Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

KettleWL posted:

Yeah I was going to try oxtail too, but it's $5.99 here even with my butcher hook up (friend's in laws run a shop), just ridiculous.

My local grocery is constantly marking both their oxtail and beef shank at $7 or $8 / lb. The funny thing about this is, since I live in a white bread midwestern hellscape, nobody buys it - which means it invariably winds up going into the clearance meat bin a few days later, where I can scoop it up at $2/lb with impunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
I'm assuming I know what a bung is, but does pizzle refer to the wiener?

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

and everybody just wondered why Americans like turkey so much

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I've ever met anybody (in America) who professed to love turkey. The only time I really see it at all is on holidays - which is more a function of tradition (Thanksgiving) and the fact that a turkey is both cheap and one bird is big enough to feed a large family. Or, as a substitute for other, better meats (turkey burgers, turkey bacon, etc.) or as a sandwich meat (where turkey really shines). Regardless, it's a boring bird that most people can't cook without drying the poo poo out of.

Americans *do* love Wild Turkey 101, which is a completely understandable thing.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

A turkey burger with swiss is twice as good as a traditional beef hamburger with american cheese. :colbert:

This is so objectively wrong it hurts.

If you had said venison burger with 20% beef suet ground in, then maybe.

• Locked thread