to a food processor; process until coarsely pureed. With the machine on, add the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until incorporated. Add the Cognac, season with salt and pepper and process until completely smooth. Scrape the pâté into 2 or 3 large ramekins. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pâté and refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.

Make Ahead
The pâté can be covered with a thin layer of melted butter, then wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 2 months.

Someone left a bottle of Hennesey at my house (don't ask why) and that's what I've been using it for.

• Locked thread